Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM       
There's this 15 year-old whore who lives in my neighborhood who I constantly see at raves and at the park; she's been smoking menthols compulsively even since BEFORE they banned cloves. I consider it safe to say this bill probably hasn't affected shit.
Also, it's pretty bad when a 15 year-old girl has the same cough as a 60 year-old waitress at a truck stop.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_rob View Post
I know what your saying Tadao and I do agree that the flavors and colors is an attempt to draw them in which should be discouraged.

However, was the colors or flavors what drew you to smoking? When you was a kid, did Joe Camel really sell smoking to you?

I just find it shitty that a legal aged smoker has to forgo his/her own preference, especially when the kids have always been an issue to deal with.
I actually knew the dangers of smoking. I watched my grandpa die because of it. The reason I started smoking was pretty morbid. I wanted to make sure I never grew too old. Getting addicted to cigarettes would help me.

At some point you have to weigh what is more important. Other peoples pleasure or other peoples health. If the fucking tabbacoo industry wern't going after kids (and yes they are) then we wouldn't even have this discussion right now. I hold big tobacco to blame for all my smoking woes.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:49 PM       
Yeah, I watched my Grandmother die from lung cancer when I was in the 6th grade. It was a hard dose of reality.

Of course the tobacco industry is going after kids, after all they need customers when the old ones die or quit. However, has any method to discourage smoking ever really helped on a large scale? Cigarettes are what 5$ (give or take) a pack, there is warnings all over them, not allowed to advertise on TV anymore, smoking is only allowed in sanctioned areas, every person in the world telling the dangers of smoking, etc, etc.

The only real way to prevent children from smoking is making it illegal (and even then, there will be a few who slip through). And I seriously doubt that will ever happen. The tobacco industry (with lots of money to bribe) and the big evil guv'ment (I mean, they get a lot of tax money from it) would most likely look over the welfare of others for their own gain.

In the end, stopping one way of reaching the children is great, but in the end... who's going to stop them when it's legal for them to smoke?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:01 AM       
Like I said, the industry has made it really hard on smokers because of their shady practices. I couldn't even buy my favorite smokes at one point, all because some person won a lawsuit against the industry because they got cancer. Even though they knew it was a risk. Well Drum Tobacco pulled all their product and I had to find something else to smoke. But hey, I got over it. I'm sure Chojin will do just fine. I'm cool with this decision. And yes, I do think it will actually make a small dent in underage smoking. Even though I know my cigarette butt won't polute the earth much, I still won't leave it in the street, I'll carry it to a can. Same thing going on here for me and the kids. It wont change a lot, but a small positive change means a lot to me nowadays.
the axe and the smasher
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:05 AM       
Yeah dude, I totally understand small positive changes.

In the end, if it does help, it's worth it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:06 AM       
Now, let's talk about the NRA
the axe and the smasher
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:08 AM       
As somebody who once drunkenly pulled out a gun mode Megatron in a crowded food court, somebody please get guns under control :P
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:21 AM       
they sell strawberry flavored ones at the school cafeteria i don't smoke so i dunno if they taste good
thesse

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 04:55 AM       
i stopped reading after cancer, but i hate cloves and i dont think most people could smoke a lot of those and flavored cigarettes are alright i guess ;/
Forum Virgin
Reebi Phoebe is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM       

My mind's been warped...so confused.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM       
I remember that old chaw commercial with Walt Garrison (Just a peeeanch in-between yer cheek 'n' gum) describing how great it was to enjoy all the nicotine, without the ugliness of "smoking". The end was a listing of their brands: 'Skoal,' 'Copenhagen' and "fer you young'uns jest startin' out, mild 'Happy Days' mint."

Yeah, they never targeted children. That would have been wrong.
You may already be there.
Forum Virgin
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM       
I tried smoking cigarettes for about 2 weeks once. I stopped after my second pack cuz they were so goddamn expensive. If life is so poopy, shouldn't I be investing my money in something that'll actually make me enjoy life a little more...y'know...instead of investing in an untimely death. But then again, I am still young and youthful, so no wonder I still have a positive outlook on life.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 12:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebi Phoebe View Post
But then again, I am still young and youthful, so no wonder I still have a positive outlook on life.
Says the guy with a steaming pile for an avatar.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
And the wonderfully optimistic sig.
You may already be there.
Forum Virgin
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos

And the wonderfully optimistic sig.
Damn...you guys are right. Now i'm feeling all pessimistic again.
Where are my ciggs?
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM       
Why ban flavored cigarettes and not flavored alcoholic drinks? It's the same reasoning, kids like it more.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM       
I agree, wine coolers are tools of a pedo.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM       
Don't take away wine coolers, that is Tadao's number one tool of the trade.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM       
I prefer GHB
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM       
WELL WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO HIDE THE GHB IN IF YOU DON'T HAVE WINE COOLERS?

A FUCKING HI-C ORANGE?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM       
Whatever teen boys are drinking nowadays.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
i tore through my last pack of cloves last night :<

however my throat will probably thank me by tomorrow

waking up with my mouth tasting like greased dick isn't too pleasant, either
the axe and the smasher
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 09:34 PM       
Ban wine coolers, fine. But please save MD 20 20, Cisco, and Boones Farm.

I need those.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 11:09 PM       
Don't forget the Manischewitz and Mogen David for pure sugar content. Those go down so easily you're dropping by your secondy-fifth glass.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 12:09 AM       
I don't know about all this tl;dr business, but I can't resist the wonderful gimmick that is a camel crush cigarette