Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistfulOAwesome View Post
10,000 Volt Ghost: BBS goes out of it's way to canonize it's own events. Bender is shown being the leader of the squadron of U.F.O.'s that destroyed the Medieval Theme Park and Seymore is fast-fossilized by Bender's Gun's aftershock. What was a joke and a mystery in the original series are now fully canonized plot threads.

As for nothing changing because of this, Seymore is all the proof I need. In the original episode he appeared in, he spent all New Years Day looking for Fry and then spent his life waiting for him to return. But since Fry 2 showed up he had no reason to go out to search for Fry.

Yancy originally named his son Philip since he missed Fry so much. Now we have no idea why he named his son after Fry (I guess maybe they got closer together. I would think Yancy Sr. would disapprove of not naming a first born Yancy unless they had the original situation of Fry's disappearance).

As for some alternate version of Time-Travel explaning Fry and Lars lives being separate: I don't see where you are going with this. If it's Grandfather Paradox then all the events are canon (which they are) because they were all supposed to happen.

If it's alternate universe then how would that make the events non-canon? It would be like the new Star Trek movie- Events are different but because we are in an alternate universe. The original universe still exists with it's events and this second universe exists with its events. So in other words it still all happened at least in the universe we are witnessing.

And on your example: What, do you mean if a paradox-copy of you went back in time and lived your life differently? Well, I guess you would still remember all the events the old way but that doesn't mean you wouldn't live in a universe with changed events. Semi-example: Back to the Future. Marty changed his family's lives yet he remembers everything from his timeline but knows none of theirs. So Fry 2 did change the timeline. I've already wrote two prominent examples above of what he changed.

I'm not trying to stifle the return of Futurama here. I'm simply stating that I hope that the writers think a little more on how to handle the characters and their stories than they did in the first three movies. The movies/the new series had/has a lot to live up and disregarding the continuity and characterization of the original run is not the way to do it.

Where the fuck is PAC-MAN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Is that some Clement handiwork? Although there's no penis involved so it's doubtful.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:57 AM       
It is amazing is what it is.
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 01:41 AM       
Quote:
Where the fuck is PAC-MAN?
He was lost in a maze and he never made it out. (seriously, I don't get this reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim
Nerd
I posted this a page too soon

Fixed!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 07:05 AM       
I was sure put in my place

Hey FistfulOAwesome, can I axe you something

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM       
No one is stopping you.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM       
I AM

IF YOU ASK A SINgLE QUEStION, SIR, I WILL BLUDGEON YE
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
NERDS WHY DON'T YOU GO BARRICADE YOUR HOUSE UP FOR X-MAS
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM       
IM GONNA MAKE MY OWN LUNAR LANDER WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS. IN FACT, FORGET THE LUNAR LANDER AND THE BLACKJACK.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:50 PM       
I AM GONNA GO, FORGET THE BLACKJACKS AND LUNAR HOOKERS
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 11:02 PM       
There, now no one will be able to say I don't own John Larroquette's spine.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM       
THIS THREAD IS BOGUS
Forum Virgin
Location: i live in roopville ga. AKA the middle of nowhere! but i love the country. lots of cows<3
FELDMAN<3 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM       
ugh! adult swim dont show it anymore.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM       
OMG Noway! When did that happpen?
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM       
Date of Birth:September 3, 1996Age:12

someone should ban it before it ventures around and becomes corrupted

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 08:53 PM       
I finally got around to watching wild green yonder. It wasn't funny, it wasn't even trying.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
I finally got around to watching wild green yonder. It wasn't funny, it wasn't even trying.
AUGH, I was meaning to record that last night. F*()&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 01:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FELDMAN<3 View Post
ugh! adult swim dont show it anymore.
Paging Liquidstatik. Danny to the Chat Room, STAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
THIS THREAD IS BOGUS
Agreed.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 31st, 2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: explaining the hijack attempt