Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:55 AM        Only poor people work...
http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm

ONLY POOR PEOPLE WORK
Has this ever happened to you? You’re reading the letters to the editor. Suddenly you come across a letter so vapid you have to pause for a moment to pray that the writer has never registered to vote.

I saw such a letter from one Carolyn Sharp in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution this morning. Ms. Sharp is upset because some of us believe that tax cuts should go to people who actually pay taxes. Here’s the letter:

I am sick and tired of people who say, "If they didn't pay taxes, they shouldn't get a check." Just because some folks are unlucky enough to be poor, the rich folks decide they are not "entitled" to help? What has become of our country?
It is time we put some folks in office who will represent the working people. And just because some folks are less fortunate than others, why begrudge them a little help? I get tired of hearing it called a "handout." While there are some who do take advantage of the situation, many others would much rather be working for a decent wage. Put yourself in the other person's shoes for a while. Then be thankful for what you have, not greedy.

CAROLYN SHARP, Snellville

I’ve highlighted a few words for you. Note, please, that Ms. Sharp believes that those who are rich got that way because they were lucky. If you’re poor it’s because your not lucky. Hard work has nothing to do with it. Education has nothing to do with it. Job skills don’t count, nor does good decision-making. It’s all just based on luck. If you’re poor it’s not because you ignored your education, and it’s not because you make stupid decisions. All you needed was a little luck. Note also that Ms. Sharp promotes that leftist screed that only poor people work. The poor are the “working people.” The rich? They don’t actually work. They just sit back and enjoy their good luck. Then we have the kicker. The “G” word. Greed. If you want to keep more of the money you earn you are greedy.

Ms. Sharp begins here letter with “I am sick and tired of people who ….” Well, Ms. Sharp. I’m sick and tired of whiners who don’t recognize the value of hard work and the right of people who will go the extra mile and do what it takes to become successful in this country to be protected from the plunder of those who won’t. Do us all a favor, Ms. Sharp. Write all the inane letters you want. Just stay away from the polls on election day.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:16 AM       
oh shut the fuck up, she meant the hard work as well. There are plenty of poor people who work their asses off more than rich people, they're unlucky, the peopel who do nothing and get rich, they're lucky. That's what she meant.

And Vince, I am sick and tired of you.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:21 AM       
Did you say anything intelligent in your post?

Sorry, sir, but you saw the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:33 AM       
I said that the woman propably meant that poor people who work hard are less lucky than rich people who work hard or don't work hard.

and what made me mad was the absolute stupidity of your post. it was mind-boggingly stupid.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:34 AM       
Explain how the post that I did a copy and paste to is "mind boggingly stupid".

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:38 AM       
a person becomes very wealthy by:

1. luck

2. self confidence and knowing how to take advantage of other people
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:41 AM       
Once again, Vinth, you have blindly followed Boortz's whiny ramblings. You see, Vinth, when you say someone is "less fortunate" it doesn't necessarily mean that luck is the sole deciding factor when it comes to personal wealth.

It's a figure of speech, Vinth, just like when you say "I could eat a horse."

Because words have more than one meaning, you know:

Quote:
fortune - n.
A person's condition or standing in life determined by material possessions or financial wealth: She pursued her fortune in another country.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fortune
See? Fortune has definitions that don't include luck.

Of course, I don't expect you to understand this. Afterall, you had an argument with someone's automatic e-mail responder, and then fucked up the whole "degenerate" and "denigrate" thing.

Leave it to a conservative like Boortz to grab one tiny little word and read a million things into it, and draw broad, general conclusions from it. And you say that "liberals" don't think.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:47 AM       
The fact that you called Boortz a conservative nullifies your entire argument. It just proves that YOU CANT FUCKING READ!

Yea, I sent a letter to an "automatic" e-mail responder. Funny thing is that I was supposedly blocked offed and I sent him a one letter e-mail 2 months later and I didn't get an automatic response... hmmm....

