Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:02 AM       
Wooooooo Lancer up in this bitch!

Too bad Spears don't exist yet, so I'm going to get some JP for Knight so I can equip him with a sword. Then I'll get Ignore Height, change back into an Archer and everyone is going to be in BIG TROUBLE.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:04 AM       
I've got a character who totally sucked no matter what class I put her in. Somehow she just kind of blew. But then I made her an Archer with some Time Magic and Teleport and suddenly she's raping everything sideways, even with a shitty Longbow for a weapon.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM       
I'm feeling like a huge badass now. I can be a Samurai if I want, but I'm sticking with Lancer until I get a few more abilities.

I'm one map away from ending Chapter 1, and I leveled my guys up a fuckton. Problem is, Ramza's at level 23 now, while everyone else is at lower levels, but random battles always raise up to the highest-level character in your group, even if you aren't using them for that battle. So MAYBE I should have Ramza sit a few out and let everyone get closer to the same level, then finish the chapter. I also want to get a highly-skilled Thief so I can steal a certain faggot's equipment. She's getting better at slutting it up, and I charmed 3 demons in my last battle.

Really, while enemies level up with you, the advantage is still in your favor, as they don't learn new skills. But at the same time, if you level up too much too early, you won't have the equipment available to you that will further increase your OWN stats to compete with tougher enemies. So I think I need to cut down on the powerleveling for now. At least until I get axes and lances and samurai swords.

Ramza is just a fucking killing machine. Monk + Armor + Accumulate = Unstoppable. My Priest even has Holy AND finally has the MP to use it. My Chemist learned Elixer and Remedy, and I have a new Squire I'm working up slowly but surely.

The game starts off with such a tough difficulty curve, but once you learn abilities and job classes, it becomes so much easier. I just hope that holds out throughout the game.

I also have to say that the Job System for this game is the best in any Final Fantasy game. Only FFX-2 comes close, but it doesn't have the same level of customization, just the ease of use. FF5's was customizable to a degree, but required WAY too much tedium in gaining job levels.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
The game starts off with such a tough difficulty curve, but once you learn abilities and job classes, it becomes so much easier. I just hope that holds out throughout the game.
It doesn't. There's a certain boss battle in Chapter 3 (I think) where you can get stuck inside a succession of plot battles if you're not smart enough to save outside of it. (I'm at this battle now, since I've been doing basically nothing but playing this for the past three days; I've got Ramza as a Samurai with 2-Handed Grip and Guts and I still can't get past this guy.) What I'm saying is: Make two save files.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM       
I actually do have two saves; One on each card. I found one of my cards completely empty, and I honestly can't tell if there was some sort of error, or if I just deleted them all and forgot about it (I have backups of some PSX saves on my PS2 cards). So I'm saving on each card to see if something happens.

I'm just saying, the difficulty the game starts off on is really rough on a bunch of new guys with no skills learned. But being able to eventually branch of and customize your characters really makes things easier on you. Sure, you may still face some enemies that will piss you off, but the overall game is easier to work with.

Also, I have an unbelievable amount of money. So much so, I can max out all my items and buy one of each weapon and armor type currently available for every character in my party.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:53 AM       
That was weird. I got into a random fight in the Zeklaus Desert and encountered a lone Knight and a lone Bull Demon. The Knight was a Guest on my team apparently, and not only that, he had incredible equipment (stuff that won't be available to me for four or five plot battles yet) and he was level 50. The Bull Demon was level 48 or so. Ramza is only level 39 on my game. The Knight was dealing about 300 damage a hit and the Bull Demon was dealing about that much to him. I ended up defeating the Bull Demon and I was hoping maybe the Knight would join my team, but he didn't.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:22 AM       
You should have had a decked-out Thief steal all his shit.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM       
Ninjas are truly my favorite in FFT.

The last play through I managed to get through the whole deep dungeon. That was quite fun and not as difficult as I thought it would be. I got most of the treasure but a couple of the not-so-awesome ones are gone forever.

Stealing all the Genji Equipment off of Elmdor was a enjoyable accomplishment as well. The Genji stuff isn't that awesome but it's "rare" at least.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Level 29 ♂
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:46 PM       
Quote:
You should have had a decked-out Thief steal all his shit.
It was good, but it wasn't THAT good. I'll be able to buy that stuff soon.

Besides, can you even steal from guests?
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM       
I thought so.

