Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM       
That is either fake or the dumbest thing reported ever.

Besides isn't Santorum pretty much done anyway? It seems Romney has the R nod locked to me.

This will be the second worst election choice wise ever
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM       
He's a little behind Romney, but I don't think the party wants to back him because he's too upfront about the things they prefer to spring on people once they're in power (reigning in reproductive rights, carrying on about Christians being "persecuted," etc).

The main reason he and the rest hasn't been swept off the field is because Romney can't stop making himself sound like an out-of-touch rich guy.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Everybody knows that using a pink bowling ball automatically makes a guy a homo.
He's against breast cancer awareness
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 04:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
That is either fake or the dumbest thing reported ever.

Besides isn't Santorum pretty much done anyway? It seems Romney has the R nod locked to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
He's a little behind Romney, but I don't think the party wants to back him because he's too upfront about the things they prefer to spring on people once they're in power (reigning in reproductive rights, carrying on about Christians being "persecuted," etc).

The main reason he and the rest hasn't been swept off the field is because Romney can't stop making himself sound like an out-of-touch rich guy.
Don't forget about the power of having delegates.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 07:40 AM       
Quote:
Oh, I don't know, there have been plenty of stinkers over the past 220+ years.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM       
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra...rimaries,_1988
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 09:35 PM       
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...election,_1964

This was pretty horrible all around, both in the primaries and in the general election. There are many others from before the age of bloggers and CNN. Point is that electing a president is a nasty business, and good candidates are usually too smart to run.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM       
"the second worst election ever" is my standard "these candidates suck" joke (though last election I believe it was Ford v. Carter can't believe how bad our choices are here)
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:52 AM       
so will anybody on this message board vote for obama? or will you vote for the other dude?

if the economy is doing better imight vote for him but i dunno i didn't vote for him the first timw because i thought his campaign speeches were stupid and I pretty much thought anybody who wanted to vote for him was stupid. Like hope for change. What does that mean. Why would i vote for somebody based on such an ambiguous statement.
also i think its stupid that he did this health care thing. How did Hilary Clinton disguise herself as Obama and win the election?

i wish that one fat guy would've ran who's name i think was something chris christy i dunno maybe. Anyway I don't know anything about what he believes in or anything but id prolly vote for him cause he was fat and happy looking.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:16 AM       
Chris Christie has his own set of problems, not the least of which is his morbid obesity - he's a heart attack waiting to happen.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:17 AM       
As a lifelong Pennsylvanian, I am embarassed for the Republican party for taking Rick Santorum seriously.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM       
Quote:
(... can't believe how bad our choices are here)
Makes you wish for the good old days of George W. Bush vs. Al Gore.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM       
I think most people don't vote for a president because they found out that popular vote doesn't actually mean jack shit.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:41 AM       
doesn't popular vote determine who will win state by state?

popular vote just seems like it doesn't matter since they give votes based on senators/house of representatives and each state automatically receives a certain amount of them with some receiving states a small bonus for having so many people or for owning an entire continenet kind of like risk.

obviously things like this are important so that pro-slavery southerners can have a say in the government
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM       
popular tells the representative which way the people would like him to vote, but he can vote any which way he wants. When it comes to the final count, I believe electorial vote trumps popular. At least that is what they teach in school. An example would be Bush V Gore. Gore had the popular vote, Bush had the electorial.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM       
The electoral college is anachronistic and needs a major overhaul. Maybe a weighted average or something, but it's stupid to elect a president without a majority of the popular vote.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM       
I'm sure there are reasons that the electoral vote is more important. Voter fraud would be my first guess. Of course now it's the other way around. I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. Votes can be bought.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Voter fraud
BANNED

Old Apr 4th, 2012, 02:58 AM       
its the only way to give each of the states a somewhat equal say in the government, which pretty much all goes back to white slave owners being outpopulated by white northerners. Theoretically you could also argue it's because people are stupid, you don't want them controlling everything, and so they need a check and balance too.

also with that whole experiment of the states thing where each states can have its own laws more or less. If each state didn't have that level of representation, then its state-wide laws could too easily be negated at a federal level.
For example, everybody could vote against abortion and it would be illegal everywhere.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 04:09 AM       
I think I'm going to start voting Libertarian or whatever in hopes that more people do too and we can get a strong 3rd party of assholes going.
BANNED

Old Apr 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM       
We need to start some memes about voting 3rd party because that's how politics in america works
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM       
Why does the US election go forever?
BANNED

Old Apr 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM       
it doesn't go forever people just talk about it startng a year and a half before it even happens

its sort of like how they start selling easter supplies around christmas
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM       
This election season it started 1 year after Obama took office. Dumb asses only fucked themselves over because it was 3 years of pointing out all the flaws in the republican party. People who hate ******s never really think of future consequences though.