Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 08:19 PM       
Haha, i've never seen all of T1 or any of T2, so the movie was fuckin' awesome for me. :P

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 08:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Wow. She rode a motorcycle for 2 minutes. That sequence still looked like a cartoon. It is a shame, because I think the first one is great, and that sequel fell well short.
Two minutes (it was longer than two minutes, but I digress) weaving in and out off traffic as well as oncoming traffic with a lot of narrow misses. You make it, albeit ignorantly, sound like she just drove down a deserted street. But I guess anyone can drive a motorcycle like that, right?

Wow, they used a lot of CG in the movie? I guess they should blow up a power plant for real, right? Or perhaps they should build actual working sentinels or ships; maybe even put people on top of moving rigs and have a fight, too. There was a lot of CG in the first one, too. Let me make this clear for you:

INSIDE MATRIX IT IS A COMPUTER WORLD. SO THE RULES OF THE REAL WORLD DO NOT APPLY. THEREFORE, CG MUST BE USED TO CONVEY THE IDEA.

Was this something you completely missed?

So, how did it look like a cartoon?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Haha, i've never seen all of T1 or any of T2
From now on, you have no opinion.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 11:18 PM       
You still don't have enough opinion to invalidate anyone's opinion, Zomboid.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob3
You still don't have enough opinion to invalidate anyone's opinion, Zomboid.
Well then I guess I'd better make a bunch of threads dedicated to blackflag...or I can tell everyone how I'm feeling. Does that still work?

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 12:55 PM       
Quote:
Two minutes (it was longer than two minutes, but I digress) weaving in and out off traffic as well as oncoming traffic with a lot of narrow misses. You make it, albeit ignorantly, sound like she just drove down a deserted street. But I guess anyone can drive a motorcycle like that, right?
Oh, I was unaware she rode down Highway 101 during rush hour. I was put under the impression it was a closed set with model and cgi cars and backgrounds. I'm sure you are right and she was doing all that stuff for real.

Quote:
Wow, they used a lot of CG in the movie?
They used too much. It was a crutch. The first one looked better because they knew how to use it in moderation.

Quote:
I guess they should blow up a power plant for real, right?
I don't have too much of a problem when the powerplant blew up.

Quote:
Or perhaps they should build actual working sentinels or ships;
Or build models and animatronics.

Quote:
maybe even put people on top of moving rigs and have a fight, too.
they did it before cgi. And it looked good.

Quote:
There was a lot of CG in the first one, too.
But, it was done properly.

Quote:
INSIDE MATRIX IT IS A COMPUTER WORLD. SO THE RULES OF THE REAL WORLD DO NOT APPLY. THEREFORE, CG MUST BE USED TO CONVEY THE IDEA.
Not entirly. The first one used a moderate amount of cgi, mixed with old fashioned hollywood effects (wires etc) and camera tricks. It look brilliant.

that scene in the first one in the lobby with the guards: wires and high speed film with squibs in the walls. The cgi didn't happen until the explosion. That looked 10x better than the chase scene in Reloaded.

Quote:
So, how did it look like a cartoon?

When they relied on cgi when there was no need for it.

Lets talk about the scene that really pissed me off, Neo flying.

In the first one, flying represented the fact that Neo was beyond the rules of the matrix. In Reloaded, it was a cool way to get around. Not to mention, instead fo Keanu Reeves in a harness with wires, they went with some very shoddy looking cgi. Why the downgrade? Why did Neo go from the One who understood the Matrix and was above its rules, to a whining little bitch who didn't know the first thing about who or what he was.

there was no difference between Neo and Morpheus, except Neo could get around on his own.

I'm not even going to touch Neo vs Smith.

If I want to watch a movie with a bunch of animated charecters with the occasional human droning on, I'llwatch "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
And I still think having Skynet as a global network is a stupid idea. In T1 Reese mentions "Their Defence Grid was smashed" implying a central computer. And T2 "In a panic, they try to pull the plug."
My understanding of that was that originally, Skynet actually DID have a central core computer, but after the events of Terminator 2, history changed due to the inevitability of Judgement Day.

The way I comprehend it, once you have killer cyborgs coming back in time from the future, then you are pretty much LOCKED into that particular timeline. Despite all the potential possible futures out there, once cyborgs started coming back into our timeline, then our timeline became locked into a future course where the events that allowed those cyborgs to come back in the first place were destined to happen. Otherwise, you have a gigantic paradox on your hands.

I liked that the movie was trying to say that once you know your future, there is no escape from it. After Cyberdine systems was destroyed in T2, the timeline had to "adapt" to make way for the necessary future and protect its own stability.

That's how I see it, anyway. Time travel shit is always going to be confusing since it's all still theoretical conjecture anyway.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 01:37 PM       
El Blanco, you're an idiot. That freeway chase scene was with real cars and only used CGI when it was absolutely neccessary. Those were all real cars in most cases, i.e. the bike ride. It was a 2.5 km. long set built especially for the movie and those cars were real.

So, yeah, it's damn hard to do that scene with real people.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
first of all i think you should make a new thread if all your gonna do in the T3 thread is knock or praise the Matrix. secondarily the first matrix was far superior in integrating the realism of the fighting and such, the second used the same type of CG that was used in the first episode of the animatrix which makes it look entirely unreal. but the development of neo's character is important to making him special from the rest of his predicesors, so he really has to be a whiny bitch to build the story.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 02:45 PM       
Ahh, good thinking Proto. The whole timetravel thing has always been a paradox - kind of a chicken and egg scenario. I don't want to keep bouncing this network idea around beacuse it's clear opinion is cery divided on this. And besides, the idea sucks.

Ok, all I saw of T-X escaping was a one second closeup of a small saw hacking through the magnetic core. That's it. Did she get Arnie to help her or something? I suppose I may have seen a different cut to the offical stateside release, but only time will tell.

Right, the last Matrix point, to end all Matrix points. Trinty rode that Ducatti ON AN EMPTY ROAD, a purpose built freeway set in the desert. When riding against the traffic they just CGI'd the oncomng cars. So there. Please stop talking about The Matrix