Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:07 PM        Bill O'Reilly: The Foot-in-Mouth Factor
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Apr15.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Unfunny Factor

By Lloyd Grove
Tuesday, April 15, 2003; Page C03

Maybe Bill O'Reilly should declare a "No-Quip Zone."

Emceeing Saturday night's Best Friends rock-and-roll gala at the Marriott Wardman Park -- which raised $800,000 for the 15-year-old charity benefiting inner-city schoolchildren -- the Fox News Channel star was trying to fill dead air during a lull in the entertainment.

Members of the "Best Men," as the sixth-to-eighth-grade boys in the program are called, were delayed getting onstage to perform a lip-synced rendition of the Four Tops standard "Reach Out (I'll Be There)." O'Reilly ad-libbed: "Does anyone know where the Best Men are? I hope they're not in the parking lot stealing our hubcaps."

Many in the audience -- which included Cabinet secretaries Tommy Thompson, Gale Norton and Mel Martinez, Mayor Tony Williams and business types Fred Malek and Jim Kimsey -- apparently didn't hear about the hubcaps amid the hubbub. A witness spotted attendee Bo Derek's jaw dropping, and yesterday she confirmed that she did hear it, but declined to comment further. Channel 9 anchor Andrea Roane was overheard murmuring: "Unbelievable."

"To say that this conservative audience -- dominated undoubtedly by many of Mr. O'Reilly's biggest fans -- was aghast, is an understatement," one attendee e-mailed us, asking for anonymity. "The well-known Republican politicians and their spouses seated at or near my table were appalled."

Yesterday O'Reilly told us: "This is ridiculous and foolish. No good deed goes unpunished. If you guys want to snipe at me, then snipe at me. This thing raised a lot of money for a good charity. Everybody was happy. I don't want to comment on anything else."

Best Friends founder Elayne Bennett, wife of virtues czar William Bennett, said O'Reilly has donated $60,000 to the program over the past 1 1/2 years, including a $5,000 check he handed over Saturday: "Bill has been wonderful to these boys. He puts his money where his mouth is. He's a New York guy. He was a schoolteacher in the New York City public schools. He loves these kids."

As for O'Reilly's attempt at humor, Bennett told us: "I didn't hear it, but it was absolutely a throwaway line."
________
GANG BANG ORGY

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
So he made a un-PC joke at a benefit he gives boatloads of money to, big whup.

People do it all the time. And the people who are offended just need to get the lump of coal they got stuck up their ass out.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 03:39 PM       
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....hubcaps.....th ats great....oh, man....pure genius
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 05:47 PM       
I'm not offended. I just think it was a pretty boring, easy, stupid joke.

He was donating his time. If he'd gotten paid, then I'd be offended.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:53 PM       
Money is the only measurable scale of charity, I guess.

Maybe if he was a little bit more "charitable," and raised some more money, he would be excused by Vince for making some ****** jokes, or maybe something about watching those pesky Jews around the money collection.

I'll bet that would've gotten a real laugh out of Vince. He don't take none of that "pc" guff.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:57 PM        Hubcap Flap
- It was an add-lib, fuckin' hypocrites!..and him being paid or volunteering isn't relevant either...Fuck the PC Brigade!!!
Mocker
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM       
You're excused from the table.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:10 PM        Hubcap Flap
- Fine then, I'll take my icecream to my room now.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 10:20 AM       
A bit tasteless......... but still seems to be a big deal over nothing.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 10:25 AM       
Shoot me now. I agree with Naldo about something.

Nalds, if you're keeping score, Vince is once again more repugnant than you. He's been working themes of hating welfare recipients and immigrants.

You're much more convincing than he is when you're cold and unfeeling, but Vince blows you away in foaming at the mouth hatred.

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 10:49 AM       
Max, quit lying. It's really pathetic. I never said I hated immigrants or people that were not white or welfare recipients. I hate people who CAN WORK BUT REFUSE TO AND TAKE MY MONEY, MAX! I hate people who REFUSE TO LEARN ENGLISH AND ADAPT TO THE LAWS AND CULTURE OF AMERICA! I have had relationships with people who WEREN'T white, Max? Have you? Care to show why you should be put on a pedastal? Why don't you run for president since you are just so fucking great?

Shouldn't you be dust off some pottery that no one cares to look at while wasting my tax dollars on your useless and non-meaningful job, Max?
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 11:23 AM       
Like most Museums, we recieve very little government support. What grants we do get are all NSF (National Science foundation), they account for a section of our budget smaller than any other income source, and we compete for them with every other educational institution in the country. But hey, I'm seriously sorry we snuck a penny from John Negroponte's tax funded kitchen redecoration. I feel safer with each new fixture. I'm sorry, what was your very manly job again? I imagine I've paid a few more of MY tax dollars over the years, Mr. boo hoo hoo. How come my disliking this president makes me unamerican but your rage at paying American taxes doesn't interfere with what a huge country lovin' guy you are? Have you seen the price tag on not finding Iraqi weapons so far? Do you think we're paying for it with greenstamps?

Can you tell me again about the races of women you've allegedly dated? I just can't get enough of that.

"Care to show why you should be put on a pedastal?"

I'm sorry, in the context of your foaming tirade, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here. I asked you what you knew(beyond your family experience) about what you're talking about. How is that asking to be 'put on a pedestal'? I'm hoping it has a little more detail than the thrilling secret story of how you defended yourself with weapons.

See, Naldo? You haven't had a big, spazzy fit like that in ages. You're just all cold and aloof and heartless these days. It's impressive, but Vince is much more of a show.

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 11:33 AM       
Taxes, in the form we have now, are stealing from you, me and everyone else. I am American for wanting and trying to fix our socalist tax code. We are not a socalist state, so we do not need a tax code that implies we are one.

1%, Max. The cost of the war with Iraq costs us 1% of the GNP. WWII costs us 140%, I believe. This war is being fought on the cheap and was won very easily.

No, Max. Tell me what races you have dated, big Mr. Liberal lover?
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:10 PM       
All the women I've dated are people. Some of them were 'hot', but none of them were 'li'l'. I am completely unconcerned with the ethnic origins of your dates. You have offered up every single one.

Where did you get the %1 of GNP figure?

What is the current percentage of the GNP for Welfare or Foreign aid?

The Tax code, flawed as it is, was arrived at by representatives we elected. It's called Representative Democracy. Simple as that.

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:26 PM       
I know that, Max, and the problem is idiots like you vote in the liberals who vote these stupid tax codes into effect. Also some of the republicans I have voted for in my short time of voting have done the same! But when Bush wants to do some real reform and cut taxes, these morons stop him from trying to improve the economy! Not because they care about the economy, its because they want to keep their people in office! It makes me ill.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
Yeah, well, see, that's the thing about your representative democracy. You have to take the crunchy with the smooth. See, I thought this whole war thing was evil and a huge waste of MY tax dollars, but I didn't get my way.

Now if George W. were, say, a Stalinist Dictator, you'd be getting your way.

I'm sorry, can we go back to where you love America and I don't?

"It makes me ill"

Sure, but does it give you hives?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 03:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
1%, Max. The cost of the war with Iraq costs us 1% of the GNP. WWII costs us 140%, I believe. This war is being fought on the cheap and was won very easily.
Hold off the "check, please" till after dessert, garcon. Unless your idea of the current situation was to pull out of Iraq now and leave those slackers to start earning their living and showing they deserve the democracy you so kind-heartedly bestowed upon them. Which wouldn't really surprise me, I don't expect your attention to last beyond the exploding humvee action.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 03:40 PM       

I felt the need to clarify that I really don't think this is a terribly big deal. Iif it had been Chris Rock making that joke, or maybe even Mel Brooks, it would've gotten huge laughs.

I just liked it because it makes O'Reilly look like a dick, because he is.
________
Lesbian Cam

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
Mocker
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:39 PM       
[quote="VinceZeb"]1%, Max. The cost of the war with Iraq costs us 1% of the GNP. WWII costs us 140%, I believe. This war is being fought on the cheap and was won very easily.[quote]

Max, Vince and I aren't speaking. Could you ask him to provide a source or a chart for this claim, would ya, huh....?
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 09:41 AM       
I did, a few posts ago. Nada from the Sub Mariner. I'd also want to get a figure on the GNP, because the current war bill estimate is 20 Billion, and I wanted to know if our GNP was 20 Billion x 100, but my calcultor doesn't have enough digits.
Mocker
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:40 PM       
Well somebody else needs to ask, I think.