Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:32 AM        Games you just fucking gave up on.
Because they were horrible, too hard, too boring, any reason counts!

I've really been trying to play Morrowind, trying really hard. I had somewhere around 30 mods running, and even with all that, I really can't get past the fact that it's a completely abysmal, boring, unentertaining piece of shit. Playing Oblivion for real for the first time earlier today really sealed Morrowind's fate for me. Even unmodded, I was able to have infinitely more fun in about an hour playing that than I've had during all my 15+ hours hours wasted on Morrowind.

Fuck you, Morrowind, you are the worst game in the entire world. I sort of like your story, and wish you were just a book. You'd probably suck a lot less!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:57 AM       
crime life gang wars the controls were awful and graphics worse

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM       
I'm about to give up on Ys III. This game is fucking hard.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
You've just got to grind for a bit to gain a few levels, and use the downward jumping stab to kill tougher enemies.

And seriously, GW, stop play game in the Elder Scrolls series. And once you've stopped, don't start again.

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
You've just got to grind for a bit to gain a few levels, and use the downward jumping stab to kill tougher enemies.
Yeah, I figured that out. I ground to level 4 or so and then ran through the first dungeon holding down the attack button and one-shotting all of the enemies.

Then one of those blue demons killed me and I had to start over ;_;
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
Quote:
Yeah, I figured that out. I ground to level 4 or so and then ran through the first dungeon holding down the attack button and one-shotting all of the enemies.

Then one of those blue demons killed me and I had to start over ;_;
Well ya gotta save too, geez!

Quote:
Also, as I said before, I like the universe it's set in. It is INTERESTING. It's something I want to go and explore and would be totally great if the game wasn't awful :<

It's sort of like, if an INCREDIBLE TREASURE were hidden deep within the flesh of my right leg, and if I got ahold of it it would be wonderful and make all my dreams come true, and all I have to do is cut the fuck out of my leg to get at it. Then I start to do that and am like, "this is terrible, why am I doing this."
And I like the Legacy of Kain universe, but that doesn't mean I'm going to play Blood Omen II again.

I guess what I'm saying is that you're a sucker. Quit being a sucker for ES games. You may like the universe, but the gameplay's never going to change, so cut it out.

Whip wielder
Symphony of the Belmonts is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Quote:
Seconded! I tried really really hard but DAAAAMN
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 01:04 AM       
I give up on nothing. I have a disease.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 01:36 AM       
i gave up on tengen's gauntlet for NES, it just gets too goddamn hard near the end
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 01:36 AM       
I've never finished a single RPG besides Chrono Cross (and Pokemons Blue and Gold if those even really count). What's sad is that I really enjoy most of the Final Fantasies I have, but for some reason I always reach a point where I get bored and tell myself "eh, just play another game for a few days, then come back to this," but then I just never regain the willpower to pick up where I left off. But these days I don't even bother with RPGs at all because I know I don't have the time.

Actually, Chrono Cross is the only Playstation RPG I've ever even gotten to disc 2 on.

Edit: oh, I usually finish Zelda games, though, if those count as RPGs.

Last edited by DuFresne : Mar 25th, 2008 at 02:07 AM.
Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 01:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne View Post
Actually, Chrono Trigger is the only Playstation RPG I've ever even gotten to disc 2 on.
I don't know what the hell version you're playing, but my PS copy of Chrono Trigger only has one disc.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 02:07 AM       
Damn, how'd I fuck that up? I meant Cross. Oh well, edit time!

Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 02:20 AM       
The only Final Fantasy that i finished was Dirge of Cerberus. I'm stuck in Final Fantasy X dragon thing that attacked you in the airship, i already made like 7 attemps, i think i gonna quit it. I can't even use a cheat disc on my PS2
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 02:41 AM       
Oh, yeah, Silent Hill 2.

I probably would have finished it despite how much I don't like anything about it, but I got bored wandering around the prison looking for the last sin tablet to put in the plaque under the noose and then just didn't play it again
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 04:46 AM       
condemned, but that was after the first stage ;<
bioshock, after a few hours
half life 2, after 4 hours
stranglehold, after the parking garage scene, due to the 360's awful controls for that game
duke nukem 3d, after realizing the level design was terrible
morrowind, after getting the star of nerevar or something ;<
oblivion, at various points (reformats usually kill my oblivion games due to all the mods not being the same)
countless mmos
ninja gaiden 2 after that wind stage jesus christ what the fuck
mario 64, about 40 stars in

pretty much my life has been an endless succession of failed gaming attempts!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 06:33 AM       
i don't think mmos count for this, cause you can't WIN them
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 07:13 AM       
Ninja Gaiden for the NES. That last boss raped me. Many, many, many times. I have nightmares about it sometimes.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM       
I never finished Twilight Princess, because I had already completed everything else except the very last boss and I thought "well this is it anyway".

This goes for countless other games as well. In fact I don't think I've ever 100% finished a game in the last 10 years.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 08:45 AM       
With the exception of freeware games and emulators now and then, I've given up on videogames in general

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM       
Why is guitar woman ALWAYS complaining about how she has been playing some game for several hours and hates it?

Here is a pro gamer tip for your GW: If you've played a game for a couple of hours and completely hate it don't bother playing anymore. Even more importantly; shut up about how much you hate it because no one cares.

No one is forcing you to play anything and I sincerely doubt you bothered to pay for it, so you're not going to be out of pocket if you delete it.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 11:45 AM       
I finish less than half the games I start, mostly because I get bored. I have a short attention span.
He speaks truth!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 09:32 AM       
I gave up on Friday the 13th for NES when I was a little kid because Jason coming at me in the water scared the hell out of me. I don't know why.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:04 PM       
I give up on pretty much every game I play. Then months or years later I go back to it and decide I have no idea what is going on or what I am supposed to be doing, so I delete my save games and start all over again, only to abandon it in a couple of weeks.

The best example of that is Vagrant Story. I have restarted that at least 5 times.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM       
Morrowind is the first game in a few years that I acutally bought, that gives me the right to be ANGRY :<

Also, as I said before, I like the universe it's set in. It is INTERESTING. It's something I want to go and explore and would be totally great if the game wasn't awful :<

It's sort of like, if an INCREDIBLE TREASURE were hidden deep within the flesh of my right leg, and if I got ahold of it it would be wonderful and make all my dreams come true, and all I have to do is cut the fuck out of my leg to get at it. Then I start to do that and am like, "this is terrible, why am I doing this."

But also the treasure is really boring and colorless and I probably actually wouldn't care anyway.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:55 PM       
NiGHTS journey of dreams: i ended up trading this in towards brawl so it would only cost 10 bucks, but yeah, i really tried to like this game. the visuals were nice and the control scheme (no, not the wiimote one) was somewhat fun, but the artificial time limit was annoying. there was absolutely no reason for me to only have 120 seconds to destroy some dragon mouth floor disappearer that bursts into little bubbles that i have to fly around in circles to destroy.

but then again, maybe the entire game doesn't really make sense :/