Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM       
I'm aaaaaallllllmost certain this is a carolina mantis, but not 100%.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 07:08 AM       
My mantis pictures made whatsthatbug.com

Went to a nature preserve last night and saw a doe and two fawns.

See her? She's looking right at you.

The doe crossed the trail first, followed by both fawns. Very close...they feel safe there and aren't afraid of humans.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:35 AM       
Very awesome. Two creatures I have never seen and would very much like to.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM       
I always figured kangaroo were pretty much Australia's equivalent of deer.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:30 AM       
We don't have kangaroos here, only wallabies. I've only seen kangaroos on holiday or in zoos, rather than just walking around.

Wallabies are smaller, furrier, cuter and taste a lot better.
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:36 AM       
I guess our equivalent of the mantis is the Australian Mantis.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM       
The mantises look about the same. This is the first time I've seen a carolina mantis around here, although one might argue that it's just because she was probably so well-camouflaged. I typically see the familiar green version several times a year, because I have butterfly bushes that attract an easy lunch.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
jesus tits this is some really intense LSD

my jaw has its own atmosphere
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM       
i'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 10:32 AM       
Piss off babs.

This is a tree.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 11:01 AM       
very cool, the branches on the left look like legs with very baggy tights on
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 05:14 PM       
the right looks like a loooong torso. mostly for the naval, and the upward arms and leaning neck at the top.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM       
I went here yesterday.

On the way there, there was this eerie wind farm that had hundreds of turbines, as far as the eye could see, for 11 miles. They were just all silently turning, some at different rates, and something about them freaks me out a little.

This is the view between the parking lot and beach...acres and acres of beautiful dunes anchored by grasses and trees.

This is the staircase that's part of the Succession trail. The college where I did my Bio undergrad is very near this, and during one of my field botany classes I had to hike this damned thing at least twice a week, rain or shine, charting the locations of sand cherry trees and jack pines. My calves got huge.

More beautiful dunes shots:

Some of the flora and fauna here are completely unique and can't be found anywhere else in the world.

They discourage going off-trail because disturbing the grasses causes the dunes to shift, covering paths and structures. People do it, though.

Between the dunes and beach there's a bath house. There are usually rangers there to discourage all fuckery literal and figurative. Walking through the bath house, the beach opens up before you with this amazing view:

Look to your left, and there's Gary and Chicago off in the distance.

See Chicago? That hazy group of skyscrapers out there?

The path to the right leads to various trails.

continued...
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM       

Kite we flew to entertain the baby...

Old Sep 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM       
My internet is running slow, so it's going to take me a month to see all of those

But what I can see looks interesting, as usual.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 01:42 PM       
beautiful pictures.

i wish i hadn't forgotten this thread for so long, and i wish i'd take advantage of my surroundings. ffffff.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM       
I want the lens of my camera to be fixed. It's about to be fall in the new england area again.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:26 PM       
That reminds me...if anyone has a good idea for how to get sand out of a DSLR lens without accidentally abrading it, please, I'm all ears.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM       
You're fucked.
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 09:54 AM       
Vacuume cleaner.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM       
I'm afraid of dragging the grains across the lens as I get them out, however they go.

Got some more Enormous Spider Pics for you, Zhukov. This is an orb weaver found in our garden. She could have comfortably fit in the palm of my hand.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 01:12 AM       
well having no experience whatsoever with that sort of thing i'd say put unflavored gelatin in it, let it set in the refrigerator and then suspend it upside down from something so that when the lens reaches room temperature the gelatin will fall out taking the sand with it :completelyretardedidea :don'tdoit :i'mprobablydrunk
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2010, 08:20 PM       
Apple Picking

Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post

also i like that you're not one of the lazy people like me that just names files ajfoklfae because i can easily identify which of your image codes i want to diret my commentary towards which saves me like 14.6 seconds of my life.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE