Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 11:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
The Running Man. So good. The biggest kick out of it that I got was the advertising poster in the network office for "THE HATE BOAT."

I also didn't realize Jesse Ventura was Captain power or whatever his name was.
Captain Freedom!

I love that during Captain Freedom's Workout instead of showing how to exercise himself he just strikes poses while women exercise around him.

I would have liked more Captain Freedom in The Running Man

The little things like "The Hate Boat", "Captain Freedom's Workout", and "Climbing for Dollars" were what made The Running Man so great.

The first Robocop had a lot of that too (I'd buy that for a dollar!)
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM       
That's how I work out.

Love the first robocop too. Love the part where he steals the pink caddy from the pimp and g-rides it around Detroit.

I was watching some demos for dead rising 2 multiplayer and then immediately needed to watch Running Man after.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 12:27 AM       
ROCKULA -
movie was so fucking silly. awful music, awful acting, but the main dude keeps a blog now and i went to the blog and there was a post called ROCKULA so i read it and it went on to be him bitching about marmaduke and avatar and it made me want to like him because he hates people and i can get behind that.

KICHIKU DAI ENKA (BANQUET OF BEASTS) -
this movie is fucking terrible. people apparently like it because it's shitty and people are shitty. it is apparently one of the goriest movies ever made, which doesn't really appeal to me. it's apparently also unsettling or whatever, which i didn't find to be the case either. it's awkward and disgusting (but not for the head getting blown off or the shotgun in the vagina, but for the fucking breathing sounds being the forefront of the soundtrack frequently). it's slow and stupid and fucking awful. i rarely get mad at a movie, but this one totally did it.

UN CHIEN ANDALOU -
watched it because it's one of those things that people see because it's culturally significant or some shit. fuck art films. why do people like this shit? fuck people.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM       
The remake of The Crazies. It was pretty good.
I enjoyed how the sheriff was almost like a commando.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
ROCKULA -
like him because he hates people and i can get behind that.
And How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
The remake of The Crazies. It was pretty good.
I enjoyed how the sheriff was almost like a commando.
Want to see this still. Big fan of the original.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 05:07 AM       
i watched the original and the not original and i thought it was funny how pretty much the only element of it they kept similar was that there were 3 people ;/
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 04:16 AM       
I just sat through a VeggieTales movie and those animators have to be the laziest people I've ever seen.
Banned
doramide7 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Eraserhead. It was the first time I've seen it. I'm not sure what to think.
Right now I'm watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Not that bad.

Yet I'm watching on Lifetime. Which is scary.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM       
Sharktopus. It was terrible.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 05:04 PM       
But it had Eric "THEY TOOK MY THUMB" Roberts in it.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 05:15 PM       
You didnt like Sharktopus? The boy and I had a great time laughing at that. The end where they blow his brain up was phenomenal.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 05:18 PM       
They certainly dropped the ball on cinematography on this one. Come on SyFy. You've done better.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 05:35 PM       
You're talking about SyFy Channel's movie production values? From the makers of Ice Spiders and Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus is supposed to come something good?

As an aside, Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus were made by that Asylum company that made the Transformers ripoff, Transmorphers. It seems to be what they're good at.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM       
I'm saying that in terms of what their standard production value usually is (which is usually sub-par), this is definitely way worse.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 09:41 PM       
No way, Sharktopus is the bestest thing ever.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM       
I'll have you know, you made my boyfriend very happy by saying that. Thanks for that, I guess :>
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 07:56 AM       
RABID GRANNIES -
it took like 40 minutes of badly dubbed boring ugly english people before there was any violence, and by then i had completely lost interest.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
RABID GRANNIES -
it took like 40 minutes of badly dubbed boring ugly english people before there was any violence, and by then i had completely lost interest.

I've always wanted to see this.
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM       
the second half is OK for a shitty b-movie, but not worth sitting through the first 40 minutes or so.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 01:22 PM       
I just watched The Last Dragon and part of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo on youtube.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM       
My uncle loved Rabid Grannies. I didn't get it his copy when he kicked the bucket, tho.
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 06:16 PM       
it's on instant watch on netflix!
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM       
CITY ON FIRE
an "inspiration" for reservoir dogs. by that i mean tarantino ripped off this movie. unfortunately this one only had the english dub so that sucked.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM       
I've seen the dvd case for City of fire and I remember the back of the case literally saying that "This is the movie that was ripped of for the plot of Resevoir Dogs."
Old Oct 3rd, 2010, 10:27 AM       
it's pretty good. i like reservoir dogs more, unfortunately, but it might just be because SPOILERZ the "i'm a cop" in reservoir dogs was immediately followed with a gunshot, but not in city on fire.

VAMPIRE CIRCUS
some hammer horror film (without lee or cushings!) that was pretty sweet. i enjoyed.