Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 10:06 AM        28 Days Later
There's yet another zombie movie coming out this summer, and I've read some of the reviews saying that 28 Days Later is the best zombie movie ever made.

Mockery, you may want to reconsider on making a zombie movie otherwise people are going to say, "Oh, great, just what we need, another zombie movie."

But do what you want, don't let little people like me come a-crushin' your dream.
wreckreation is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 11:15 AM       
It sure looks awesome!!!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 01:13 PM        Re: 28 Days Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
Mockery, you may want to reconsider on making a zombie movie otherwise people are going to say, "Oh, great, just what we need, another zombie movie."

But do what you want, don't let little people like me come a-crushin' your dream.
I don't think an indie film like mine, which would really have nothing to do with any other zombie movie ever made, would have to worry about huge releases like 28 Days Later. Total different league were talking about here man...

Anyway, I've been waiting for this movie to come out for a while. It looks really interesting. And since the director of Trainspotting did it, I'm sure it won't be a let-down.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 02:08 PM       
Only thing I don't like is that it probably won't be in my shitty theatre

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 05:59 PM       
there is a sneak preview tomorrow. i am so there. it says to wear red. I saw the first 6 minutes of the movie. it's online.
macgruder is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 04:46 PM       
I had to download it from the net cause I'll be on vacation when it comes out, and I really wanted to see it. Ive watched 45 minutes of it and so far its pretty damn cool. The empty London scenes are my favorite so far.

I will see it in theaters after I get back though to give it its prpoer respect of viewing.
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 03:44 AM       
aw man. it's good. very entertaining. very good tempo.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 03:05 PM       
I like the Omega Man aspect of it.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 02:08 PM        Re: 28 Days Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
I don't think an indie film like mine, which would really have nothing to do with any other zombie movie ever made, would have to worry about huge releases like 28 Days Later. Total different league were talking about here man...
And I hope someday I'll get to see a poster of your movie hanging around in Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA where there is a Sundance theater for indie films only. I don't mind zombie movies, but the common plot of humans coming back from the dead as zombies and infecting others is getting pretty tiring.
Thulsa Doom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 10:54 PM       
Actually, I saw 28 Days Later 2 months ago through Kazaa. I won't spoil anything, but it isn't the greatest zombie film ever made. It's a good film, but not what it's hyped up to be. I do recommend seeing it though.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:32 AM       
"Actually", an opinion isn't a fact and your opinion is shit anyways. It's a NEW zombie movie so don't expect old shit. It has many themes. AND IS 10 TIMES BETTER ON THE SCREEN DUE TO FILM STYLE.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:04 AM       
Actually, Thulsa Doom is very, very stupid.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 06:18 AM       
28 days later is ok....its really nicely shot, and the fact that they managed to get the streets of central London deserted is really cool, but the script and the acting for the most part are fucking terrible.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:59 PM       
I've had 28 days later on DVD for a few weeks now, and to be honest, it's not as good as I hoped it would be. It's a refreshing take on the genre though, and to say it's bad because it's not 'old skool' would be very naive. I'd recommend "Dog Soldiers" next, for those who haven't caught that yet.
Mocker
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:15 AM       
Dog Soldiers is truly awful, but entertaining for the whole 'I am carrying my expsoed guts around with me for the whole movie' thing Sean Pertwee does.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 10:35 AM       
Hi, Dole
Mocker
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 10:55 AM       
Ullo maaaaate
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 09:53 AM       
I fucking loved it. It was definitely one of the best zombie films I've ever seen, and the soundtrack was AWESOME.

pissed off salesman is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 10:51 AM       
I've been working on a chainsaw massacre parody recently. Its called: "The south carolina chainsaw thingy"
Ooner is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 05:48 PM       
I expected it to be pretty good, but it turned out to be ridiculously great.

Amazing. And even if you only like shitty movies, it still has enough zombies and blood and shit to keep you entertained.
Paul138 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 07:23 PM       
Looks good. Twilight Zone meets Dead Alive. The only thing I have a problem with is that the critics say the movie is a gorefest like it's a bad thing.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 10:57 PM       
I fucking loved the movie. It was different, but I liked it that way. I loved how the zombies were fast, and they should keep it that way. I liked it at first where it showed him going through London, and he was walking around alone for about 10 minutes. The music was great there, and I liked how it turned into rock music when the zombies started coming.

People at the movies didn't like it. I thought it was becase they were stupid, and they wanted a complete gore movie, but it wasn't. You kind of had to think about what was going on, and they were stupid enough not to, and they didn't get the plot.

SPOLIER

I loved how the blood got in the guy's eye, and they had to kill him right away, fucking awesome. Another thing I liked was at the end, when he went crazy, because they were trying to kill him. He let that black guy loose, and he killed all of them. It was fucking brillant.

If you haven't seen this movie, you should. If you want a huge gory movie, this isn't what it is, but it is creepy as hell.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 11:12 PM       
It was good, but it wasn't incredible or anything. It had a great first half with the deserted london and all the chases but the second half was pretty boring and didn't really go anywhere until they tried to kill jim.

I've said it before (not here though) and I'll say it again; Nothing beats the Romero trilogy for post apocalyptic zombie movies.

That was very funny. Well done.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 03:53 PM       
I just saw it, and I have to say, as I was watching it, I completely related to the characters that wanted to kill themselves. This movie was just plain bad. Aside from seemingly unnecessary Englishman nudity, it's way too slow-paced. Plus, there were far too many plot holes and continuity errors.

*Spoilers ahead*

I liked how they tried to add a human element to the story with the military guys, but it just wasn't enough to save the movie. I hoped that when that jet came by in the end that was going to turn around and strafe them.

In short, 28 Days Later: the movie that isn't afraid to show an unappealing actor walking around an empty city for fifteen minutes.
Jebus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 02:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
People at the movies didn't like it. I thought it was becase they were stupid, and they wanted a complete gore movie, but it wasn't. You kind of had to think about what was going on, and they were stupid enough not to, and they didn't get the plot.
SPOILERS AHEAD

What exactly was there to think about? Zombies eat people. People try to live. People run away and kill zombies. Why did some of the people die but others turned into zombies? How come in the beginning when he found a newspaper that says "EVACUATION" at the top, he reads the headline but doesn't bother to read the rest? Why did he go into that cheeseburger stand when there obviously wasn't going to be a guy in there making fresh cheeseburgers? IF YOU THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS MOVIE IT WILL ABSOLUTELY SUCK. If you dont think about it it's almost bearable.