Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM        Now I understand how people are found dead of heart attacks in their bathrooms...
Elvis, explained!

I was in there and felt what I thought was a lock of hair falling out of my barrette. This happens fairly often, so I didn't think anything of it and reached up to brush the hair aside. But there was no hair there. Just as I was thinking "that's odd" and feeling for what was amiss in my hair, a giant wolf spider crawled out of it. I saw a large gray spider-blob out of the corner of my eye as it dropped down onto my face and managed to scurry down my cheek and jaw before I gathered the presence of mind to bat it to my shirt and then the floor.

I'm not ashamed to say I screamed. I think many in my situation would have.
And I really, really hate wolf spiders.

I don't think I have to tell you how hideous the thought of a spider sitting in my hair for I-don't-know-how-long was. I have no idea how it got there...we've had lots of spiders in the garage, but not in the house. I had just come from a long walk with my dog and had just bathed her. Wolf spiders don't usually descend from ceilings or jump, so I'm thinking maybe he (he had the boy-wolf-spider "boxing gloves", saw 'em up close) was in the shower curtain and transferred to my hair that way. Then I carried him up there for another half hour or so, who's counting.

The worst part- he got away behind a shelving unit. That means he's still in there somewhere

Now I pretty much constantly feel like I have spiders in my hair.

*Yes, medical types, I know why people are REALLY found dead of heart attacks in their bathrooms, thank you, I was being facetious.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:24 PM       
bit*h it's called shampoo, use it
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM       
aren't you clever.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 12:29 PM       
no
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM       
At least it didn't come up through the toilet...
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM       
I love bathroom stories from Kitsa!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 02:18 PM       
Rape?
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM       
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/A_RAPE_SPIDER
Not really safe for work though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 02:38 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
The spider raped my hair
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM       
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM       
it's just a wolf spider. i don't see what the big deal is.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM       
I once lived in a house with a wolf spider infestation. Otherwise, it is no big deal. And if they stay off me personally, I'm fine with them. I have a capture-and-relocate policy in the house.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM       
Not me, I squish em. We have too many.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM       
i worked at a timeshare resort as a maintenance man i got a call at 9:55 pm, five minutes before i got off, and the lady is absolutely hysterical, screaming that their were deadly spiders all over her room, and to bring raid. I brought a broom a dustpan and a jar and found 2 or 3 wolf spiders, she kept yelling KILL THEM THEY ARE DEADLY SPIDERS, i tried to explain that they were just wolf spiders but she screamed constantly as i proceeded to catch them all and when i went to put them out side she started yelling at me that they were going to come back into her room and kill her so i promised that i was going to take them very far away before i let them go. As soon as she closed the door i let them go right on the door step and went home.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM       
One day I was landscaping my new home in Northern Cali when I came across a very scary bug. I didn't know what it was so I carefully put it in a jar with dirt and a few leaves and some air holes and then took it to work the next day. One employee freaked the fuck out and wanted me to kill it right away. It was a Jerusalem Cricket and he was deathly afraid of them as a kid. Completely harmless but fucking evil looking.

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
my grandpa told me that jersulem crickets were called "babes of the earth" and were deadly poisonous.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM       
They're just potato bugs, aren't they?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM       
I think so Kitsa, but they aren't deadly Biggy, look it up. He was just being a great grandpa!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
I think they eat roots and tubars.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM       
When I was a kid I squished a spider and all it's baby spiders came scuttling from beneath my foot and spooked me.

Also, I was fortunate enough to experience the birthing of a brood of cicadas in Tennessee. Harmless, but annoying as hell. They're like a swarm of locusts, and their shed husks pile up all over the place.
☆☆☆☆☆
two birds with one stone

http://www.sdnhm.org/fieldguide/inverts/sten-fus.html
Nona F. Mecklenburg
yeah i know, but i still can't touch any crickets without having an icky feeling run up my spine. THANKS ALOT GRANPA

edit: niña de la tierra
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM       
I ran into a yellow sac spider in the garage the other day and I didn't like that one bit. He very nearly got terminated instead of relocated but the little Steve Irwin angel sitting on my shoulder stopped me.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 06:22 PM       
aren't those the same things as hobo spiders?