Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lil' Johnny is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:49 AM        FINAL FANTASY 8
I picked this up for my PC a few days ago. Holy fuck.
Despite the fact that this is graphically the buggiest game I have ever played, I think it's pretty good. The cinematics are beautiful, and the field graphics arent too bad either, when they work. The story, I've heard, gets to be pretty crappy later on, but right now I think it's good. Especially when compared to 7.
"Draw Magic" is gay and almost feels like I'm playing Pokemon, but I do enjoy junctioning "poison" to all my weapons. It's like I've got a team of ninjas :D
GFs make fighting far too easy. I just summon Shiva 2 or 3 times and I've won a boss battle. They should've made some hind of MP-ish system for summoning, since it makes you virtually invincible. >_<
But the thing I hate most by far is Selphie. What an annoying fuck.
Despite some gay stuff in it, I don't hate it so far, and even if I start to, FF8 will probably be the only thing I'll play for at least 2 weeks.

Discuss!
(And please, discuss something other than how I'm posting about an old game. )
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 05:32 AM       
Later on in the game summoning becomes completely useless.
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 09:36 AM       
Drawing can be pretty gay (especially when you want 100 of something) but junctioning becomes extremely important later on, especially if you want to beat up ultimate/omega weapons, but trying to find the exact combination you want can be a nightmare.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 10:56 AM       
Selphie may be an annoying character, but she has the best limit-strike in the game.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:44 PM       
It's been common consensus that other than FFIX, this entry is pretty universally despised....

...But fuck them. FFVIII is my favorite of the PSX generation of Final Fantasy.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 04:49 PM       
Wait wait wait...SELPHIE has the best limit break?
I mean full-cure is helpful once you get it, but compared to Squall's Lion Heart, it's almost nothing :/
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
It's been common consensus that other than FFIX, this entry is pretty universally despised....
Fuck you IX was a masterpiece.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM       
He never said it wasn't, idiot.

And either change your name or get off the boards. There's only room for one Nazi here.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 10:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
Quote:
Fuck you IX was a masterpiece.
I refer you to the part where I said I personally didn't like FFIX at all... oh wait. It's not there?

Hmm. Your best bet is to avoid that itchy posting finger you've got there. From the sounds of you it's better suited in one of your bodily orifices anyway.

It's a good thing you posted that. I didn't know if the Stupid part of your screen name was a misnomer.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 11:19 PM       
Quote:
FFVIII is my favorite of the PSX generation of Final Fantasy.
I liked Final Fantasy 8 to but I fucking hated how the game played. I remember getting all the way to the last guy and having to fight Ultimacias GF and expecting him to go down with relative ease like all the other guys I'd foughten so far and he would fucking kill all my guys in one attack. I mean was I playing it wrong or something or does the game make it impossible to beat the fucker without having 9999 life on all your guys? I had to run around the castle drawing winds (windagagas or whatever) from random enemies for like two hours before I decided it would be faster to just restart the game from the very beginning.

EDIT: 9 definitely had some of the coolest cinemascenes in the final fantasy series but overall the game was just gay.
Forum Virgin

werd123 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 04:00 AM       
Why didn't you get the PSX version? Then you wouldn't be complaining about the bug's.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 04:32 AM       
Selphie's limit break had a chance to get an attack that was an instant kill against ANY enemy, including bosses and the Weapons.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 08:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Selphie's limit break had a chance to get an attack that was an instant kill against ANY enemy, including bosses and the Weapons.
Thats the one.
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 08:53 AM       
I honestly don't remember that one :/
I do remember Quistis' Degenerator which killed pretty much every non-boss on the screen however
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 10:43 AM       
FFVIII is prety much the best game ever. I don't know how the PC version is, but the PS version wasn't buggy at all. How I love that game. They better update VII and VIII for PS3, so that I can waste another 200 hours...
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 11:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Melvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Thats the one.
It's called "The Rapture." It's really fruity, but you end up praying you get it against hard bosses.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 11:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by werd123
Why didn't you get the PSX version? Then you wouldn't be complaining about the bug's.
The graphics are just as (if not more) buggy on the PSX as they are on the PC.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 02:44 PM       
No, they're just grainy and gay on PSX.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas
9 definitely had some of the coolest cinemascenes in the final fantasy series but overall the game was just gay.
I would love to hear you explain how FF9 was gay.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 03:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Quote:
9 definitely had some of the coolest cinemascenes in the final fantasy series but overall the game was just gay.
i beat it, and then it freezes on the ending....

tip for ff8!!!! junction 100 sleep to your attack. then when you hit somebody, they will sleep, and you can draw all the magic you want out of them with out them attack you! and with 100 sleep, they dont wake up for like ever, or at least till you hit them....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 03:26 PM       
If you wanna be a stat whore, don't level up AT ALL until you get Cactaur and Bahamut. Then get Bahamut's 4 slots skill, and equip Cactaur's skills that give you a bonus stat point when you level. Then go to the islands of heaven and hell (where there are plenty of ultima/meteor draw points as well) and level up to 100. Now see how meaningless junctioning will be.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Sep 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Quote:
Your main character is wearing a bib and at the end when it shows him running through the tree roots Other than that I just didn't like the game, it's probably because I thought all the characters were gay except for the guy in full body armor and maybe the red headed guy. Also I fucking hated trance I mean what was the point, it took forever to work it up and if I remember right once your trance bar was full it would activate automatically and when your forced to use it on the weakest monster in the game the fucking move has the audacity to turn you pink, gay. I also hated the way summoning worked, you only got the full animation the first time you used it and when ever it got a critical hit, I know having to watch a summon clip over and over again can get annoying but I still like to see it a few times. Also what was up with Kujo he looked so gay, I know its a tradition in the series to have the main villain look as queer as possible but christ I honestly couldn't tell whether or not he was a guy or a girl, and what th fuck was up with Necron? I mean he looked cool but he seemed to come out of nowhere, and then what was with Kujo and the main character getting all friendly at the very end of the game, how gay can you get and back to the fucking tree roots, whose bright idea was it to have the main character run through fully cgi'd tree roots in his normal walking around crap graphics, how unfathomable gay can you get. I also hated the one thing were the game would give you the options to see what other people were doing.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 04:45 PM       
Junctioning Pain is even better than junctioning Sleep. You can get pain from most monsters in the old shitty place where Odin lives. Pain causes sleep, blind, and berserk, as i remember.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM       
Hadas: You thought Vivi was gay?

As for Kuja being a queer, it is rumored that in the Japanese version "he" was female but the translators were apparently all sexists who thought women belonged in the kitchen making them pie and couldn't be supervillans, so they gave ol' Kuja a sex change. Which is a believeable theory, considering that
1. No self-respecting guy would parade around in a thong and a bare midriff,
2. He/she is always acting girly, and
3. Kuja's figure is feminine and not guy-ish at all. I mean, come on. Look at his/her hips:

Those are totally woman hips. A man would have to cut off his testicles and take estrogen pills during puberty to get hips like that.

Furthermore, the lameness of Ziddy's bib was made up for by his tail. Because after all...

Guys with tails get more tail ;<
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 05:39 PM       
I feel IX is the worst one on the PS and actually close to the bottom of all of them. It just felt like a wannabe FF, the storyline was stale and I also despised most of the characters.

I enjoyed FFVIII more the 2nd and 3rd time through. The first time I played through I was bitching about it too much to really enjoy the game. It didn't live up to VII, that's for sure.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim