Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 07:41 AM        MAJOR STRATEGIC VICTORY OVER AFGHAN CHILDREN
Well, we killed six more. What is it sop far this week, fifteen?

Hearts and Minds, baby, hearts and minds. It's a good thing we won that war at least.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 10:22 AM       
Burbank, I surprised at you (or is that "with you"? Whatever). You're talking about the forgotten war. Now let's concern ourselves no longer with those people now that we've completely taken over the country.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 10:23 AM        Re: MAJOR STRATEGIC VICTORY OVER AFGHAN CHILDREN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Well, we killed six more. What is it sop far this week, fifteen?

Hearts and Minds, baby, hearts and minds. It's a good thing we won that war at least.
It's a PR victory, at best. The U.S. and its allies in the Afghan war can claim they were victorious because they routed the Taliban; however, Kabul is the sole democratic outpost in all the country. The rest of Afghanistan is ruled by warlords (some of who were in the Northern Alliance), and Taliban is recuperating in various pockets near the Afghan-Pakistan border. Karzai is basically ringed by enemies, with only a few thousand troops from various countries protecting him.
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 10:36 AM       
WARLORDS!?

Crap. See, I thought Democracyin Afghanistan was threatened by kids.

This puts a whole new spin on the story.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 06:54 PM       
A plane recently touched down in Afghaistan on a trip from Nauru - I just hope that they heeded the Autralian Governments warnings from 'smartraveller.gov.au': l

www.dfat.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Afghanistan>

"Warlords control many areas and overland travel can be very dangerous. There is the added danger that some Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters remain in parts of the country thereby creating a significant security risk. If despite this advice, you travel outside Kabul you should only do so with reputable local guides and only to properly secured workplaces. You should consider permanent armed protection. You should be aware that even these precautions cannot guarantee your safety. The prevalence of unexploded landmines throughout the country adds to the risks.

Australians travelling by road in Afghanistan should ensure that their vehicles travel in a protected convoy. Banditry in rural areas by armed groups is common. "

The people going to Afghanistan are Aghan refugees from Australias detention camp on Nauru.

The Australian Govrnment has declared it safe for them to return.
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 10:52 AM       
Another interesting Nauru factoid:

We promised them a LOT of money and services in return for shutting down their offshore banking business as part of the 'war on terrorism' ( much of the worlds money laundering has been done through Nauru, and since the Island depleted the last of it's phosphates, money laundering was literally the only income they have, being an Island more than a thousand miles from anywhere). They did, and we refused to pay off, stating that the various US officials that made the offer weren't authorized to do so. They're suing us in the world court, but since we don't recognize the world courts jurisdiction and they're just a tiny island nation, they're screwed. This is one of the main reasons they've agreed to warehouse detainees of all kinds. They have to import everything and they have no source of income. Austrailia pays them to put refugees in a place the no one has any contact with.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 11:07 AM       
Quote:
They have to import everything and they have no source of income.
They have hawaiian shirts and cocktails. Oh, wait! That's only for their fat leader who walks around with two scantily clad women hanging off of him.
Quote:
Austrailia pays them to put refugees in a place the no one has any contact with.
Not any more!

Although we ave some on Christmas Island still, and they are living it up somewhere in the SA deserts - commiting suicide and sewing their lips shut while they are at it.

I wonder where this tread will go from here?