Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM        Wii and Physical Therapy
So... I'm thinking of getting a Wii for the main purpose of physical therapy.
What I need is to keep my neck, back and hips moving. I'm sure bowling is a good one for that, as would tennis.

Why am I asking you then? Well, I figured you guys who play all the games could clue me into some fun ones that would help as well. I might get into the bowling one, but I don't think I'd play tennis much. I've never played the Wii so I don't know what games I should get with it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 09:26 PM       
well, most good Wii games outside of Sports involve sitting on your couch with the remote pointed at the screen, occasionally shaking it and/or nunchuck, so I don't think this will help much
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 10:18 PM       
I thinking of getting a Wii too but I have to actually find one first.

What you could do instead is get an exercise tape it works just as well and it's 100 times cheaper

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM       
I want to at least have fun while I move about. I hate sports games. I guess I'll just have to break out the Jane Fonda tape and leg warmers.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:56 AM       
Wii Fit comes out in May and has yoga exercises and shit, as well as other, more INTENSIVE exercises.

But yeah, that and WiiSports are the only Wii games that come to mind that you stand up to play. Maybe WarioWare.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM       
just get a wii the free wii sports is the only one i play not sitting down but you may also try wii fit

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 02:10 AM       
Right on, I just looked up Wii fit and A couple of the games look fun. I think I could dig on the Wii golf too.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 05:19 AM       
I think that basically, you could execercise while playing anything on the Wii. As long as you overextend your swings and jump around like a maniac while playing. Which you can.
He speaks truth!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM       
Wow, a whole 8 posts in a wii thread without zomboid :o

I heard that the MLB 2K8 game that just came out finally has motion control (for some reason, the Bigs fucked it up), so that might be cool, too.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
IT MUST'VE SLIPPED UNDER THE RADAR

How about instead of either sitting and making little hand movements or flailing around like a retard, you go to the gym or something?

That was very funny. Well done.
was never good
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM       
Because his spine is partially fused, retard
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
how bout instead of complaining about how much you hate your wii you sell it to Milhouse
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM       
Actually my whole lower back and my hips are fused. I can only do low impact exercises.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM       
Don't worry Wii, GW and Chojin will justify your existence

Dood can you go dancing or something? Getting a Wii is cool n all, but I just don't think it will really help you much at all. You will probably be doing small hand movements for the most part. Wii sports would probably be the best game to get like everyone is saying, buutttttt

I'd rather drop 300 bucks on some yoga classes.
was never good
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjack
I'd rather drop 300 bucks on some yoga classes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Actually my whole lower back and my hips are fused. I can only do low impact exercises.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM       
Oops, I meant to put that they are completely fused, not partially. Can't do yoga.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM       
So you can't do a proper hip thrust any more? Ouch.
He speaks truth!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 05:00 PM       
Don't waste your money on a Wii dude that is for little kids, get a 360 IT HAS HALO 3 AND GEARS OF WAR DUDE.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
IM SORRY I THOUGHT YOGA WAS LOW IMPACT SILLY ME

Also I didn't realize that every yoga/stretching/low impact exercise class used your lower back or couldn't help you out by giving you different exercises for substitution, silly me

Yall are right. Tadao, go buy a wii IMMEDIATELY
Wow you told me. You have given me a valid reason not to buy something I can use.

I guess this is now a debate about replacing exercise with the Wii. Idiots assume so much. I was doing yoga up until last year and simply cannot do it anymore. I have replaced it with Thai Chi which is doing wonders. I never planned on removing any exercises that I do, I wanted to add on some more that are fun.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:40 PM       
Yeah, I do a lot of walking. I have a treadmill and a bowflex. I have to do breathing exercises now too because my ribs are starting to fuse together and I started to breath from my diaphragm instead of my chest without even knowing it.

Basically all I do all day is work on staying flexible and post on the internet. Not a bad life really.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM       
I guess it really depends on how fit you need to be. If you're uuber mega serious about it, I wouldn't reccomend exclusively playing Wii Sports and the like, but if it's just a casual thought and halfway an excuse to substitiute videogames for stuff you'd rather not do, go for it.
was never good
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:24 AM       
you're a troll. NO YOU'RE A TROLL. NO YOU'RE A TROLL. NO YOUUUU'RE A TROLL.

Shut up. Christ.

Wii is not a substitute for normal, fully-functional people going to the gym. No one was claiming that, stop pretending someone did.

I'd close this thread, but someone else might want to use it.

I think I'll jettison your little pissfit into the chat thread.

And that patrick stewart picture wasn't shopped. Don't know why you thought it was or what point that would have proved, but yes ok.

MEETING ADJOURNED.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM       
Yeah, don't mess this thread up. Chojin finally found a valid reason for the Wii.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
it's the wiison for the season
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:50 PM       
I like this thread