Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 09:53 AM        Chess
So, I've been playing chess with my friends lately, and I can beat every one of them, except for one. This one guy has been wiping the chess board with me for about 3 weeks, and I'd really like to beat him just once.

My problem is that when I'm on defence he just marches through my troops and rapes the king and while I'm on offence he ignores most of my units and goes have a merry gang bang session with the poor lad.
- Clearly the gap between our skill is moderate

You guys have any strategies I could use to beat him? For example what pieces should I use to get the pressure on his side of the board and what pieces are best for defence? Would it be better to be on offence or on defence?

I'd appreciate your help
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 10:01 AM       
Chess is for nerds

Using your pawns is a good strategy. If you know how to set them up right at the very beginning you can make a very obnoxious blockade. Try practicing online with other players (if you want really good players you should try the pay sites. My dad was subscribed to one last summer for about 9 bucks a month, which is like half a Finnish peso or whatever so it shouldn't be too big of a deal).

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Idiot Genes
Odium is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM       
I only play casually, but I learned a lot by sitting with the board and going over games by top players. There are a lot of books out there too. Bobby Fischer wrote one (sorry, can't recall the name) and it is very informative and good for beginners.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM       
use uh some gambits and maneuvers
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM       
I used to play Yahoo chess with my friend and he kept kicking my ass, he later admitted to running Chess Master and getting his next move from the computer.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM       
I am the uncontested king of Chess
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 05:08 PM       
I contest that
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 05:16 PM       
Try and set up some forks with a knight midgame and try and think as many moves ahead as possible. I was lucky enough to take a chess class in high school and get a science credit for it. It sounds weird but you really should only play people who are better than you. That way it opens your mind up more.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:40 PM       
I only win at chess when it's drinking chess because I can hold my liquor pretty good for a skinny guy.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM       
Read chess books, there are a good 50-something beggining-to-end strategies that work 95% of the time if you memorize them all.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:07 AM       
Have you considered throwing a hissyfit, flipping over the board (spilling the pieces all over the floor) then telling you're friend you don't want to play anymore and that you think he's a jerk/knucklehead/nard/narc.

Then punch him. In the dick. Not really. The point will already have been made by the tantrum.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Have you considered throwing a hissyfit, flipping over the board (spilling the pieces all over the floor) then telling you're friend you don't want to play anymore and that you think he's a jerk/knucklehead/nard/narc.

Then punch him. In the dick. Not really. The point will already have been made by the tantrum.
We play chess at a pub and since I don't want to get thrown out I just have to take it like a man

Although I've been close to spilling the pieces all over the place
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 06:41 AM       
do that move where you can change the king and rook. i forget what its called. also, lots of xbox live chess would help because you can recore games....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.