Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 02:35 PM        Survival Guides
Anyone read any good ones? Personally I'd like to learn about what plants are eatable, what wood (if burned) will kill me, and perhaps some herbs for basic illnesses.

Another one I want to find is one based on world apocalypse survival (not a zombie survival guide ). Which reminds me, I have to put together an earthquake kit for my gf's house.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM       
This looks hopeful.

http://www.amazon.com/US-Army-Surviv...=cm_lmf_tit_10

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM       
helpful hint the only kind of wood that will kill you when burned is the kind that has "t.n.t." written on the side

never take wood from an anthropomorphic rabbit, guys
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:01 PM       
Some Hawaiian told me that every year white people die on the beach from burning wood from a ****** tree. I forget what tree it is though.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...n-neglect.html ?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM       
That just may be the one!
OH GOD
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM       
BUT THEN AGAIN SNOPES SEEMS TO THINK IT MIGHT JUST BE A URBAN LEGEND WHO KNOWS
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM       
Let's get Mikey to try it!
OH GOD
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM       
http://www.awwg.org/awg_woodtoxicity.htm this page might be helpful idk
OH GOD
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:32 PM       
also apparently the leaves of the yew tree are hell of toxic so if those got burnt along with the wood the smoke might be pretty nasty
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:40 PM       
I've heard eucalyptus is poisonous to burn, but I see it in lots of wood bundles so I don't really believe it, probably the leaves or something.
OH GOD
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 09:55 PM       
i don't think it's poisonous but the oil will fuck your shit up and i'm pretty sure that's a leaf thing yeah

dunno how the fuck koala bears can stand it
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
That would explain how something so cute is so goddam dangerous.

There is a urban survival show on history channel tonight. I hope it's useful.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:32 PM       
DON'T PLAY WITH A PLATYPUS! :survival
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 07:15 AM       
I've read a few books over the years about survival, and I am pretty confident that I could last several hours by myself in the bush.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
any of those books stand out as note worthy?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:32 PM       
Just read a Maxim magazine.
OH GOD
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 07:51 PM       
the boy scouts' handbook maybe idk
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
any of those books stand out as note worthy?
Well, from memory, the best one was a British SAS guide. Had lists of poisonous plants etc, detailed guides of how to build shelter.

I guess there are probably quite a few on the market, but British SAS worked for me.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM       
http://www.amazon.com/Worst-Case-Sce.../dp/0811825558

this one is kinda fun :s

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM       
I'm gonna have to get that one
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM       
I have "How to Stay Alive in the Woods" in my car. Its really good and thorough.
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 01:08 AM       
Does anyone watch Man versus Wild, or Born Survivor with Bear Grylls? Not really a book, but...

I like to laugh at how EXTREME he makes everything out to be; every snake is the most venomous, every temperature is either scorching or freezing, and every plant has a story that he heard where it killed 26 tourists who ate it.

He is ex-SAS, and he does pretty well for himself.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM       
I can't stand Bear for just that reason. I hate overly excited people who shout a lot.
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 03:08 AM       
He is a bit of a joke, really. I like to scoff at how little water he apparently survives on.

Sucking on the dew from a rock before going on about how the body needs 15 liters of water a day in situations such as these.