Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM       
People who work for Disney have no imagination.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM       
good lord man, BUY AMERICAN!!! because we need to make our house payments!

but for reals, id go with a hundai. i hear they last forever....

if you dont give a crap about $$$ go with the jag....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
I don't think they sell American cars outside of the US.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 01:40 AM       
I have a Porsche that was sold in Kenya in 1983. When I went to get a New York emisions test I foud that the car was manufactured without a catalytic converter and was about 30 times the legal CO2 limit.

AfroSpec bitches.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 02:12 AM       
no wonder you died in a car crash

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 03:01 AM       
Actuallly I have crashed several cars. The crash that "killed" me took place in a Dodge Spirit.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 03:08 AM       
how poetic, a spirit casted your spirit into the heavens

or hells

GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 03:08 AM       
Dodge sucks the worst kind of ass.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 10:43 PM       
I was going over a Cadillac Hearse, $3750 with 50,000 miles.
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 06:12 AM       
Oh just to clarify, I'm in England.

Yeah, they sell American cars in Europe. To be perfectly honest, I have no idea why. The only people who buy them are super rich jerks. Three reasons why they're jerks:

1. American cars are a lot bigger than European cars. We have loads of roads where two average (european) sized cars can comfortably fit on the road going in opposite directions. Throw a Silverado on that same road and now traffic going the other way is totally blocked. A two way road becomes a one way for the Chevy.

2. A 2.5 litre engine in England is considered a large engine size. The average sized car here runs between a 1.2 - 1.8 litre engine. A Ford Explorer has a whopping 4 litre engine. Consider this, in my area gas costs £1.11 per litre. (There's predictions of us paying £1.50 per litre towards the end of 2008/ first quarter of 2009). Running a 2.5+ litre engine is simply not financially practical. Especially when you consider point no. 1 as well.

3. We have round-abouts! Single, double and even triple sometimes. An average round-about will have two lanes. The inner is used for turning. You change into the outer when you are about to take your exit. I can understand how confusing it must be if you're not used to it. Especially because traffic moves pretty quickly at these sections. They're designed to work perfectly. If your car occupies the inner and half of the outer lane, you obstruct traffic trying to enter and exit the round-about. It's also a lot harder to judge the smaller cars and the smaller roads because:

a) you're a lot higher than everyone else (bear in mind that the roads are smaller and that traffic will be a lot closer to you).

b) you're driving on the left hand side of your car and in England we drive on the left hand side of the road. I don't even want to imagine how awkward that must be.

Yeah, these cars look really cool but it's not practical or considerate to other drivers to have them. Also, not to start a thing but the build quality on most American cars don't stack up against Germany or Japan. There was a Toyota Hilux on Top Gear that was burnt, crashed and even dumped in a lake. After all its abuse, the thing still started up! The average car in England is either from Japan, Germany or France.

Last edited by T-Rex : Apr 14th, 2008 at 07:19 AM.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM       
we drive a lot of jap/german cars here, too
!!!

Old Apr 14th, 2008, 07:24 AM       
Yeah, but at least you guys still have an automotive industry. GMC is huge. I think we have TVR, Lotus and Jag left. My uncle works for Mercedes and was telling me that apparently we won't have Jag for much longer, though. Apparently it takes 1/5 of the work force and 1/8 of the price to make a Jag in China than it does in England. Hence, Jaguar won't be British for much longer. Shame, really.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 12:41 PM       
Properly speaking, I think Ford still has Jag.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM       
Get a rich lover and bum their shit. Or whatever's easiest to jack.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM       
how does that even make sense

dude is already pretty well-off
!!!

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
how does that even make sense

dude is already pretty well-off
I wish. I'm just still too young to have acquired any debts yet. My monthly bills:

Cell phone £20
Internet £16
Food £80
Rent £140
Petrol: £40
OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM       
whoops i guess i misinterpreted something then
!!!

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 05:14 AM       
My friends all bought really cool new cars like a couple of years ago. If you're young in the UK anybody will give you credit. So my friends all took it and pay their monthlys. I didn't because I really hate having to owe anyone money. So I've been saving all this time and have been driving a Citroen Visa for the past 3 years:

You Better Recognise Bitches!

I've been the joke to my friends with their new cars but whatever, this thing is a badass machine! It reaches speeds of up to 60 mph!! Most people can't even comprehend that kind of speed short of expecting to see a flux capacitor.

Mocking aside, I really like this car. It's like a bad kung-fu movie. You love it because it's so terrible.

edit: Oh, and it cost me £40 at the time. It's value now? I pay the council £120 to take it away. Seriously.