Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:18 PM        Strange Brew. Ever watched it?
Have you ever heard of the 80's classic movie starring Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas? It's about two Canadian brothers that need to get free beer. I own this movie on DVD and it is one of my favorite movies of all time. If you ever EVER see this movie anywhere, BUY IT, RENT IT do whatever the hell it takes to watch this movie. This is by far the best comedy of all time. The worst part is the end. Because it had to end.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 08:03 PM        "Strange Brew" - (1983)
[center:e77688be3f]

Scene from The Great White North[/center:e77688be3f]
Being a law abiding Canadian of course I've watched this comedy. It was based on a last thought sketch from the comedy show SCTV. Unlike the U.S., Canadian TV is regulated on how many commercial you can air, and it turned out that the Canadian version of SCTV was about a minute or two short. So to fill the time they created this show hosted by these two hoser brothers by the of Bob and Doug McKenzie that would just ramble on about beer and back bacon...
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:50 AM        Re: Strange Brew. Ever watched it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickMan
Have you ever heard of the 80's classic movie starring Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas? It's about two Canadian brothers that need to get free beer. I own this movie on DVD and it is one of my favorite movies of all time. If you ever EVER see this movie anywhere, BUY IT, RENT IT do whatever the hell it takes to watch this movie. This is by far the best comedy of all time. The worst part is the end. Because it had to end.
AND THEN THIS HAPPENED :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Simard
[center:36b2287bfd]

Scene from The Great White North[/center:36b2287bfd]
Being a law abiding Canadian of course I've watched this comedy. It was based on a last thought sketch from the comedy show SCTV. Unlike the U.S., Canadian TV is regulated on how many commercial you can air, and it turned out that the Canadian version of SCTV was about a minute or two short. So to fill the time they created this show hosted by these two hoser brothers by the of Bob and Doug McKenzie that would just ramble on about beer and back bacon...
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:06 PM       
take off, you hoser, eh.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:53 PM       
UPDATE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
take off, you hoser, eh.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:06 PM       
Before this show, no American knew anything about Canadians. We were like some kind of Great White Mystery.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:00 PM       
On the DVD they have the skit called: "How to stuff a mouse in a beer bottle". For all of us people in the U.S. this skit is about how to stuff a mouse in a beer bottle to get free beer. How in the world did they make a movie outta that? Who knows. All I know is that it is one of the funniest movie ever. They also have The animated adventures of Bob And Doug McKenzie. This could of been the next Simpsons. Too bad I never heard of it again.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:17 PM       
Yes, I have seen it. Yes, it is funny. Yes, i am stupider for having sat through the whole thing. All in all, it was an even trade, though.