Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 05:13 PM       
I'm only Catholic when somebody in my family dies now.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM       
I don't know what my religion is :O
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 07:12 AM       
Raised Irish Catholic, but I'm an atheist because god doesn't exist.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM       
WHAT IF GOD EXISTED BUT WASNT ANTHROPOMORPHOUS or i guess i should ask do you think god could exist if it were non-anthropomorphous ? would it even be worth calling it god?

i guess religion would still be useless though maybe. No point in worshipping something that prolly wouldn't (be capable of?) see (ing) value in being worshipped.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:29 AM       
Our instinct to seek out an eternal paternal figure would be thwarted if god didn't look like us.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM       
There have been plenty of non human looking gods. Don't make me look for them.
Slim Goodbody
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM       
Yeah, like when lizard and coyote were deciding what humans would look like they chose lizard hands.
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 07:25 PM       
You mean like the egyptian gods which had animal heads on top of human bodies and still talked to people?

i guess there's like animists or whatever, but I don't really think that falls under the same category or consideration as gods ;/
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Our instinct to seek out an eternal paternal figure would be thwarted if god didn't look like us.
that sort of begs the question of whether there is a god or not, but I'm sure that you know that.
Slim Goodbody
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:46 PM       
Yeah, I want to believe in a god, but I don't think any of the myths we have created so far could possibly be correct. And I don't think I should have to make a decision whether there is one or not really. If there is one it probably doesn't exist in any form we have imagined yet, or it may no longer exist at all.

Wouldn't that be a huge pile of shit, if god used to exist but no longer does?
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM       
I think its ridiculous to think that the potential falsity of the myths about god have anything to do with whether or not he exists. Just because the myths are wrong doesn't mean that there is not a god. Just like its ridiculous to draw the conclusion that, because the myth that hell is in the center of the earth is probably false, there must therefore not be a center of the earth.
As for the later part I would point out that you've already done so, but you were prolly joking so who knows really :O
Slim Goodbody
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:15 PM       
Huh? I think you jumped to the conclusion that I was trying to dis prove god. I said exactly what you just said- that the myths are just myths and they don't effect whether I believe in god or not.
ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE TOLD HOW INTERESTING MY HYPOTHESIS OF A GOD THAT CEASED EXISTING WAS.
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM       
sorry i think you edited that in so I didn't see it the first time i read it ;O

ITS PRETTY INTERESTING BUT IS IT POSsIBLE FOR THINGS TO STOP EXIstinG ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE tHE SUBSTRATUM FoR the entiRE WORLDS?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:45 PM       
if god stopped existing he wouldn't be god. he'd be some chump
Slim Goodbody
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:53 PM       
With the power to create the rules of physics that govern our universe!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM       
Russian Orthodox is actually a rather interesting religion. But really Baha'i all the way. Oh and...

BANNED

Old Jan 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM       
i love how the fish has feet :O
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM       
Darwinism man.
BANNED

Old Jan 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM       
yea i think ive seen it before but I don't really pay attention to pop culture
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:06 PM       
I don't know what that wheel is supposed to be doing as far as torture is concerned. It looks likes it just spins around when you turn the handle.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM       
maybe his feet are tied to something else
Slim Goodbody
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 12:33 AM       
Maybe the bottom is in water.
BANNED

Old Jan 26th, 2010, 12:43 AM       
maybe you spin it really fast and right when they're about to vomit you aim it up so they vomit on themselves and eventually it drips into a container on the floor so that whenever they are next to the floor their face brushes up against their vomit :O

also i think willie is right :O
Slim Goodbody
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 12:53 AM       
Maybe it just scrapes your face against the ground really hard and people laugh at it because its so ugly.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM       
As a lapsed Catholic, all I have to say is...Good Luck, OAO. Just remember that Communion Wafers are not a valuable source of fiber.