Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM       
How did you like 1001 nights?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM       
I'm only on part three so far. Don't really remember which night that is because there are so many stories inside stories inside other stories around other stories relating to other stories.

I have a bad habit of starting books without finishing them.

Books I have started that need finshing:

The two towers
Carl jung's Man and his symbols
1001 nights
that new dragonlance book
how to speak spanish(possibly te toca a ti)
Becoming a category of one.

Going on vacation next month, maybe I'll finish up one of them at the beach.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM       
Becoming a category of one?

That title sounds dreadful.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM       
It really was. It was some book from my work they wanted everyone to read.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:57 PM       
1001 Nights is hilarious. It's the ultimate frame story.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM       
The Myth of Sisyphus.

Only just started but I might wait until the end until I end my life.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM       
by camus? :O
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:31 AM       
Oui.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM       
'Bout done with Blood of the Fold, moving on to Temple of the Winds soon. Terry Goodkind has some good stuff out if you're into fantasy.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 04:18 PM       
The series really gets good with Faith of the Fallen. Just make sure you have it handy when you finish Soul of the Fire because the ending of Soul kind of pisses you off. I read them as they came out on hardback and when I got to the end of SotF I was like, "That's it? You're ending the book like that? I am pissed!"

Oh and book 7 (Pillars of Creation) goes off on a huge tangent but the story gets back on track in book 8

Last edited by Pentegarn : Jul 4th, 2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: grammar
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:50 AM       
oh shit, i forgot there was a thread like this

East of Eden
Log from the Sea of Cortez (again)
As I Lay Dying
Cabal (again)

and i just finished Cannery Row, Tortilla Flat, and The Pearl (all again), as well as Books of Blood (complete), King's Danse Macabre, Supernatural Horror in Literature and Shadowland... still not sure why Peter Straub is a big deal. Maybe if i finally read Ghost Story
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:01 AM       
I'm reading Jennifer Government, A Clash of Kings, Guards! Guards!, and Player's Piano right now. I just bought Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:11 AM       
guards! guards! is fucking hilarious, how is american gods so far? I've never given two tin shits about gaiman, but i've heard good things about that one from some very smart people
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post

East of Eden
As I Lay Dying
Cabal (again)

and i just finished Cannery Row, Tortilla Flat, and The Pearl (all again), as well as Books of Blood (complete), King's Danse Macabre, Supernatural Horror in Literature and Shadowland... still not sure why Peter Straub is a big deal. Maybe if i finally read Ghost Story
You gonna go t Monterey soon or something?
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM       
Quote:
guards! guards! is fucking hilarious, how is american gods so far? I've never given two tin shits about gaiman, but i've heard good things about that one from some very smart people
I don't know mang, I just bought it But I'm a very smart person as well so I let you know the good things when I get to it.

And Guards! Guards! is amazing. I'm reading the series in chronological order so I had been looking forward to this one

wizbenny is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:19 PM       
Both American Gods and its sequel (of sorts) are quite good. Not as good as Good Omens.

Pretty much the entire Pratchett library is good. "The Nation" was a bit boring, but readable. It wasn't standard fare for Pratchett, so that may have lessened my enjoyment.

Before American Gods I was with you on Gaiman. I had tried Sandman a few times and found it to be boring as hell. Then went back and picked up some of his other works and found that it's his COMICS writing that I don't care for. He was made for novels.
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:27 PM       
Good Omens is a fantastic book, otherwise I wouldn't know who the fuck Gaiman even is. Neverwhere looked interesting too but I was too poor to buy both

Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 10:31 PM       
I always buy my books used off of Amazon or Half.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 05:17 AM       
I'm about to read The Faggiest Vampire as soon as it gets here.
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 08:35 AM       
Ha. Had to look up if that's real. Looks like it is. Along with the author's other works: The Baby Jesus Butt Plug, Rampaging Fuckers of Everything on the Crazy Shitting Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere and Satan Burger
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 12:21 AM       
Quote:

East of Eden
As I Lay Dying
Cabal (again)

Me ma just read Tortilla Flat and she said it was really good. How's East of Eden?
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 01:17 AM       
all of steinbeck is good. critics generally have serious issues with it, because they're cocksuckers. it's not as good or well-constructed as grapes of wrath so far, that's true, but it IS a great american novel, just as Steinbeck's a great American author.
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 01:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
You gonna go t Monterey soon or something?
dude, everyone on these forums knows that I'm practically gay for John Steinbeck
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 01:23 AM       
which is why it's particularly embarrassing that I've never read east of eden before
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 05:44 PM       
THERES A HORRIBLE MUSEUM IN MONTEREY DEDICATED TO JOHN STEINBECK

THE GRAPES OF WRATH WAS WRITTEN ABOUT BAKerSFiELD WHICH IS WHERE I LIVE RIGHT NOW :O HIS book WAS BANNED HERE FOR A LONG TIME