Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 02:37 PM        Huxley
I've been following this one on and off for a while, but it seems like a feasible release date has been decided, "late this year." Huxley is an MMOFPS and it's being released for the PC & Xbox 360, with cross platform stuff. It's got your average dystopian future stuff, radioactive meteorites exploding the moon and debris hitting and mutating the Earth resulting in wars and stuff, but the main draw is the MMOFPS part. 5000 players on a server simultaneously using the Unreal III engine.

This looks fly, guys.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/856/856905p1.html
http://www.huxleygame.com/
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM       
So it's like Planetside with better graphics?

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
If Planetside played like Unreal Tournament instead of WoW, yes. IGN has some videos up.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM       
I hope this game actually has some depth and isn't just "UT with 5000 players". If they do some cool teamwork related stuff it could be good.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM       
There's supposed to be a lot of depth in the story. Due to the fact that the 360 version is coming out a few months after the PC version, the story for the 360 will be fifty years ahead of the one in the PC, but they can still interact with one another. I think that the story would be deep enough.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:31 AM       
Well back story doesn't bother me all that much. I mean a good story would be nice but not essential (look at TF2 - no storyline whatsoever but still a great game).

What I think they need to get right are the dynamics whereby large scale battles would be constructed.

For example I'd like it if you'd have some kind of automated commander/director in charge the entire world. The commander would do things like issue orders to active squads to defend a certain locations while simultaneously ordering enemy squads to take the same location.

Once the overall scenario had been set up the squad commanders could then be put in charge of micromanaging the battle, by issuing requests for re-enforcements/equipment/"off-map" ordinance.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
i love the art in this game i'm gonna get it in 360 the guys remind me of a snes game but i don't remember the name can anyone help yu started in a jungle level in a helicopter

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM       
Contra... nevermind, I dunno.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Don't worry any news in release date

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM       
Later on in the year, probably after July and August. Perhaps November or December.