Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM       
So far all I've seen the women do is cry and talk about how we have to go back and save someone.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM       
Except that it doesn't happen organically at all, and Lord of the Flies was good.

Edit: That was for Dimnos.

That was very funny. Well done.

Last edited by Zomboid : Oct 25th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
TheNunEater is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 02:31 AM       
Meh it's a fucking zombie flick, nothing ever happens organically in them. Anyways for now it's the only cable zombie series ever, and I feel that is a positive step in the right direction for more horror series in the future despite it not really being a horror series.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM       
No, it's a step backwards in horror television series.

HEY GUYS, OUR PLOTS ARE COMMON AND SHITTY BUT IF WE PUT VIOLENCE IN IT, PEOPLE WILL LOOK THE OTHER WAY.

That is everything that is wrong with television. Sex and violence is more important than substance.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM       
Bingo. Also, "Meh it's a fucking zombie flick, nothing ever happens organically in them." What? Are you unaware of Romero's Dead trilogy? The dialogue and acting is a bit lacking, but he does more with his characters in the average movie run time than that fucking show has done in two seasons.

Fuck, this is what bothers me with horror movies; people just gladly accept bullshit because they think it's not in its DNA to be anything more than schlock. PEOPLE LIKE YOU, ICE KING. Maybe just go watch Saw 6 instead of trying to argue your point further.

Also, The Talking Dead is the worst thing ever.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:55 PM       
I'm almost at S2ep10

Where is all the gore and zombies?
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 02:28 AM       
Look sir you no nothing of my taste and and should not pretend that you do because I defend one show that is better than most of the bullshit on cable tv now days. If you don't like it, than that's your opinion but don't get pissed when I defend it.

I stand beside the fact that in the zombie genre most thing don't happen in a natural way. Sure Romero's stuff was great but that was also back when zombies where new and fresh. Unfortunately, that time has long since past and we are left with everything that follows, and the stuff consist of less and less story and more and more gore. In fact that is what the genre has become defined by, not just it but the horror genre in general. That why movies like Saw 6 can even exist and you can suggest it to people that have a different taste than you.

I won't argue that the old horror classics like Night of the Living Dead where amazing and that there something to be missed, but they are relics of a different time. I only a accept what the mainstream has lead us to and there is nothing that you or any one else can do about it. The zombie genre is a saturated and watered down and will always be just like vampires and serieal killers. I mean even old George suffered from the new age changes. Did you not see Diary of the Dead?

Anyway my final point is, you don't have to like the show. The critics and fans more than speak for it and it probably won't end any time soon. Despite how much you may dislike or down right hate the story and acting, it has been nominated for a Golden Globe and Writers Guild of America award, which probably speaks volumes more for it than some dick in a forum. But I insist, keep pretending that you know my taste in film and tv and spouting out bull shit to defend your right to hate a successful and genraly watchable show, that is the American way right? Oh wait.......

By the way, I have never even seen an episode of The Talking Dead (didn't know what that even was until I looked up after you said it) and think all the Saw movies are total shit and I've only seen the first two.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice King View Post
I only a accept what the mainstream has lead us to and there is nothing that you or any one else can do about it.

This line stuck out the most out of that whole 5 paragraph essay in bullshit.
The Wolf
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM       
lol sir

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:13 PM       
This guy is a perfect example of a fan boy. I've had many a things that I love turn into a steaming pile of shit right before my eyes. I've never feverishly defended them and said OH WELL IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING. Fuck this guy and his can't do it attitude.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM       
No fuck you sir. I will voice my opinion regardless on how you feel. Never once did I say that the show turned to shit and that it was better than nothing. You just pull shit out of your ass to try to structure a better argument and when you fail to do that just say "Fuck this guy" like a little teenager who can't come up with any thing better. I know I'm new to this board and that gives some sort of twisted superiority complex, but if calling me a fan boy and saying fuck you is the best you got, then you should probably try a forum like Gamespot, I think you would fit in better with the crowd there.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM       
Zomboid - When you said The Talking Dead, I thought you were doing wordplay "walking dead? More like talking dead am I right fellas."

Anyways, I hate it when people use the popularity of something to validate it. We're not arguing whether Walking Dead is popular, we're arguing whether it's good.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM       
As a whole, sure its sub par. But that one guy taking a machete to the skull last ep. was pretty cool.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice King View Post
No fuck you sir. I will voice my opinion regardless on how you feel. Never once did I say that the show turned to shit and that it was better than nothing. You just pull shit out of your ass to try to structure a better argument and when you fail to do that just say "Fuck this guy" like a little teenager who can't come up with any thing better. I know I'm new to this board and that gives some sort of twisted superiority complex, but if calling me a fan boy and saying fuck you is the best you got, then you should probably try a forum like Gamespot, I think you would fit in better with the crowd there.
I only a accept that you are a feverish fan boy because the mainstream has lead us view you for what you are and there is nothing that you or any one else can do about it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
As a whole, sure its sub par. But that one guy taking a machete to the skull last ep. was pretty cool.
Are they doing the whole AMC last 2 episodes are the best thing again. I'm having a hard time loading up S2Ep11 because it's kinda boring me to death.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:56 PM       
Last ep. aired, I think s3e2. But yeah, best part of s2 was the end. Oh and Shane shooting the fat guy at the very beginning. Just enough at the start to get your hopes up followed by a bunch of pointless crap to fill the season.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 05:58 PM       
Oh, I thought S3Ep1 premiered tonight.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM       
No its e3 tonight and it looks like the one handed redneck guy might show back up soon.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
The comic is shitty for the exact same reasons, only with greater periods of stagnation. Kirkman is the George Lucas of comic books; he has some good ideas, but he can't write for shit, and his dialogue is fucking atrocious.
I take it you've never read Invincible, huh?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 04:49 PM       
Playing video games taught me that if you can save bullets, save them. If a zombies are between you and a chain link fence and you can kill them by sticking them in the head with a long pole, why the fuck would you waste 40 bullets shooting them?

Now prisoners are allowed to roam free when one of them is already territorial and threatening?

Also, why hasn't anyone slapped that little fucking piece of shit kid yet?

Just a few of the things that are bugging me today.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM       
To be fair in the comic they locked the prisoner up, and didn't shoot any zombies if they could help it. Every time they would fire a gun it would attract more and more roamers.

Also the kid was slightly less of a cunt. Best part about kids in books is you don't have to actually LISTEN to them.
The Wolf
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:04 PM       
The episode that just aired was legitimately the best episode the show has done. Absolutely gut-wrenching. More like that, The Walking Dead.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM       
Ok, after reading Zomboids post I was ready to pick apart this episode. Instead I found myself over looking the blatant bullet usage vs. bullets available.

:/
The Wolf
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 12:21 AM       
The gunplay is something that this show will never do right. Hershel's unlimited shotgun ammo and everyone getting headshots, no matter how tense the situation, will always be glaring errors, to me. Still, I'm hoping this past episode was a sign that the show can get better.

But T-Dawg (ugh) was doomed the second another black male was introduced.

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 07:08 PM       
You are talking about the one where the gut Lori right? I still prefer her getting gunned down in the yard.