Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 04:06 AM        WHUTS YOUR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM LIKE
IVE GOT LOTS AND WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS IT

IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE

VCR - A pretty new, pretty inexpensive VCR. I use it to convert my tapes to DVD, and watch stuff unavailable on DVD

TIVO 80 HR RECORDER - For recording television for viewing or recording talk show apperances or w/e for posterity. Most TV shows come out on DVD anyway >_<

DVD RECORDER - Everything I own has to be on DVD because VHS is inferior and i ran comlpetley out of shelf-space for all my VHS tapes.

DVD PLAYER - I can only edit stuff I record on DVD-RAM. DVD-RAM is expensive, and re-recordable, and umcompatible with most regular DVD Players. So I'm not gonna KEEP stuff on DVD-RAM discs because that would cost too much. So I got a DVD Player that is capable of playing DVD-RAM so I can transfer edited video to DVD-R which is cheap and you can only record on it once and its highly compatible with all dvd players.

SIGNAL PROCESSOR - I quickly came to realize that lots of VHS and DVDs have macrovision, and you can't make copies of them for DVD. For years I've been able to make numerous copies of the same VHS tapes ON VHS, years before DVD technology was available. So I was shocked that these tapes couldn't be recorded to DVD. for 100 bucks you can buy a signal processor at any Best Buy, which disables macrovision. Buying and using it implies that you will adhere to "fair-use" laws. Making copies is okay when its under certain circumstances; like making back-up copies of store-bought videos. Of course There's nothing stopping one from using this for renting movies on netflix and making your own copies of them.

REGEION-FREE DVD PLAYER - For about 30 bucks, you can buy these cheapo CyberHome CH-DVD 300 players. There is a very simple hack you can do by hitting buttons on the remote, (which you can find online) which will make it able to play dvds from any region. I own The League of Gentlemen Series 2 & 3 (series 1 came out in the states) and The Day Today.

LASERDISC PLAYER - I just got this today :D This is for the very few remaining things that aren't available on DVD OR VHS. mostly letter-boxed verisons of movies. I have Heavyweights because I refused to buy the pan-and-scan DVD, but I love the movie I also have the home video version of the Twin Peaks Pilot episode (which I looked for on VHS and couldn't find). I want a few other things, like the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL version of Kingpin LETTERBOXED (the R-rated version released on DVD is letterboxed, but they added a bunch of horrible RAUNCHIER scenes that made the movie WORSE). Also I just like laserdiscs even though DVD is better

also I have got a TV set

no video games
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 04:34 AM       
I have:
-region free DVD player, which supports CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, SVCD/VCD, MP3 and JPEG.
-Flatscreen TV
-broken VCR player

And thats it.

huond is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 08:20 AM       
i thought i had a pretty ok set up for just my bedroom and then i visited my friend in dallas this past weekend. his room mates bought a projector and a giant like 100+" screen for their apartment living room which isnt a much bigger than my room. they were watching silence of the lambs when i got there and i was so f*cking jealous ive got:

57" HDTV - hey i bought it for $400!!

25" TV - thats right ive got TWO tvs in my room! why? because i still never bought a remote for my hdtv so i can't use the sleep timer on it.

2 DVD Players - Ive got a region free philips that can play pretty much anything i've thrown at it (plays divx too). the other one is broken at the moment but my brother had one that did like its doing now and then it started to work again so im gonna wait to see if i'll be able to move it downstairs if it starts working again

2 VCRs - so i can make vhs copies of sh*t

2 NES consoles - What can i say? I like two have two!
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 09:43 AM       
65" hdtv - its a mitsubishi, the 2nd most expensive thing i have ever gotten, next to my car.

27" - jvc tv, its ok for my bedroom

40hr tivo- came with my direct tv setup.

dvd player- pioneer, its pretty old and has minimal features but can play pretty much every type of media, i believe it can be made region free as well.

vcr- its a pretty good one, but it no longer works

surrond sound- yamaha 5.1 600 watt it was high to mid range at the time, getting a like dated with all these 7.1 and 9.1s going round, but still works pretty good.

speakers- i have a klipsch set, rf3,rc3, rs3 it sounds great for movies and music.

subwoofer- 200 watt cheap one, doesnt really fit with the rest of my set that great but works pretty well, besides it is mostly used for faggy video games and action movies.

video games hooked up right now i have:

gamecube
dreamcast
ps2
xbox-also use this as a media player to play all my computer movies from my server on my big screen.

i have plenty of old systems to setup but its not worth the hassle.
all my dvd recording shit was in one of my computers, until i can get it running again it isnt getting used
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM       
I have 2 TVs

One in my room 30'' with a Playstation 2 set up so i can watch movies!.

The other one in the main room of my aprtmentment one of those old Woodframe TV's wiht a Nintendo plugged it with an old VCR with the same copy of batman that's been stuck in there for 3 years

I have a laserdisc player in my closet along with a dreamcast and a sega genesis.

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 06:11 PM       
in our front room we have:

-big tv
-telewest digital box
-panasonic gamecube
-pstwo
-xbox
-stereo system....thing
-vcr
-dvd player
-steel battalion + big ass controller (got a lend of it yesterday )

ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 08:52 PM       
a very small tv w/ vcr, apex dvd player, *coughnessnesn64gamecubeps2cough* and a record player
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 10:15 PM       
I've got a 32-inch Philips WS, a region-unlocked Philips DVD player and every Nintendo console out there.

Well, not now, because I'm studying abroad. Now I've got a 17-inch TV of unknown brand that appears to be 25Hz if that is at all possible. Every other scanline is black, the overscan is so extreme that whenever someone is interviewed, the first letter in their name is covered by the TV frame, and all the channels are in a random order. I don't mean channels as in ABC, SBC Ten Network etc, I mean the index numbers. So if I'm at number 17 and press 'next', I get number 8. And two thirds of them are static. Also, I have two number fours with a different channel on each. I also have a $30 Dick Smith DVD player which has some sort of retardation.

I miss my old stuff.

Snatchtastic is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 12:05 PM        .
I've got a 42" Inch Mitsubishi Widescreen T.V
and a shitty dual combo phillips DVD/VCR.

In my room I've got a 27" JVC flatscreen and a JVC DVD player and I play Playstation 2 and XBOX and Gamecube on it.