And Doopa, it's attitudes like that that will keep you

1) poor

2) picking out stupid avatars

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:49 AM       
anyone that thinks the harder you work the richer you get is an idiot. I'm not saying there aren't rich people who are hard workers, I am saying that one does not lead to the other
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:55 AM       
Sorry, Vinth. I'm not going to play your queer games when it comes to compartmentalizing the various right-wing flavours. If you're allowed to generalize, then I'm allowed to generalize.

Just because I call Boortz a conservative doesn't change the fact that he twists language to suit his agenda, and you just twist it. Horribly.

"Blocked offed"? Case closed. The fact remains that you still got all pissy and argued with an obvious form letter response.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:55 AM       
Does being a fucking whiner and complainer that does nothing with their life make you rich or better off?

Nope.

The only certainty in this life is that you will die.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:57 AM       
Death and taxes, Vinth. There's two.

Of course, if we're only considering ONE definition of "fortune" we might as only consider ONE aspect of old sayings.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:08 AM       
No, taxes are not even a certainty. Death is the only certanity.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:11 AM       

Well, I suppose you could avoid paying your taxes, and government could just operate on... well, just because. Then again, there could be no government and we could do whatever the hell we wanted.

Please explain why taxes are not a certainty, either, Vinth. I enjoy reading your little nuggets of regurgitated wisdom.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
2) picking out stupid avatars

Like you have room to talk to talk Nazi Heater.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:34 AM       
I am pretty bored of my avatar. I'll probably change it soon.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:04 AM       
OPEN YOUR SPIT VALVE!! OPEN IT!!

And you don't recpognize Doopas avatar, do you? Some fan you are.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:35 AM       
Do you have a point, Max?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:52 AM       
Yes, but you're missing it. I'm over at Newsfilter waiting to see if you have any more sppine or spirit than last week.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 11:52 AM       
Vince, I am once again in awe of your overwhealming stupidity. You think that people have absolute control over their financial situation? Then your head is more full of shit than I imagined. Isn't it concievable that somepne might be *GASP* BORN into poverty? And if that is the case, then their families cannot afford to pey for a good education, at least past High School, and therefor they would end up stuck in a low paying job and continue the cycle of being poor. It is time for you to open your eyes instead of having Boortz tell you what you are looking at.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 12:04 PM       
B.B. King was born into poverty.

Immigrants came over to this country were stuck in poverty.

Willie Nelson was born into poverty.

Allen Iverson was born into poverty.

Jerry Rice was born into poverty.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 12:08 PM       
Those are but a handful of people that are born into poverty. Have you EVER in your entire life been to what we in Ohio call "The Projects"? If not, then find an area where there are a lot of poor homeless people and tell me your opinion is the same. If you HAVE been to some are like this, then you are an even more insensitive bastard than I could have ever imagined. Join the human race, Vince, get some compassion.

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 12:27 PM       
Sir, take a trip down here to St. Louis and I will introduce you to the East side. It will absoluetly destroy anything that Ohio has. Especially since we are the most bigoted city in the midwest.

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 12:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Those are but a handful of people that are born into poverty. Have you EVER in your entire life been to what we in Ohio call "The Projects"? If not, then find an area where there are a lot of poor homeless people and tell me your opinion is the same. If you HAVE been to some are like this, then you are an even more insensitive bastard than I could have ever imagined. Join the human race, Vince, get some compassion.
I sure as fuck have, and I noticed that 90% of the people there were perfectly content to leech off government handouts. I lived there for 2 years, got kicked out at 17, and that must mean that Im in poverty, which I am. Let alone, Ive never accepted welfare, and any hospitality that Ive accepted Ive paid back, or Im in the process of doing so. It doesnt take just luck to get out of poverty. I took my GED and was offered a scholarship for scoring a near perfect score. With that, Im going to start college this fall, and lo and behold, start getting the fuck out of poverty. Gee all it took was a little will to improve myself.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 12:32 PM       
Neil Boortz is a libertarian, right?

So why wouldn't he be a conservative?