Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:19 AM       
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE STREET FIGHTER 4
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:23 AM       
It should've been Street Fighter 4.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:23 AM       
IT SHOULD'VE
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:25 AM       
I call Gouken "Sheng Long" sometimes
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
The Unicorn
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM       
SOMETIMES I CALL AKUMA "GOUKI"
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:29 AM       
I've never called him that but I might start sometime
The Unicorn
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:29 AM       
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:31 AM       
Oh yeah

I'm stoned.
The Unicorn
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:33 AM       
IF THEY PUT OUT MK VS DC THEY MIGHT AS WELL PUT OUT MK VS SF
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:37 AM       
Would've made a shitload more sense. Whatever happened to the doucheknuckle who listed every fighting game character?

Nevermind it was Durrsomething and it was Marvel vs. Capcom.
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69701245
The Unicorn
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:42 AM       
PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SIT THROUGH MK VS MARVEL AND CAPCOM VS DC BEFORE I SEE MK VS SF
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 10:20 AM       
I just played people other than friends online, and I won most of my matches. I feel invincible.

Why the fuck did I have allegiance to Mortal Kombat as a youngster?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM       
Because it's awesome.

Last week, a couple of my buddies came over around 5 so we could all go meet up with the others and GET OUR DRANK ON, but I was hungover and not ready, so I suggested that they play some street fighter 4 because I just got it.

They played like two rounds and said "hey, let's play mortal kombat vs dc." I dunno why, but I guess games like that are just easier for people to pick up and get into. The characters in MK vs DC are certainly a lot more recognizable too.

That was very funny. Well done.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM       
The same thing happened when I was hanging out with a group of friends. We played two or three rounds of SF4, they got tired of losing and put in MK v DC and everyone was pretty much even. The moves are harder to perform in that game, but they're usually so good that you only have to know one or two.

I was Green Lantern and did either the hammer or the hand the whole match.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM       
i finally have it please defy me

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
Yeah, I think MK vs DC is just cooler in the visual presentation, and that's what draws people in. That, and all the characters that they know. Anytime I was playing one of my buddies and I did one of the special moves that no one had seen yet, there'd be one or two comments about it.

Superman doing a flying punch, the Joker using a giant boxing glove gun, or anything else in that game just looks a lot better than anything in SF4. Don't get me wrong, I like both games a lot, but I like em for different reasons.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Yeah, I think MK vs DC is just cooler in the visual presentation, and that's what draws people in. That, and all the characters that they know. Anytime I was playing one of my buddies and I did one of the special moves that no one had seen yet, there'd be one or two comments about it.

Superman doing a flying punch, the Joker using a giant boxing glove gun, or anything else in that game just looks a lot better than anything in SF4. Don't get me wrong, I like both games a lot, but I like em for different reasons.
i hated the brutallities everything else was just dandy but i sucked with preety much every dc char so i returned to play sub-zero :/

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 05:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Seconded.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM       
King of Fighters is where it's at.

And the trailer for KoFXII looks really good. Best 2D graphics since Street Fighter III, I'd wager.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM       
I played this in a store with the arcade joystick add-on.

Couldn't jump for shit unless it was directly upwards, which ruined my usual strategy of picking Chun Li and hopping around like a flea on crack and spamming that Lightning Kick move she does.
has a woody
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM       
Yea, in-store controllers are always a nightmare to use. I don't know how people can break that shit, because my friend's PS3 arcade stick has taken a beating every night, but still functions just fine.

The Wolf
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
King of Fighters is where it's at.

And the trailer for KoFXII looks really good. Best 2D graphics since Street Fighter III, I'd wager.
Hey, wrong thread.

has a woody
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM       
Woops. Sorry.

I love Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I played this in a store with the arcade joystick add-on.

Couldn't jump for shit unless it was directly upwards, which ruined my usual strategy of picking Chun Li and hopping around like a flea on crack and spamming that Lightning Kick move she does.
I was only decent with that style of control on real arcades. Everytime I play on a console's arcade style controller I absolutely blow. Also like ShamWow said, store controllers are complete shite 9/10.
The Wolf
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Woops. Sorry.

I love Mortal Kombat vs. DC.
There was a comparison drawn between the two most recent titles released in the two most popular series in the fighting game genre. It's a bit different than all of a sudden talking about some second or third tier fighter that no one gives a fuck about.