Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 10:24 PM        I've found the cure for boredom!
At least temporarily, i thought I'd post this here since it's "Politcal", but fun.

http://www.nationstates.net/

I just found it today, seems interesting.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 08:26 AM       
Man, I'd have sworn you were going to say LSD!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 09:35 AM       
LSD gets boring after a while.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 09:36 AM       
I started a nation about a year ago and forgot about it. It was pretty boring.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 01:17 PM       
I still have my nation.

But, the most fun is the general message board. Every extremism you can imagine. Everyone should check it out.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 04:33 PM       
The Republic of The Minarchist State is a tiny, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.

There is no government in the normal sense the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Commerce, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Soda Sales, and Information Technology industries.

Crime is a major problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The Minarchist State's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 10:40 PM       
The Holy Empire of Red Burns is a tiny, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.

The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling industries.

Crime is a serious problem. Red Burns's national animal is the fish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the coin.

I just started it now, so I haven't had enough time for hardcore oppression.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 10:53 PM       
Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs.

Let the proletariat rise up against oppression and crush their bourgeois masters!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 10:56 PM       
Yes, let large uncommon words be used to excess! Brobdingnagian!
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 11:03 PM       
Silly Yahoo.