Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2011, 01:17 PM       
"The Other Boleyn Girl". What a horrendous piece of shit that was, despite the best efforts of perfectly respectable actresses Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johannsen. If historical accuracy could cause injury, that movie would have a papercut.

Much as I figured it would be, they wadded up the majority of the actual history and tossed it aside to revel in playing Pretty Princess.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:29 AM       
I can't believe I waited this long to finally see Reservoir Dogs, but it's fucking fantastic. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie this much, it's even better than Pulp Fiction.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:11 AM       
A SNAKECHARMER.. A FUCKING DOCTOR!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:15 AM       
I have a Marvin Nash action figure. He's in a box with Two-Face at the moment.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
the hangover 2 is similar to the first but a lot nastier still pretty funny though
I thought it was a stinker. Definitely not worth the 9 bucks I spent to watch it.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I can't believe I waited this long to finally see Reservoir Dogs, but it's fucking fantastic. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a movie this much, it's even better than Pulp Fiction.
A great Pogo style ripoff using this film
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM       
Pogo really liked it. He's a Dainumo fan.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:22 PM       
Saw Pirates in 2D with my son, 2 of his friends and my 8-year old daughter. This may have been the first movie we all saw together that we all enjoyed equally. That says something.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
Was Blackbeard a bad ass?
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:02 PM       
Finally saw The King's Speech. The most I've enjoyed an over-hyped movie since The Dark Knight.
Geoffrey Rush is incredibly awesome in it.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM       
I liked it too. I heard there was a televised version without the swearing bit and thought that would be doing the movie a major disservice.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:06 PM       
I don't think it was over hyped.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM       
He was a total badas.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I liked it too. I heard there was a televised version without the swearing bit and thought that would be doing the movie a major disservice.
Yeah, I don't think anyone could make the case that the swearing was unnecessary.

And yes Dimnos, Blackbeard was badass as all hell!
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old May 31st, 2011, 05:57 PM       
Battle: Los Angeles

More like Aliens and Explosions. Thats all it was. I just watched it and I have already forgotten the majority of the movie. There were no characters I cared about and the shaky cam started to piss me off in the first 10 minutes. Yeah, it's a intense battle. We get it. No need to shake the fucking camera around like a junkie in withdrawal. They even casually stole the "explosion makes character momentarily deaf" bit from Saving Private Ryan. Even the special effects failed to impress.

A waste of time.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 12:55 AM       
the new x men movie really a lot better than i was expecting

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 10:56 AM       
Quote:
Was Azazael's scenes good? Like beginning of X2 good?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM       
i don't wanna spoil it but yeah he is pretty bad ass

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM       
Zhukov reminded me that I watched Whip It. Pretty fun movie, I don't know what else to say about it. It's got a good story, funny scenes, good acting. All the things a normal movies should have.

Also watched Lovely Bones last night. Shit got trippy and to top it off it was backed by a bunch of Eno.
Roadkill Engineer
Dingus Knucklehumper is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 08:34 PM       
Quote:
It wasn't terrible but more action would have been nice.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 11:03 PM       
I was in Niagara Falls over the weekend so I watched that imax movie (again, same movie they've been showing for 10+ years now). It was ok. It sort of glossed over a lot and, with the exception of the whole legend of the "Maid of the Mist" in the beginning (suicide in a canoe), they only focused on the people who went over the falls and survived. I'd have done the exact opposite, in order to persuade dipshits that it really isn't the greatest idea. The drop might feel awesome but then there are those rocks at the bottom, and the suffocation while you're waiting to be hauled in.

The funniest part for me was when they opened the doors to let us out and were trying to channel us past a giagantic wall of DVD copies to buy for some crazy amount and take home. They said we could use our ticket stubs for a small discount. I bet a lot of people do it, too.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jun 5th, 2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added some clarification because I'm tired and my writing is shit
Forum Virgin
darkkitten is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 01:09 AM        127 hours
127 hours

By the end of this movie I

Last edited by Esuohlim : Jun 6th, 2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Moved to the Last Films Watched thread
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I was in Niagara Falls over the weekend so I watched that imax movie (again, same movie they've been showing for 10+ years now). It was ok. It sort of glossed over a lot and, with the exception of the whole legend of the "Maid of the Mist" in the beginning (suicide in a canoe), they only focused on the people who went over the falls and survived. I'd have done the exact opposite, in order to persuade dipshits that it really isn't the greatest idea. The drop might feel awesome but then there are those rocks at the bottom, and the suffocation while you're waiting to be hauled in.

The funniest part for me was when they opened the doors to let us out and were trying to channel us past a giagantic wall of DVD copies to buy for some crazy amount and take home. They said we could use our ticket stubs for a small discount. I bet a lot of people do it, too.
Was it in the pyramid building movie theater?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM       
yep.