Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM       
i have been meaning to read that. but i don't order books off the internet, and i haven't seen it at any bookstores in town.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM       
The Mysteries of Pittsburgh... wasn't satisfying. It didn't have a point and meandered about for no reason. The ending was underwhelming and wouldn't have made a difference if it ended fifty pages earlier or later.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM       
Still reading Further Chronicles of Conan and debating Nightwatch or Monster Island.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 06:56 PM       
The Shining was one of the best books that I've ever read :O

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
i have been meaning to read that. but i don't order books off the internet, and i haven't seen it at any bookstores in town.
have you tried a libary
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 10:43 PM       
my local library has two pkd novels and i bet you can guess which two
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:02 PM       
Bookstores often have a way of ordering books. When they need a book, they leave the title on a piece of paper at night and the book gnomes get to work on it as soon as possible. Sometimes it takes a week though.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM       
i only go to used bookstores, in fact i only get books at bookmans it is the single best book store ever.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM       
Asimov's Guide to the Bible
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
i only go to used bookstores, in fact i only get books at bookmans it is the single best book store ever.
obviously not if you can't find the books you want there
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 01:38 AM       
yeah how dare a store only stock 43 of pkd's 44 novels
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 10:47 AM       
what kind of faggits is they?
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM       
obviously pretty large ones
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 04:32 PM       
I just started getting into The Walking Dead. On Book 2. I like it so far. Depending on the pace, I can see it continuing to be good.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Kwisatz Haderach
Muadi'ib is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 10:36 PM       
Right now I'm browsing between Doctor Who books, House of Mystery and I just started reading Hellblazer.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 12:54 AM       
Essential Bill Hicks: Love All the People
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 04:46 AM       
My favorite thing about VALIS besides all the HILARITY is when he talks about gnosticism and philosophy. its awesome ;o
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM       
ordering books online is the bees knees! just order more than one ;o
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM       
Finished another chapter in Don Quixote. I blame the internet for me progressing through at a snails pace.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
Atlas shrugged, not as boring as I thought it would be but I've made it half way through and I don't think I'll finish it, I don't see any reason to. I think I got the gist of what Ayn Rand was all about. For her, people came in only two varieties; herculean heroes of industry and horrible parasites. I'd say more about the book but right now I've got to go pick up my unemployment check and not pay my income taxes.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM       
Sounds like you should be reading Steinbeck.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 07:15 PM       
DEATHTRAP DUNGEON
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadao
Sounds like you should be reading Steinbeck.
I guess Steinbeck's view would be the opposite of Ayn Rand's then? Mind you I didn't stop reading Atlas Shrugged because the political message bothered me. The book is just to damn long and all though Ayn Rand has a real flare for writing parasitic characters her titans of industry are dull as hell and practically interchangeable. They go off on this pedantic rants about the need to be selfish and then there all chummy and knightly with other industry men, doing each other solids with only the knowledge there helping their bros out seems like a bit of a contradiction. They mostly speak in monologues too which isn't very natural. I did like the one where Dagny propounds point by point why she wants to be Henry's dirty, dirty concubine. Ayn Rand was pretty hardcore.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 07:32 PM       
Finished Frankenstein today, starting a book that contains all of Edgar Allan Poe's short stories next
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
I guess Steinbeck's view would be the opposite of Ayn Rand's then?
I meant it towards your current situation of being out of work and the government wants some money from you. He wrote a lot about the depression era. It would by no means ease your pain or inspire you though. It would be like buying an emo new razors.