Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM       
I watched Centurion. It was worth renting/watching once.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 04:51 AM       
Just saw The Refrigerator, best god damn campy horror film ever. It's an absolute must see for anyone that loves campiness.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Just saw The Refrigerator, best god damn campy horror film ever. It's an absolute must see for anyone that loves campiness.
The plot sounds ridiculous.
filthiest soap dish
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM       
I could totally give you a copy if you'd like, free of charge. Consider it a late Christmas present.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 05:06 PM       
I don't have a VCR at all
filthiest soap dish
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 06:12 PM       
Oh the glory of torrents and a DVD burner

I'll even throw in The Stuff, The Pit, The Willies, the entire House collection (1-4), and Popcorn.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 01:38 AM       
Those are some really good movies, Babs. House 1 is a favorite of mine.
filthiest soap dish
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 05:47 AM       
If you ever want any good horror movies, you know who to talk too.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 11:20 AM       
What torrent client do you use Babs? I need a new one.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM       
I wish there was a place I could pay to get Na'vi translated to Japanese.
filthiest soap dish
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM       
I actually use Cinemageddon and Karagarga.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM       
babs, can you PM me an invite to karagara pretty please? I can give you an invite to demonoid or xtremewrestlingtorrents :< Or send you cookies.
filthiest soap dish
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 08:43 PM       
I have demonoid already but I can see what I can do. By the way, Cinemageddon is A LOT better than Karagarga (has a better selection and more variety) in my opinion a long with easier to keep a better ratio.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM       
I'd be interested in both and would send you a whole batch of homemade shortbread dipped in ghiradelli dark chocolate. Srsly.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 11:04 AM       
Do you got anything that isnt for elitist jerks but still good?
filthiest soap dish
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 06:26 PM       
You mean my trackers or the actual client I use? Because I just use uTorrent for my client. If you're speaking about the tracker, I could send you an invite to Demonoid if you wanted.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM       
Oh man, I would love to have an invite to Demonoid, but all I got in return is just some Voddler invites, which are useless 'cause registration is apparently free nowadays.

Anyway, back to topic. Just watched Buried and Black Swan. Buried was a little dissapointing after hearing so much praise for the film, but it had me on the edge of my seat most of the time. Ryan Reynolds managed to be a lot less Ryan Reynolds than usual, so I didn't have the urge to carve my own flesh. Decent movie, which will be erased from my memory within a month.

Black Swan was another letdown. I expected so much after I saw the trailer and especially after the phenomenal "The Wrestler", but all I got was some watered down "The Tenant". I didn't really care for the characters, so even the horror parts didn't do nothing for me. I didn't exactly hate the movie, but it was just a big MEH. Maybe i'll see it again some time, if I just wasn't in the right mood for the film or some shit.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 07:35 PM       
I've got a bunch of Marx Brothers set to record on TCM on the 31st.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 10:07 PM       
A Night at the Opera is my absolute favorite Marx Brothers movie.

Watched Arsenic and Old Lace; another classic favorite of mine.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 10:30 PM       
Just got back from seeing Gulliver's Travels.

It's a very standard Jack Black movie. Pretty much everything you think will happen does. There's no new ground broken there.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 03:22 AM       
he shoulda played a yahoo instead of gulliver
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 06:57 AM       
I guess I can't have a problem with it, because that's his whole thing, and there are funny parts. But I don't need a spoiler tag when I say that he saves the day with a big musical number because EVERYONE KNOWS IT WILL HAPPEN.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM       
rebel without a cause -
had never seen it. disappointing. i don't get why so many people like it, or james dean.

jason and the argonauts -
again, had never seen it. harryhausen is great. the movie itself was so-so, but worth it for the animated skeletons alone. totally. i like when special effects took effort.

blue velvet -
oh my god, fuck david lynch. such great reviews, such awful films.

i think tonight we're watching the newest incarnation of metropolis.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 05:19 PM       
I like Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. Eraserhead is the only movie too creepy for me to watch all the way through, which gets props from me. I don't like Dune and Inland Empire is just intellectual masturbation. Rabbits and Dumbland are great, though.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM       
Confessions of a Shopaholic.....it was on after Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood.