Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Forum Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM       
i finally sent mine off, it was 8 bucks to mail which made me happy because everyone else was spending like 9 :0
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM       
That's stickin' it to THE MAN. You've got the SYSTEM figured out, Noob3. :o
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM       
i was sorely tempted to abuse my powers as mail guy to send my package overnight for free
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM       
Wow big surprise Chojin got Noob 3 and Willie got Chojin
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 07:57 PM       
fartin do you want some cookies too i can make you a whole batch of :/ ones
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 08:00 PM       
haha
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
fartin do you want some cookies too i can make you a whole batch of Oh Well ones
That's ok thanks :/ I bet I got Buhda who said "oh great I got a gay"
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:25 PM       
no i got a different gay
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 05:11 PM       
im still waiting for mine ;o
Mocker
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 04:22 AM       
Oh hey I guess I have to defend my present now but I will do it here becusae nobody wants to hear my bellyaches and also because that thread is not about secret santa letters and this is really close to being a secret santa letter.

I actually spent more time getting a present than I let on. I spent two afternoons shopping. Many of the things I saw seemed uninspiring. Then I thought of Silly String, which I REALLY had to tear my city apart to even find. Getting people together for a silly string war seemed like good fodder for a picture story, or at least I thought so. I also had unrealistic expectations as to how much silly string actually cost, and how much I could get with 20 bucks. I imagined maybe twice the ammount. 8 cans of silly string would have been impressive right? I can remember getting ONE can of silly string as a present as a kid and it running out like a flash, and being sad. I also thought of the poison notes joke while buying the silly string, which I now commited to because I had spent so much time running around town trying to find any.

I woke up pretty late on the day of the deadline and I had about five hours to pack the silly string before the post office closed. I realized I needed to spice up the gift. Then a genuine paranoid concern over the poison notes came over me. So I wrote the letters. And I tried to make them funny! It'd be like a singer writing someone a song as a gift, or an artist painting a painting as a gift! I'm not any of those things. I am a sorta-funny guy. SO i wrote a sorta funny letter! Then, another sorta-funny letter!

I was proud of myself for coming up with a present that wasn't just a bunch of random stuff, and tried to get a present that was conceptual and also an experiance in of itself... not to put people down who DID send random stuff; I had a ball with spenglers present and immediately after I got done playing with his stuff, I started to silently panic to myself and I truly regretted not going with the randon approach for Dr. Boogie's presents.

So yeah, the present kinda sucks. But I tried, alright? Honest.

Merry Christmas, and suck my dick

Nah I don't mean the thing about "suck my dick," I'm just blowing off steam, you know? we're cool right?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 05:11 AM       

Thanks for clarifying that Jixby, at least we know you did try. That's weird you had such a hard time finding silly string though... just cuz I can't even think of a time that I've been in a toy store or party supplies store that didn't have seemingly unlimited supplies of it.

Your letters definitely showed plenty of effort, but yeah, from an outsider's point of view and a recipients point of view, without any explanation, the cans o' silly string definitely seemed like a minimal effort/last minute kind o' gift. Don't worry though, we're not saying you pulled a "zeldasbiggestfan" or anything.
Mocker
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 05:47 AM       
The lack of toy stores in redding is disgusting. I was sad to find out that the two big ones I remembered as a kid don't even exist anymore. The one in the mall is toast; the closest thing resembling a toy store there is a GAME AND PUZZLE store (yeah thats fine if you're a nerd) Toys 'r' us got torn down becuase kids nowadays enjoy camera phones instead of toys. I guess all of kiddom collectively decided that they in fact DO wanna grow up
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:01 AM       
Damn, isn't Redding like a suburbian area too? Cuz most areas like that are flooded with toy stores.

So no toy stores in Redding. Please explain to me: why do you live there?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:20 PM       
I know I'm in no real position to comment on this since I pretty much shit the bed with it last year, but it seems like everyone's a little too anal about it this year. I can understand why, to a degree, but I think if it had stayed small like last year and you didn't HAVE TO MAKE A FUNNY STORY FOR THE PEOPLE TO LAUGH AT along with the pictures, it'd be a lot more relaxed.

I'm not trying to say it completely blows ass or anything, I just think sending funny/cool gifts to people who've been here for a while seemed like more fun than a bunch of try-hards making lengthy posts full of WACKY pictures that aren't all that funny but get a ton of "AW THAT WAS REAL GOOD DUDE!" posts nevertheless. There've been a few good ones but for the most part it seems like a project a teacher would force you to do in elementary school.

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM       
There is no requirement to "make a funny story", it's just encouraged. The rules state that the only thing you HAVE to do is post pictures of the items you got.

And I think this year's event is going better so far and the posts are much more entertaining.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM       
Well, this is the first time I've been involved in something that I want to post something fun...I wish that I had of sent more stuff to Spengler. I'm waiting until Friday when my kids can help (my daughter knows how to use the Mac movie thing better than me). Not everyone can do something fun and it's fun to see that atleast some of the long time Mockers are actually giving and not a bunch of jerks...
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM       
Bah! It's pretty obvious that at this point anyone who didn't post a story would be shit on by nearly everyone else in the event. Just seems like more than the minimum is more than expected :O. That's not to say that zelda shouldn't have been given shit and I think he should be banned because that was horribly cheap and unfair.

I disagree about this year being more entertaining though. While there's definitely more participants, I just can't even bring myself to sit through an entire "story" from some new person that I don't give a shit about. Jixby's stuff was good, and I imagine that chojin, schimid, ninja and a few others will have some funny stuff again, but I kinda don't even bother reading the stuff that accompanies the pictures of the newer people.

I'm just not gonna say anything else if I can help it because I'm sounding like a disgruntled "vet" when all I wanted to do was say that last year was better

Edit: The fact that there was a kid who looked like he was 10 entered in this was hilarious though.

That was very funny. Well done.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 07:39 PM       
I kind of agree with Zomboid Part of why I haven't posted my pictures yet is my paranoia about making a story (I thought it was required, and I have had some ideas, but every time I think about doing it I get awashed with that "I'm not as funny as those guys" paranoia) although the crux of the biscuit is that it's finals week and I have a lot of shit I have to do, which will thankfully be over Friday. I'm going to post pictures then if not sooner.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM       
I honestly don't care if someone posts a story or not. If someone feels like they need to, well that's their own problem. All I've asked for people to do is post the pics of the gifts they got and tell us all who their Secret Santa is. Simple as that.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 01:38 AM       
I just read through the whole pictures thread and some people did some funny stuff.
I think Jixby has to win as he obviously put a whole bunch of effort into making his videos and, apart from a few bits which I thought missed the mark slightly, they where extremely funny.

Willie's presents where really good and it looks like he put alot of thought into them.

Oh, and I quite liked MLE's post because it had a cat in :/

I guess I somewhat agree with Zomboid that I don't care about the new people that have never posted outside the secret santa thread. Can't really see how they would enjoy it either :/

Either way it's been a good effort this year!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 02:07 AM       
Well IIIII enjoyed their posts you pretentious faggots
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM       
I'll be getting my film back near wednesday for those interested.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM       
Man, how the fuck can anything compete with Willie's horror tree

I am jealous
OH GOD
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 04:10 AM       
i don't even want that movie
OH GOD
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 04:36 AM       
srsly i'd like to remove myself from competition for this movie