Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM       
SPEAKING OF, I finally beat Silent Hill 2 last night.

I admit I was wrong about this game. It really gets completely excellent after you work your way beneath the prison, and all the uninteresting locations and happenings before that are more or less forgotten. After I knew what happens at the end some of the stuff during the first half made more sense, too. What Mary says when she talks to James over the radio early on was a "holy shit that is awesome" moment.

I've also found out that when you play these games enough times, or at least when I do, they get progressively creepier each run. Even 3, which was probably the least mortifying.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM       
I also didn't have too much hope for SH5, but did they seriously pull the "magical mystical cult" bullshit?

I mean, they were always mentioned briefly in other games, but the order was never explicitly shown or represented, save for Claudia and Vincent, and it never felt like a central subject. Bring a bunch of hooded religious zealots into the mix and it just gets cheesy.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
Um

The cult was the entire plot of 3. And 1. Their symbol was scribbled on every wall and street toward the end of the game. The White Claudia was what they used to recruit new cult members. The hooded zealots were always there, just they were all dead/gone by the time SH 1 and 3 took place.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
But they were never the main enemy; it was still always Silent Hill itself. The order were just some zealots fucking with shit they didn't fully comprehend.

I always thought Silent Hill took a lot of inspiration from The Shining, too, so I considered the town a living, breathing evil, more of a threat than all the crazy fuckers running around in it could ever be. Yeah, they were making it worse, but that's only a small part of it.

Anyway, even in 3 where there was the most focus on the cult's magic and religion, members certainly never amassed in mining gear and attacked you with rifles while DIRECTING the town's curse around the landscape and kidnapping people. There were only like, three or four of them in the entire series anyway. It's either a really small cult or nobody in it is as batshit insane as Dahlia and Claudia. Vincent even says something along those lines at one point, I think.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:51 PM       
idk that's just my take on it

it's so ambiguous that the UFO endings might not even be a joke
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:14 AM       
Someone needs to stop over analyzing these games.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:30 AM