Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM        What are your favorite bands of this decade?
I would have to say I've been getting into Cold Play, the Go! Team, and Dido (shut up. Her music is more original than a lot of the crap I hear from other female singers). I mostly listen to older music, but I feel that these groups make music fresh and exciting. I've been slow to pick up on newer groups, but if you guys have any I should check them out.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:37 PM       
I don't even like the music of last decade

Seriously, I don't even know what's out there now.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 10:43 PM       
I think there was a lot great bands last decade, especially in Canada (Matthew Good Band, Our Lady Peace, the Tragically Hip). Pearl Jam, Pantera (they may have existed in the 80's, but Cowboys From Hell was their first real album) and Buckethead were great, too. 98-99 was a total hangover for crappy one-hit-wonders for teen movie soundtracks though. By the way did you write those IM WITH STUPID articles? Considering Dave Firth created some flash cartoons with bad grammar under the alias of Jerry Jackson, I figured it might be you (the "hey guess what? i hate Milhousde. i have A PAGE that says other stuff liek that" article was fucking hilarious). Anyways I loved those Doug Live Journals you made (reminded me of the old days, when I watched that show).
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 04:08 AM       
strictly 2000s?
bands that started in the lst 6 years and going strong since:

The Books (3 amazing albums)
Mum (also 3 amazing albums)
explosions in the sky (3 amazing albums)
jackson and his computer band (1 amazing album so far, but extremely promising)
junior boys (1 fantastic album, one more soon)
junior senior (2 albums i can't say are amazing but i love them. second one way way better than the first)
LCD soundsystem (i think technically had their first crappy single in 99, but it been all amazing afterwards, couple of year-defining eps and an excellent album)
lightning bolt (ok, i'm getting out of the decade but seriously, wonderful rainbow and hypermagic mountain. get on that boat if you arent)
M83
manitoba/caribou
mu
sigur ros (eeh, no. but america knew them in 2000. and honestly 98's von isnt great...)
tv on the radio (blindingly good ep, followed by a not-as-good but excellent lp, now being followed by a better lp... not to mention they're exciting as all hell)
the avalanches (1 album in 2000. motherfucking classic, though)
polmo polpo (2 albums, last one is in my top 5 of all time)
apparat (glitchy, trickd out electronic madness... yet. incredibly listenable.
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (probably the best of the lot. the only reason i'm not so incredibly excited that i thought of them first was because i'm personally attatched to other records. but this is consistenly amazing shit. new tracks played like are going to make the next album an absolute must)

also, i'm going to have to say what everyone else repeats up to an annoying point about coldplay. BENDS-ERA RADIOHEAD SLAMMED THROUGH A STARBUCKS FILTER WITH A DASH OF INSECURITY AND A DOUBLE DOSE OF REVERB.
well, maybe not all that, but that band epitomize how the top can be reached by being in the middle of every spectrum. they're unloathable, but they're still not any good.

Dido=Moby=Death.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
they're unloathable,
strongly disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
but they're still not any good.
very strongly agree
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM       
i dont like music
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
Neither does satan.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:07 PM       
fag
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:07 PM       
shut up, fag
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:21 PM       
rongi quit being all central scrutinizer on us ok
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:29 PM       
but music is so bad!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:30 PM       
IF YOU GOTTA LOAD GO TO THE WHITE ZONE
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM       
2000's.. if you had asked about 90's i'd have a list taller than you. I lived in a cave for most of this decade so far, but here is what i know about:

Broadcast
Airport 5
Interpol
Circulatory System
Deerhoof
Acid Mothers Temple

I did'nt include bands which have released good stuff post 1999 if their best stuff was before then.
angelic demon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 04:56 AM        no question
best music of this decade only 3 bands need a mention:
Breaking benjamin
Shinedown
and A Perfect Circle (so their first album was 1999 but their best is easily eMOTIVe)
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2006, 07:47 AM       
Torture Killer, but that's because I'm gay for Chris Barnes and his reefer madness.

My Own Grave, I have heard just one song by this band, but it was ok.

Zombi, They're Finnish, so that automatically means I must worship them as gods.

And that's every decent band from this century.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 08:10 PM       
So Trash when do you turn 14?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

CSM-101 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 11:20 PM       
I'm just going to say Avenged Sevenfold and shut up
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM       
K-Fed
Paris Hilton
Ashlee Simpson
Lindsay Lohan
Hilary Duff
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 01:28 AM       
lol miss modular

I'm gonna say Modest Mouse. "Good News for People who Like Bad News" isn't even their best album, and it's still one of the most original albums since 2000. Their hits tend to be fairly mainstream, but their other songs are damn imaginative.

Also, Lemon Demon (Neil Cicierega) is one of the most underrated songwriters of all time. Period.

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 02:24 AM       
Hakugojuichy, I've got some Falling to do, the Fancypants Manifesto, and Action Movie Hero Boy are some of the greatest songs ever.

Lemon Demon Definately Makes my list.
Sufjan Stevens
DragonForce (the single best english power metal band I've ever heard)
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 09:49 AM       
Broken Social Scene
Sufjan Stevens
The White stripes
The Strokes
Kings of Leon
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 07:23 PM       
coldplay - music for people who dont like music my vote would be for pelican. and yeah, explosions in the sky and M83. as for the future, i'm thinking justice will be big, and definitely capitalise on the vacuum left by daft punk's recent efforts. in terms of music for indie kids to dance to, i can imagine this is as where it might be going.

trash please stop trying so hard
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 07:43 PM       
I went back and listened to Pelican. Mammoth and Last day of winter sound like the same fucking song... :/ I think you guy's should spend some time looking back at some of Sloths few but prime picks when it comes to the heavier melodic stuff.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne

I'm gonna say Modest Mouse. "Good News for People who Like Bad News" isn't even their best album, and it's still one of the most original albums since 2000. Their hits tend to be fairly mainstream, but their other songs are damn imaginative.
Uh, Modest Mouse has been around since the mid-90s.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 01:52 AM       
Like I do any research