Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 03:54 AM       
Quake 4 was an awesome game, really underrated in my opinion, as is the most recent Wolfenstein-Game.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM       
i'm playing yakuza 4 damn i love punching random fools in this game

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
drifting in the void
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 04:19 AM       
Been playing Kingdoms of Amalur for about 8hrs yesterday. That should say something about how much I like it I guess

It´s just a lot of fun fighting stuff with DECENT animations for once, not that lazy "I swat my daggers right through you like you´re some kind of Ghost...also, I´m swinging a Dagger instead of thrusting with it, I´m the greatest thief in existence!"...
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM       
I'm playing Oblivion now because I've always wanted to know what it was that occupied my sophomore college roommate so much that he had to drop out.

I'm bored and I don't know what the hell I'm doing I'm bad at video games

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM       
And there's so much stuff to accidentally steal. There's just so much shit lying everywhere that I can't talk to a store owner without accidentally grabbing a fucking apple on the counter and ending up back at the jail.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM       
haha

imagining that as a real person made me laugh pretty hard
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:50 PM       
Been playing the first two Advance Wars games on my iPhone at work. Second one made me ragequit a few times. Not sure if I'm gonna play Dual Strike; I tried it once and remembered all balance went out the fucking window in that game.

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 05:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
haha

imagining that as a real person made me laugh pretty hard
It's like going into a 7-11 where wildly swinging your sword all over the place is fine but once you try to pick up a bag of Cheetos some asshole in a helmet gets all up in your shit.

And then they will just fucking POP UP out of nowhere. I'm in the basement of some rich dude, who was initially perfectly friendly about the city's finest Light Armor retailer and didn't seem to care about the fact that I picked the lock of his front door at 3:30am. And I'll be ransacking the place for TIN CUPS and CALIPERS when all of a sudden I hear "HALT!" and now I have to unfairly return 150 feather icons worth of useless trash I stole from six other rich homes.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Quake 4 was an awesome game, really underrated in my opinion, as is the most recent Wolfenstein-Game.
don't you get court marshaled or something in germany if you play wolfenstein
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM       
They just have frowns instead of swastikas.
drifting in the void
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 08:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
don't you get court marshaled or something in germany if you play wolfenstein
Nah, you´re not allowed to sell or buy the game but I think there´s no law against possessing it. Even if there was, what do I care.

Funny thing is, the guy that sold it to me had it sitting on his shelf right in the open, he can still get in serious trouble for that :D

And there isn´t even a censored german version of the game, cause as the legend goes, they made one, but somehow one or two swastikas slipped through QA or maybe even the USK (our Pegi/ESRB) and there it was, the half-censored version and it had to be pulled from all shops and they never bothered to make another attempt at it.

There´s a lot of games that share Wolfenstein´s status. Condemned 2 and The Darkness too I think. Fuck, DOOM was just taken off our index last year, go figure

Same old story. Tits yay, Violence nay.

Anyway, I took a brief break from the awesome Amalur to play through The Darkness 2 (which again has been censored for our beautiful Lollypopcountry so now there´s no dismemberments, no ragdoll and again the Darkness eats souls insteas of hearts. But of course, no one in their right mind would buy that, so we all get the austrian version) which is supposed to be extremely short, about 4-5 hours.
On one hand, it´s a shame, on the other the gameplay is not diverse enough for much more, same as with any shooter really. But the time you do spend with the game is a lot of fun, using the different Darkness-abilities and stuff like that. Oh and Jackie has apparently learned how to reload a gun, so we have that
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Same old story. Tits yay, Violence nay.
That is the polar opposite of how America handles censorship. Honestly most Americans think your way would probably be better here.
drifting in the void
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 04:45 AM       
Well, when I think about it...which of the two is more dangerous for children? Sex or Violence...it´s not like there´s tits on every corner here, I just think we Europeans in general deal with that specific topic in a more...healthy or natural way than the US, just my observation. Violence on the other hand...well, I guess that´s still because of the wars back then...

Anyway, on to happier thoughts. Finished Darkness 2 yesterday after about 7 or 8 hours I would say. Short but sweet game, a perfect rental title if you ask me.
Also, hour 20 has passend in Kingdoms of Amalur and I´m still loving it. It DOES feel like a SP MMO every now and then though, kind of like you´re the only one on a live server...but that´s okay with me, there´s more than enough to do there, everyone and their granny has a quest for you.
And after I tried being a magical Rogue for a while, I respecced back to pure Rogue, it´s just more fun that way since I don´t need spells for anything anyway, I either shoot everyone with my bow or stab them into next week with my daggers. And I finally found a better chestpiece, the old one looked really stupid...
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM       
Played through AC: Revelations. I did like ACII a lot, but if I wasn't getting these games for cheap, I think I'd have dumped the series by now.

I'll just go ahead and restate the obvious: they're just applying minor changes in the game that really don't enhance the gameplay at all, and at times seem to have just the opposite effect. I can honestly say, for example, that I never thought to myself, "Assassin's Creed is fun, but you know what it really needs: a tower defense mini-game!"

I'm mainly in because I'm curious to see how they're going to wrap up that framing device where Mr. Bland in the future is supposed to be doing stuff when he's not in the VR machine watching his ancestor gouge people's faces with a giant meat hook. They give you a little more at the end of this one, but the more they expand, the weaker and more strained the plot becomes.

Spoilers!

Oh, and when a couple of assassins are kidnapped, Ezio tells his team that they cannot negotiate with kidnappers. Then, when his girlfriend is kidnapped a few hours later, he can't cave to the kidnapper's demands fast enough. I guess being a hypocrite is supposed to be covered by his "nothing is true, everything is permitted" creed.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM       
i tried that kingdom of amular gme and i can't get over how big my characters ass is
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM       
Since the sequel is in the making, I finally decided to see what Psychonauts is all about. I feel like an idiot for not picking this up years ago. Pretty much a perfect platformer/adventure. And even manages to be funny.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i tried that kingdom of amular gme and i can't get over how big my characters ass is
male or female. this is important.
BANNED

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM       
female

but its stll too big. Like my characters face is all elfish looking and the ass looks all dwarven

it aint right

these are like 55 inch hips we're talking about here
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 05:28 PM       
Is there a slider for it? Sometimes there's a slider.
BANNED

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM       
nah

i took the clothes off my character though out of curiousity and she looks normal/her ass is fabulous but her face looks little on her body and the shoulders are so huge
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM       
hey by any chance anyone knows where i can get a ps3 game case? i need it cause i got the batman collectors edition and the game is inside the artbook and i don't want to keep the art book on the game drawer

Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM       
Do you have a GameStop or equivalent nearby? They may be willing to sell/give you an empty case. Otherwise I think you can order them from Sony if you want to have an official case.

Alternative: Buy a cheapo outdated sports title and toss the artwork and keep the box.
taco loving zombie
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM       
i'm gonna go with the cheap sports game cause i tried the other option with no results

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 10:36 PM       
Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Original-...9363272&sr=8-5

Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PlayStatio...item2ebb72738f

There's more examples on those two sites if you don't like the ones in the links.

taco loving zombie
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:13 AM       
they are good offers but the shipping costs make the crappy sports game a cheaper alternative but thanks