Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2003, 03:37 PM        Ari Fleischer stepping down
I've only heard the most cursory information on this, but doesn't anyone else find it a little odd that the Bush Administration has as much employee turnover as your average McDonald's? Why can't they keep anyone on staff?
________
GAY LEATHER

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 06:05 AM.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 19th, 2003, 03:59 PM       
The Bush Administration is too unnatural.

I mean, seriously, what kind of entity has a Bush, a Dick and a Colin? People can handle the pink and the stink well enough, but having all three is just awkward.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 19th, 2003, 05:10 PM       
While I'd love to read something into Fleischers departure, its pretty commonplace for inner circle Whitehouse staff to resign before the second term campaign begins to heat up. It may well have more to do with not wanting such a gruelling job for four more years.

They will be hard pressed to find a boob big enough to fill Fleischers boob shoes. He was the only person on board whos sentence mangling rivalled the boss.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 19th, 2003, 05:21 PM       
An example of this Master at work. He will be missed, at least by lovers of really bad english.

Q: The other question about numbers is just to set the record straight. On the visit to the aircraft carrier, I believe you told us from this podium that the reason the President had to take a jet out was because the carrier would be hundreds of miles offshore. And as it turned out, it was way, way less than that.

Fleischer: Correct. Correct.

Q: Were you misled?

Fleischer: No, the original planning was exactly as I said and when I—when I announced it, that was exactly how the plan had been anticipated. And then, the President wanted to land, exactly as I told you on the flight out there, which was the day of the trip when we knew the exact—or when we knew how close the carrier was. The President wanted to land on it, on an aircraft that would allow him to see an aircraft landing the same way that the pilots saw an aircraft landing. He wanted to see it as realistically as possible. And that's why, once the initial decision was made to fly out on the Viking, even when a helicopter option became doable, the President decided instead he wanted to still take the Viking. But, no, that was all part of the original planning.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2003, 10:00 PM       
http://www.msnbc.com/news/915633.asp?0cv=CB20