Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:10 PM        need help sleeping
been having insomnia lately. I tried tylenol PM and milk, but i can't sleep at all. any help?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM       
Ever tried playing music? I used to fall asleep with my headphones on all the time...
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:38 PM       
Advice that helped me overcome insomnia was to remove all distractions like TVs & stereos from my bedroom & only go in there at all with the intention to sleep.

Plus staying up until I was falling over meant I learned to fall asleep quickly.

Also, Relax.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM       
White noise machine can help if you need dstraction.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM       
I listen to audiobooks. Sounds silly, but basically is works like this: either it helps you fall asleep, and if it doesn't at least you're not bored. Assuming you bought a good one.
He speaks truth!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM       
get some melatonin 1mgs and take one about a half hour - hour before you want to go to sleep
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 03:59 PM       
unless your in one of those weirdo countries where they arent allowed to sell it
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
smoek some bud
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM       
I use Nyquil. It'll knock your ass out good.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM       
Try working a day in your life!

Spoilers!
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
How long do you need to be deprived of sleep before you start hallucinating? I've never stayed awake longer than 48 hours, which is pretty shitty as far as wide-eyed benders go.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
i think 72 hrs ;o
OH GOD
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM       
depends on what kind of hallucinations you're talking about, i've had corner-of-vision hallucinations around 30 hours
kitatsdiuqil
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
One of the symptoms of prolonged sleep deprivation is hallucinations (10). This could also be related to the I-function since it is the system that integrates the input from all other areas of the brain. If the neurons composing the I-function become too taxed then the picture in the head that the I-function produces may be more dissimilar from reality than usual. The neurons, under pressure to continue functioning but unable to perform optimally, create an image useful enough for a person to see most of his or her surroundings. Metabolic activity in the prefrontal cortex can drop as much as eleven percent after a person has missed sleep for only twenty four hours (8). As a person loses more sleep or continues to receive less-than-adequate amounts of sleep the neurons become even more taxed and the I-function may begin to generate even less coherent images possibly resulting in temporary insanity.
insanity :O!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:39 PM       
I too get almost no sleep, but before I recommend something, what have you tried? I could go down a list guessing what you haven't tried, but fuck that.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
Have you tried becoming a Spaniard? They seriously sleep like half the day.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM       
omg hahaha
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM       
Thanks for the advice, I'mma go buy some of those nature sounds CDs, like the rivers flowing, etc. I tried tylenol PM, tried doing some excersizes, etc., but it just wasn't working. Hopefully it's just a weird phase. :P
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
How about use it to your advantage and be productive, like reading a book or building a birdhouse or something

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 08:00 PM       
Yeah, I've tried all that Doc Oc. If the natural way doesn't work, I can suggest other legal unnatural ways.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:37 PM       
I used to have insomnia. I would just be up days on end doing things with just a couple hours of sleep. To get rid of it, I'd listen to WJFK in Washington D.C., a talk radio station. They had shows I liked to listen to. I would turn everything off and listen to only that in the dark. It'd put me to sleep after a while.

That's why I love the fact that my DirecTV comes with XM Radio, specifically XM 202: The Virus. Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM       
I still have insomnia but I usually don't care anymore. I just watch tv or read until I fall asleep. If I have something important early the next day, I just take nyquil.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM       
Don't drink sodas and sugars.

Get all of your more important thoughts and concerns settled before you go to bed.

Don't be tired when you go to bed! You can't concentrate on sleeping if you do!

Don't drink alot of water! You'll ahve to pee if you do!

Relax! Play with legos or something! Puzzles balls are cheeks! Don't do them in bed though!

I can't remember all of them but there is a placard in the wellness center here with tips, I'll post more when I find it!

P.S. I agree with the music and sounds and such, but more importantly the music! I often stay up a little later just listening to music (I can't sleep with headphones and I don't like earbuds) but I find I get a lot of neat images and thoughts from them and by maybe half an hour I'm really tired, tired enough to go to bed! Get tired in bed and stay in bed! Get it?

P.S.S. (I drank alot of water! )
Fuck T.V.s! They're too much effort for me for some reason, I guess because I like being active!
spinning death metals
DJ Zelda sword is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
work out..run on a treadmill..do headstands..

Approach any cow with an empty bottle and play Epona's Song. The song will remind the cow of the pasture, and will give Link free milk.
OH GOD
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:05 AM       
eat an entire turkey before bed