Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM        Terraria
why am i spending all my waking hours playing this what the fuck oh god

in a nutshell, the game is 16-bit 2D minecraft with an emphasis on adventuring and combat.

after a few hours, the game turns into something like a standard RPG, where you go out and adventure and then come home and drop your loot off, talk to NPCs and buy things, etc. the thing is, "home" is something you made entirely yourself and there's something i can't really articulate about that. i run two servers of this, and we'll say things like "okay back to the castle", but the castle is a thing that we built--the game doesn't even know it's a castle, but there's no question that that's what it is.

i also wonder why human evolution and our species causes us to get addicted to games like this--why do we love to build things?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:07 PM       
Your home looks so much better than mine. Mine is just basic stone on stone with a little interior box built of wood where I started out. No furniture or anything other than the mandatory table/chair/torch combo except in my crafting room and my storage chest room. I just treat it as a place to go back to when I need to drop my shit off. I don't see the ivy whip in your list of items so I'm guessing you're using the jet boots?
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:57 PM       
Mine is a shack.

Two level shack.

To be exact.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM       
Mine always wind up as big towers with long, unremarkable rooms for the NPCs and some nicer room for me at the top. I like a little decorating, but it's mostly functional stuff for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I don't see the ivy whip in your list of items so I'm guessing you're using the jet boots?
The newest patch adds a hotkey for the grappling hook/Ivy Whip so you don't have to have it in your quickbar. I think the default key is "E".

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 04:55 AM       
Hot damn, I didn't know about that. Thanks Boogie. I really haven't played more than a couple of hours of 1.6, so I'll have to see how that works.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 05:23 AM       
My base is some kind of narrow tower with only the most basic things like the crafting stations and tables with chairs for the NPC...I´m actually not that much of a builder...noticed that already when I was still a kid, I´m better at destroying things than at building them :D
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 12:10 AM       
Here's a picture of my 'castle', which is more like a pyramid. A fun tip, the double doors prevent zombies from opening them during blood moons. They don't prevent the goblin invaders from tearing them down though.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 12:48 AM       
It was a blast back when it came out, but after collecting all the rare items and armor and what have you, I got kind of bored with it. I know they've added more content, but I haven't gotten back into it.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM       
i think i'm gonna buy this so i can recreate castlevania levels

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 02:00 PM       
hey guise my server is public now and it's pretty popular (avg 10 offpeak / 19 peak players)

JUMEAUX
jumeaux.servegame.com, port 7777

i'm running mods that let you protect plots of land and chests from ne'er-do-wells. basically digital real estate without the money

Last edited by Chojin : Sep 2nd, 2011 at 06:39 PM.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM       
just bought it so i'm gonna invade chojins server
ok so i build my shitty house after getting slain by zombies but i wanna know how to add doors also the guide was slain lol

Last edited by darkvare : Aug 25th, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
was never good
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM       
you need wood and a workbench to build doors
taco loving zombie
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM       
yeah found it after getting slain by some eyeballs i also joined your server fell down and got killed by a bat lol

was never good
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 11:15 PM       
id play there but you'd prolly ban me for having too much fun
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM       
i don't think theres cheeseburgers in terraria though
was never good
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
id play there but you'd prolly ban me for having too much fun
i've only had to ban 3 people so far!

1 of them kept going NAGGER COCKS NAGGER COCKS

the other two built a huge device designed to dump a ton of sand on my castle.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM       
you banned people for ruining your castle
taco loving zombie
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM       
i've been doing some digging and i'm getting tired of some weird worms that kill me everytime i reach certain depth

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM       
you gotta show those worms who's boss, man
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM       
you should've built a huge device that dumps all the sand that their huge device dumped onto your castle into their vaginas
was never good
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
you banned people for ruining your castle
...i don't get why this is unseemly
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM       
I just got the image of people kicking sand at you and you making a frowny face.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:52 PM       
I made a BK advertisement on your server Chojin. Find it before the company tries to distance themselves away from the tubs.
taco loving zombie
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 12:39 AM       
i built a shack and the guide revived