Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:02 AM        McClellan: Fired, or just tired of lying for Bush?
I remember Bush making some remark about how this is a stable administration, but I don't remember so many 'resignations' in any other administration.

http://story.news.ask.com//article/2...D8H344FO3.html

McClellan Leaves White House Press Office

Apr 19, 9:58 AM (ET)
By NEDRA PICKLER

(AP) Wite House staff members, from left, Dan Bartlett, counselor to the President, Press Secretary...
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) - White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Wednesday he is resigning, continuing a shakeup in President Bush's administration that has already yielded a new chief of staff and could lead to a change in the Cabinet.

Appearing with Bush on the White House South Lawn just before the president boarded a helicopter at the start a trip to Alabama, McClellan, who has parried especially fiercely with reporters on Iraq and on intelligence issues, told Bush: "I have given it my all sir and I have given you my all sir, and I will continue to do so as we transition to a new press secretary."

Bush said McClellan had "a challenging assignment."

"I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity," the president said. "It's going to be hard to replace Scott, but nevertheless he made the decision and I accepted it. One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking in chairs in Texas and talking about the good old days."

(AP) Profile of the nominee for White House budget director, Robert Portman; two versions. (AP Graphic)
Full Image
McClellan was named press secretary in June 2003, not long after the United States invaded Iraq and had first been a deputy to Ari Fleischer in the job - a White House position with daily visibility rivaling virtually everyone there except the president.

Also, a senior administration official revealed another move in the ongoing shakeup of Bush's staff, saying that longtime confidant and adviser Karl Rove is giving up oversight of policy development to focus more on politics with the approach of the fall midterm elections.

Just over a year ago, Rove was promoted to deputy chief of staff in charge of most White House policy coordination. That new portfolio came on top of his title as senior adviser and role of chief policy aide to Bush.

But now, the job of deputy chief of staff for policy is being given to Joel Kaplan, now the White House's deputy budget director, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the president had not yet made the announcement.

The move signals a possibly broad effort to rearrange and reinvigorate Bush's staff by new chief of staff Joshua Bolten. Bolten moved into his position last week; Kaplan was his No. 2 person at the Office of Management and Budget.

At least for the time being, the promotion of Kaplan would leave Bush with three deputy chiefs of staff: Rove, Kaplan and Joe Hagin, who oversees administrative matters, intelligence and other national security issues.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:12 AM       
is he going to take a fall for Plame tho? is that what's happening here?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:38 AM       
I would think getting Mclellan under oath would be a lot of fun. Only Fitzgrald currently has Subpeona power, but OH I can fantasize about the midterms.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM       
"One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking in chairs in Texas and talking about the good old days."

Or in shackles.
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM       
Yeah, I thought that was hillarious.

Even given it's kindest interpretation (Ie. no prison sentence) what kind of tool looks around at the mess he is in, third most unpopular president of modern times, and thinks these are his 'good old days'? What's going to happen to him AFTER he leave office? Is he planing on being repeatedly raped by bears?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I would think getting Mclellan under oath would be a lot of fun. Only Fitzgrald currently has Subpeona power, but OH I can fantasize about the midterms.
I'll tell ya what would be fun for you: Investing in spellchecking and grammar software.
Mocker
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 09:26 PM       
The website you have requested has been cancelled.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 08:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
The website you have requested has been cancelled.
Wow, you are funny. I can just see how all the women flock to you because of your humor.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 09:09 AM       
And they flock to you to punch you hard in the face for being an absolute fucking twat, presumably?
Mocker
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 09:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Wow, you are funny. I can just see how all the women flock to you because of your humor.
I'm doin' alright.....

I hear chicks dig submarines.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 10:02 AM       
Oh, and their boobies pop right out for fat liar guys that faint out and hive up when the temperature changes.