Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM       
Ever read Roadside Picnic, Zhukov?
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM       
Just finished "Nigh Omnipotent" by A. Lee Martinez. It was okay. Kind of a mediocre book really. He's done much better than this. 2/5.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Ever read Roadside Picnic, Zhukov?
No, but I will if you recommend it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 09:43 AM       
It was what the film Stalker and those STALKER games were based on.

I always loved the idea of Pripyat as an artificial, alien place, so I dug into it. I've not read it in a while, so I can't remember how dense it was. I remember enjoying it a bit, though. I think there's a PDF on Google Books of the entire thing.
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM       
Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub, sequel to the Talisman. Good read, but King gets rambly.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM       
I hated Black House.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM       
The little match girl by Hans Anderson
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 10:52 PM       
I'm reading Stranger in a Strange Land again. One of my favorite books. Also, I really didn't like the end of Black House. It was just...a dumb ending.
Im one good looking Troll
monster_movie_night is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:33 PM       
just started reading a manga called bio meat:nectar
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM       
Dune! Where have you been all my life.

Has anyone here got an opinion on Brian Herbert's continuation of the series? I'm on Children of Dune and I can see his books waiting in the distance, making me nervous. What are they like?
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 01:57 AM       
CTHULHU the Mythos and Kindred Horrors written by Robert Howard. These stories are pretty cool, considering that they are Cthulhu stories written by the creator of Conan.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 03:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post

Has anyone here got an opinion on Brian Herbert's continuation of the series? I'm on Children of Dune and I can see his books waiting in the distance, making me nervous. What are they like?
Can't help you but I've been meaning to get into the Dune series. Haven't found the first one around, so I've put it off.

I just finished Starship Troopers, which was good, and amazing when you consider when it was written. I read it entirely while lying on grass in the sun.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post

My friend has read through them and said the continuation ones are pretty good too. Worth reading at least.
wizbenny is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 11:19 PM       
Currently reading the latest "Wheel of Time."

I didn't say this about the last one because I had no way of knowing how much Robert Jordan had written before he passed... but now I must say that the editors did choose a fairly good replacement. He has the tone, voice and pacing of Robert Jordan down.

Unfortunately... he has the PACING of Robert Jordan down...

Seriously... could they beat the same dead horses over and over and over again in this series? And I swear that it seems halfway through the series they got bored with the lead character and just gave up on him. It's the only series I've ever seen where the protagonist starts becoming a MINOR character! He's a set piece.

At least with the George Martin "Songs of Ice and Fire" series it was ALWAYS an ensemble narrative.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM       
Think my brother is reading that.

Das Krapital just arrived in the mail. It's a skid-marxist leviathan.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 02:13 AM       
A Confederacy Of Dunces
It's weird to imagine socially awkward manchildren before the internet, but apparently they existed
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 09:05 AM       
Hell's Angels by Thompson.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 02:04 AM       
Finished Ham on Rye. Bukowski is more depressing than I'd originally thought.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 03:37 AM       
what is roadside picnic about? does the movie follow it pretty closely?

cause ive watched the STALKER movie and im not sure what to think about what happened but i usually end up falling asleep when i watch it
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 08:43 AM       
It seems every second thing out of Russia is a post apocalyptic nightmare. There must be three different STALKER settings at least.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM       
Russia's not really a happy place.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM       
so nothing about roadside picnic/ stalker the movie?

Spoilers!
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 06:55 PM       
Finished the last Frank Herbert Dune novel which, hilariously, is the only book in the series to end in a cliffhanger. I then tried one of his son's continuations of the series Hunters of Dune. I've been worried about these continuations chiefly because the appeal of Dune isn't really the cast or the world they in habit but how Frank tells the story. I worried another writer might miss this and I was right to worry. Also Brian and his friend Kevin are terrible writers. No offense to 10,000 Volt Ghost's friend but this shit is garbage.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:58 AM       
I'm finally reading Ender's Game, and I'm about a third of the way through. I like it so far, but it's not the amazing piece of literature I expected, at least not yet of course. The whole "smug little supergenius who is better than everyone at everything" thing is a bit annoying, especially since I have a few buddies who actually believe that they're Ender in real life.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 04:14 AM       
just finished game-players of titan (p.k. dick)

not recommended for paranoids