Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:51 PM       

I'm a food artist and every time something I've done with blue food coloring shows up in some magazine somewhere I get a bunch of people who go all nuts AAARRRGH IT'S GROSS WHO WOULD EAT SOMETHING BLUE YOU MUST WANT US TO POISON OUR CHILDREN YOU EVIL BITCH GAAARRGGGGGGGHHH

Last edited by Kitsa : Jan 14th, 2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: why do I always end up with the pagebraks :(
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:51 PM       
Yeah, I see bread everywhere now.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
where in the east coast you gonna be girl?
also, will you jump up and down on my penis [ ] yes [ ] no
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I'm a food artist and every time something I've done with blue food coloring shows up in some magazine somewhere I get a bunch of people who go all nuts AAARRRGH IT'S GROSS WHO WOULD EAT SOMETHING BLUE YOU MUST WANT US TO POISON OUR CHILDREN YOU EVIL BITCH GAAARRGGGGGGGHHH

People really have issues with eating blue things? weird

everyone knows blue shit is awesome for you

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
tadao - oh, anyway, you didn't seem fat in your pics. crash diets like south beach are mostly for people that need to lose a lot of weight very quickly for health reasons.

a much better way to diet is to count calories and then eat about 500 less per day than it'd take to maintain your bodyweight. 3500 kcal = 1 pound of fat, so in theory you should lose a pound of fat every week doing that (in practice, more of that pound is lost in lean body mass unless you exercise - but also if you exercise your calorie requirements go up, so you can both eat more and get better results).
I've been slowly getting huge in the belly. I need to drop 20 pounds and then maybe a little more. This holiday of candy and leftovers, plus slackin with my GF has really done me wrong.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM       
I know, that's what I'm sayin'.

One of my things when I'm doing Japanese lunchbox art is putting a couple of drops of blue food coloring in the rice-cooker water. It results in really vivid blue rice which is great for backgrounds. I can even screw with it and get a mottled background that looks a little like a cloudy sky.

And every time people get wind of it, I start getting emails about how gross blue rice is and how they'd never eat it and how toxic they're sure it must be blahblahblah.

People have no idea how much food coloring they take in every day. It's in vitamins, for crying out loud.
was never good
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:01 PM       
tadao - i'd advise you to not fad/crash diet if you don't need to lose 30+ pounds. You can easily drop 1-2 pounds a week through calorie counting and exercise (though I guess your options with exercise would be limited).

the crash diet i went on was pretty similar to south beach, but set up from more of a realistic/study-based perspective than a scientific perspective, plus you got 2 free meals a week of wtfever you wanted. all you need to ezmode it is a foreman grill. also it doesn't have a retarded maintenance phase like south beach does (UHHH JUST DO THE DIET, BUT LAZIER, FOR ETERNITY). if you're interested gimme a pm and i'll send it to you.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:02 PM       
there should be a mockery fitness club

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
was never good
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa
People have no idea how much food coloring they take in every day. It's in vitamins, for crying out loud.
I remember one study found that it took a gallon of yellow 5 to cause erectile problems. In a rat.

Soon after, people thought that drinking mountain dew would cause your junk to shrivel.
was never good
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
there should be a mockery fitness club
i've been thinking of applying to be a personal trainer at a gym after i get down to my target weight.

people wouldn't like me, though, because i'd just walk them straight to the free weights room, and they'd be all FORD, WHAT ABOUT MY MACHINES
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM       
Well, I tried to be fair and there is a brand of 100% natural food coloring that I endorse when people ask. And when I had my gallery show last summer, I asked the company for handouts, which they sent. Every time someone came over and tried to pick a fight with me over food coloring (and there were a few), I'd hand them the flyer and tell them about it.

The problem is, the stuff is made with natural spices and vegetable juices and it's always going to taste a little like the original ingredient. So you could end up with vaguely beet-flavored cake icing or something like that and it could be weird. I try to use the natural stuff whenever I can, but sometimes the artificial colorings are unavoidable.
was never good
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM       
just use the artificial stuff and pretend you use the natural stuff when people ask, imo
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM       
I'm pretty limited to speed walking and light weights. My GF is used to this diet and I like it cause I'm all I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T EAT, so she cooks for me.
was never good
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:15 PM       
well like i said, south beach and lyle's crash diet are very similar, since both are PSMF (protein-sparing modified fasts) that also cut out fat. the big difference is that with lyle's you get free meals (or carb-loading meals, if you're not obese) and you're recommended certain vitamins. the best diet is the one you can stick to, however, so if you're comfortable with south beach, by all means.

I recommend 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 and 6-8g of fish oil every day for everybody, but when you're on a diet like yours tadao, you should also look into magnesium citrate (not oxide) and potassium - this will help you avoid going into a coma and schiavo'ing the night away (for people who don't have bone problems like yours, taking a calcium supplement is also important to preserve bone density when crash dieting). Get everything in gelcaps, not tablets. Fish oil is pretty hot shit for anyone and does a ton of stuff, from mood improvement to fat burning.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:15 PM       
The natural stuff is pretty limited in scope...the red is kind of magenta-y, the yellow is kind of mustard-y, and the blue is sort of purple-y. Makes mixing a little more of a pain if you're going for a wide variety of colors. You can do it, it's just harder and it relies more on a pure-white substance to be colored (rice, yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, etc).

The artificial stuff can make it easy...I can even do stuff in neon colors if I want.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:19 PM       
I'M GOING TO COMIC-CON :3
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM       
:O did you already register?
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM       
what chojin said
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
:O did you already register?
Yes, for Friday. :O
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM       
did you hear that, jonathan?

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I'M GOING TO COMIC-CON :3
Say hi to my girlfriend for me.
The Unicorn
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM       
The Unicorn
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Say hi to my girlfriend for me.
I'll put my dick in her hands if she is nasty enough for it.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:47 PM       
By 'girlfriend', I meant 'she-male Lebanese prostitute', silly.
The market's bigger than you think.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:52 PM       
Sam, is your furry suit finished?