Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 06:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
No. American news outlets had respect for the family's involved.....something you can't comphrehend.

Yeah, but the American news outlets invade the privacy of others all the time. Sorry Ronnie, the fact that the tape was released by the Iraqi government made it news.

Quote:
Give one example where they were cheering and not reporting.

You can't therefore you lose.

You points are weak and unjustified.
Not cheering literally, you ass. Their reporting was completely one sided. There was one interview in the first few days of the war with a guy embedded with a tank squadron/platoon/brigade/whatever that focused more on how much fun it was to drive really fast in a Humvee and how morale was high among the soldiers, rather than what was going on in their surroundings. This was on CNN, and I saw it with my own eyes.

Bottom line, most of the reporters were more concerned with talking about how things were going with the soldiers and themselves ("Uhh... I had to put on a gas mask again today... then we hid in a bunker for a few hours. It was... uh... hot." -- I shit you not, I heard practically those exact words from one reporter) rather than how things were going in Iraq.

EDIT: I won't show any respect to fools who want to sit in the line of fire and film it. I will, however, show a little bit of sympathy for the ones killed by American fire.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 07:50 AM       
"Yeah, but the American news outlets invade the privacy of others all the time. Sorry Ronnie, the fact that the tape was released by the Iraqi government made it news."

So what? They showed parts of the tape that wasn't graphic in nature. Why did you feel the need for them to show that? HAHA! Could it have been because you thought that if the American public would have seen those pics that it would have demanded that we pull out of Iraq thus making Bush and his right wing American administration a failure? It makes sense now.....But no, that would not have been the reaction of the American public.

"Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:49 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronnie Raygun wrote:
No. American news outlets had respect for the family's involved.....something you can't comphrehend.

Yeah, but the American news outlets invade the privacy of others all the time. Sorry Ronnie, the fact that the tape was released by the Iraqi government made it news.

Quote:
Give one example where they were cheering and not reporting.

You can't therefore you lose.

You points are weak and unjustified.

"Not cheering literally, you ass. Their reporting was completely one sided."

Oh! I get it....You don't understand the human aspect. You need to put yourself in their shoes. If you were a reporter embedded with the marines on the front lines you get your info. either from what you're told or from what you see with your own eyes. That's exactly what they did. Also, the reporters are Americans who are being protected by American military in the field. Your whole point is completely STUPID.

"There was one interview in the first few days of the war with a guy embedded with a tank squadron/platoon/brigade/whatever that focused more on how much fun it was to drive really fast in a Humvee and how morale was high among the soldiers, rather than what was going on in their surroundings. This was on CNN, and I saw it with my own eyes."

OHHH! BIG DEAL! What wrong with putting a little human aspect on things. If you watched the news as often as I do you might understand that 99% of the coverage was about "what was going on in their surroundings". I thought it was good when they would take a little time out to let one of the guys say hello to his wife and kids. For all he knew, it might have been the last time. Besides, the morale of the soldiers is important in a war, you idiot.

"Bottom line, most of the reporters were more concerned with talking about how things were going with the soldiers and themselves ("Uhh... I had to put on a gas mask again today... then we hid in a bunker for a few hours. It was... uh... hot." -- I shit you not, I heard practically those exact words from one reporter) rather than how things were going in Iraq."

That's not true, not at all. They did say what their day was like at times because at the time that's probably all their was to report. In a war zone that's probably all you know at times. I think you are just bitter and ignorant to this whole situation.

"EDIT: I won't show any respect to fools who want to sit in the line of fire and film it. I will, however, show a little bit of sympathy for the ones killed by American fire."

Just a little? Why just a little? "Killed by American fire"?

Thankyou Chimp for properly demonstrating the attitude of the Anti-American left. It strenghtens my resolve.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2003, 11:26 AM       

You try to hard, Ronnie.