I finally decided to move on to Chapter 2. I got a spear now. And I can do propositions. I got a... Wyvule? Wyluve? Wooloovvvvve? Wyuvle. It's awesome.

TREASURE HUNTER LEVEL 1 BABY!

I was talking to my friend last night, and he reminded me of all the special characters you get, and how it's not worth building up all my guys right now, because sooner or later I won't even be using them anymore. Damn him for being right.

But I'm keeping my Lancer of Ultimate Destruction and my Priest of Kicking of Asses, and my Chemist of Knowing Every Fucking Skill. But I'm not worrying too much about levelling now.

I also took all of Gafgarion's items and gave them to my knight. Fuck him.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 24th, 2006, 06:03 PM       
You too, huh? Don't forget to steal his Blood Sword later. That thing's pretty sexy on a knight.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:25 PM       
I stole Agrias' stuff and gave to Ramza too. And I stole Ovelia's robe and gave it to my priest.

I also have a Black Chocobo now. But I think I'm going to get rid of him before he steals all my items for drug money and then contributes nothing to society.

Is there such a thing as too high a Brave stat? I know if Faith gets too high, your guys leave to join the church. But if Brave gets too high, does something happen?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:08 AM       
It's like you guys are speaking a whole other language or something!
Level 29 ♂
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:49 AM       
Quote:
Is there such a thing as too high a Brave stat? I know if Faith gets too high, your guys leave to join the church. But if Brave gets too high, does something happen?
Not that I'm aware of, except that I think you take more damage from physical attacks (but you also deal more damage, so.) But I know that having too LOW a brave turns you into a chicken. Literally.

But there are benefits to having low brave. Low brave ups the success rate of the Move-Find Item ability.

Edit: Then again, the only people I've had with maxed brave are my plot characters. (My Ramza has 95 now )

Speaking of Ramza, I have him as a Samurai with Two-Handed Grip and a Katana and he's dealing ~500 damage on a rear hit.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:08 PM       
Katanas appear to suck on any class not meant to use them. I had two Kikuichimojis (the third strongest Katana in the game) on my Ninja and they were doing 40-50 less damage than the third or forth best Ninja sword I had on her before.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:42 PM       
James, you have Legend of Dragoon, right? Have you played that one at all? I realized I have it but I've never played it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:58 PM       
I you have a Weapon Guard passive ability, or something equivalent to that, Brave influences it. The higher the Brave, the higher percentage of blocked attacks. I love it when they attack my monks and they have Hamedo. Priceless...
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
James, you have Legend of Dragoon, right? Have you played that one at all? I realized I have it but I've never played it.
Played a demo years ago, and I remembered kind of liking it. A long time after, it was a greatest hits title for $15, and I bought it. Never played it though.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:19 PM       
My mom picked it up at a garage sale a few years ago but I never played it. I picked it up today, and I must say that it has some of the best CGI graphics for a PSX game I've seen, and some of the worst music.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:29 PM       
Good CG's, Yes. But its too bad the game sucks Eskimo Balls.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:53 PM       
Super Mario RPG
Chrono Trigger
Breath of Fire II
Shining Force
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:21 PM       
Two of those, I beat, and one of them sucked.

BoF2 would probably be better played after the first one, which I might as well look into. Shining Force, I know jack shit about.
Oh God
Gurlugon is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:07 PM       
Too lazy to look through this thread, but how was Threads of Fate? I remember playing the OPM demo of it and it was pretty damned fun.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:09 AM       
I've come to the conclusion that with LoD they tried to make an anime into a game. A lot of the stuff is really flashy and unnecessary and seems to detract from the graphics quality of the rest of the game. I mean, fuck, this game was released in 2000, and the graphics during battles and on people are really sub-par. They're somewhere between FF7 and FF8, and it's not a good place.

And they have this sick obsession with making me fight two bosses in a row and not giving me a save in between.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:09 AM       
I'm kind of at a snag for FF Tactics. :/

I want to do the Propositions and get all the extras, because that's the kind of guy I am. Problem is it's hard figuring out where new ones show up. I just got Adventurer Level 2, and 3 new Props showed up in Goug. Which I only found out by going all the way back over there to check (after re-checking 3 other towns along the way). It wouldn't be so bad, except for the battles you fight during travel and racking up days to complete a job. And I believe some jobs are only available at certain times of the year in the game, which makes it worse.

I have a list of all the jobs and rewards, but no timeline in which the jobs will be available. It's just a little not fun. I wanna get on with the story.