Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM       
Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

This is one of those movies that I don't actively dislike, but was bored nearly the entire time I watched it. Which means that yes, for me, it's a bad movie; I just can't say why.
It wasn't even because I knew what was gonna happen (England isn't catholic after all) but somehow, I just really didn't care about anything that happened. And I even thought Cate Blanchett acted well, but that didn't help save the movie for me.
He speaks truth!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM       
I thought Cate Blanchett acted well, and I thought that it was a passable continuation, but I liked the first Elizabeth much better.

I tried to tell myself throughout that Elizabeth I became a less likeable person with age, and that they were just portraying that. It was more or less historically accurate, give or take a few details. But like you, it also struck me as a very meh movie.
HERE - COME - THE - DRUMS
Master is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM       
Last movie I watched was Transformers. It was surprisingly good seeing as I was expecting something just for the kids. I held off watching it for a few months for just that reason, but some friends convinced me to get it and I'm glad I did now.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM       
Balls of Fury - There was a lot of apparent comedy in it, i.e. nutshots, blatant deaths and the like. The best parts of the movie were the subtle humor they threw in that didn't really stand out.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:26 PM       
I thought the Panda was the best out of Balls of Fury...

I'm easy to impress....
Feel the guilt
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
Herbie: Fully Loaded

Okay, up front, right from the start: I didn't hate Lindsey Lohan in this movie. Hell, her performance wasn't exactly Oscar worthy, but it's not like she had much to work with, and she got the job done. Except for all the times in the beginning of the movie she screamed. Then I wanted to stab her in the guts with a rusty pitchfork, but that's how I always react to high pitched girly screams, so no surprise there.

Now, about the actual movie. A fitting one phrase summary would be "Harmless, nonsensical, completely predictable and moderate fun". Really, I actually didn't mind watching this movie. As long as you don't think too much and allow yourself to laugh at the stupid jokes (or just the stupidity), it's actually quite enjoyable. It may have helped that I was slightly intoxicated.

Also, while I've heard of the other Herbie movies, I've never watched any of them and don't know wether this movie is some kind of insult to the "Great Herbie Legacy" or not. If it is, or if it even exists...who cares.
He speaks truth!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM       
I always thought Herbie should get in a street fight with Speed Buggy...or Bumblebee at least.

Finished watching Death at a funeral. I enjoyed it a lot.
Feel the guilt
Old May 17th, 2008, 04:53 PM       
Bable - It was quite...different, and moved along a bit slowly at times, but if you don't mind either of those two, then you should definitley watch it.

Also, I was positively surprised to see big Hollywood actors like Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett acting in a movie like this. I don't know if this movie had a bigger budget than you'd expect, or if Brad and Cate just agreed to a lower fee than they'd usually charge.
He speaks truth!
SKATASTIC
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM       
Tooth & Nail from the 8 movies to die for series. Most of them are pretty decent. Set around 2015, dystopian setting. The human race has to restart. Apocalypse here is caused lack of crude oil.

Kind of interesting at gas being $4 a gallon in New York at least.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
I caught the X-Files movie on TV yesterday from pretty much the beginning and watched it for the first time.

It was, uh, well

It was all right I guess.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:38 AM       
10000 bc

i liked how cave jesus totally killed that goa'uld with a spear (spoilers whoops)
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM       
The Quest starring and directed by Jean Claude Van Dam. Admittedly, I bought it today for $11.99 even though it belongs in the $5 Wal-Mart bin. True classics are worth every penny in my book.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM       
I watched Big Trouble in Little China and Suicide Kings yesterday.

Big Trouble shall be bought
SKATASTIC
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:07 PM       
The Orphanage by Guillermo Del Toro. This man really knows how to make a movie.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM       
I've been watching a lot of Bakshi flicks lately.

Holy shit, this guy makes good movies.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM       
Poserrrrr. Seen Fritz the Cat or Cool World yet?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM       
Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time

That movie is probably better if you grew up watching it

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Poserrrrr. Seen Fritz the Cat or Cool World yet?
A rare Fritz the Cat reference. My sister finally burned me my own copy the other day.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM       
I saw Heavy Traffic and Fire and Ice, and I rented LotR ages ago.

Youtube's got Coonskin in 10 parts, but I really wanna see American Pop.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:58 PM       
Heavy Traffic is a lot better.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:08 PM       
didn't he do a animated video for something tom waits did once

edit: n/m it was someone called john lamb, but hey still pretty cool rotoscopey stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNDZY4vXPs

maybe not safe for work? i forget it might have tits in it
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:31 PM       
It's pretty good.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
Flight of the Phoenix.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 11:39 PM       
I saw Charlize Theron in "Monster" the other day, and I was surprised at how good she was. Christina Ricci, on the other hand, annoyed the piss out of me for some reason.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 12:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time

That movie is probably better if you grew up watching it
w/e, it's funny. the meaning of life & the life of brian are funnier though, YOU SHOULD CHECK 'EM OUT!