Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 03:40 AM        Weekly Movie Review: Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:03 AM       
Without a doubt, I need to see this film.
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM       
I refuse to read Mr. Burbank's review until I watch this fils, as I have kept it for more than two years on a shelf and have never watched (despite the fact that I do like some westerns). I have to make sure this movie is seen within this week.
Fanboy
Purple Man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 09:33 AM       
A good ol' fashioned 60's/70's era western, with a revisionist sense of humour. Definitely five pickles. (There is, however, the matter of that ghastly song this film spawned).
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM       
Paul Newman is the shit!
Forgets Passwords Easily
HeroliciousDeBlanc is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM       
Rules? In a knife fight?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM       
Max, you're so right, Burt Bachrach doesn't age well. Although the robbery/chase sequences in Bolivia, set to "South American Getaway" and sung by some uncredited (?) studio musicians are collectively one of the best musical-humor sequences of the era.

The movie is chock full of one-liners. Some of the best dialogue ever in a motion picture. Puts most of the crap that passes for motion picture entertainment in the 21st century to shame. "They're against the wall already!!" Outstanding.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 05:43 AM       
If you want to be a real man, this movie is required viewing.
1.21 Gigawatts!!!
McFly is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM       
Never seen this movie, but anything that has a musical montage to “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” just plain scares me. Maybe if I can sit through the horror that is that song, I can watch what seems like a great movie.
Ba dum dum dum dum
Alcibiades is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 09:59 AM       
This movie is simply amazing, I can't think of a single person I wouldn't reccomend it to. If you like drama, action, comedy... whatever. If you don't like movies I'd still reccomend it to you. Probably one of the single most accessible and entertaining films of all time, while at the same time immensly emotional and deep. The whole thing left me laughing and the ending left my crying. Maybe the only movie you can even compare it to is 'Little Big Man'.
Forum Virgin
Mojomajik9 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 06:01 AM       
"If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him."

Awesome review. I've always loved this flick. The ending is simply beautifully shot and the chemistry between Newman and Redford was just great. I would say this wasn't the first buddy picture. Maybe the old Hope and Crosby road pictures were the first real buddy pictures, but this certainly resurrected the genre and brought a real artistry to it. Great review!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly View Post
Never seen this movie, but anything that has a musical montage to “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” just plain scares me. Maybe if I can sit through the horror that is that song, I can watch what seems like a great movie.
Spoilers!
You may already be there.
Forum Virgin
TheSyndicate88 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM       
Fuck all you guys, 'Raindrops' is a great song lol