Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:53 PM       
I totally remember playing the Mac version of oregon trail in my elementary school's computer lab

Macs were the SHIT
I likes PIE!
comhcinc is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM       
you mean the old Apple eII?

or is that before your time?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM       
My first forum was gamewinners.com . It was pretty terrible. Then I came here in like 2002 and it's the only one I post at regularly.

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned

23_ is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I totally remember playing the Mac version of oregon trail in my elementary school's computer lab

Macs were the SHIT
I remember playing it in elementary school too. The computer rooms had the last iMacs that didn't have flat screen monitors, they were huge and crazylooking.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
uh, I'm talking about these things
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:27 PM       
Man, you had imacs in elementary school? ;<

We had some IIes in the math department in high school, though they only used them to teach us LOGO or some bullshit where you used a tick to draw shapes with coordinates. I have no idea what we were supposed to learn from that.

However, my elementary school was more sophisticated and I think they had Mac Performas or some equivalent. My favorite game was My Own Stories, which was basically an electronic stickerbook. My second favorite game was the Mac version of Oregon Trail because it was very pretty :<

And then my elementary school burned down and all the pets died.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:28 PM       
Quote:
We had some IIes in the math department in high school, though they only used them to teach us LOGO or some bullshit where you used a tick to draw shapes with coordinates. I have no idea what we were supposed to learn from that.
I swear to fucking god I remember this

except it was a turtle
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM       
I remember playing on macs in elementary school, but by junior high all the computers had windows. I used to love going to my mom's office at the hospital and playing those discs with a ton of shareware games like bad toys 3d.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM       
Man, I should get a MacII again just for old times sake
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM       
I once punched a kid in the jaw in kindergarten because I was playing 'Mother Goose and Grimm' on the Texas Instruments computer and he wanted me to share.

Also I was the only kid in kindergarten that could fill out a multiplication table on that computer, but I didn't really know how to multiply, I'd just memorized all the answers.
Banned

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Also I was the only kid in kindergarten that could fill out a multiplication table on that computer, but I didn't really know how to multiply, I'd just memorized all the answers.
In my second grade class I was the first one to figure out that 28 times two is 56, about five minutes after the teacher asked.
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:36 PM       
I eventually learned multiplication for real a bit before 2nd grade I think, when my family bought me 'Number Maze' for Mac and I needed to know that shit to get the horse to the carrot.

I find that throughout my life I'm motivated by all the wrong things.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
Since 2+2 and 2x2 were the same I was convinced there was no difference between the two actions and was sent to an all-day time-out because I got into a shouting match with the teacher over it
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:38 PM       
do you see the error of your ways now
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:40 PM       
yes!

A similar incident happened next year in first grade because I refused to write with lower-case letters.

Also, all the fifth graders seemed like godly obelisks of maturity back then ;<
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM       
I knew plenty of kids in high school that never used lowercase letters ;< I think they stop caring after the 5th grade ;<

I also once got in BIG TROUBLE in the 3rd grade because we were doing this shit where we'd write a cursive letter over and over on this weirdly-lined paper and I was getting bored so I just made one REALLY WIDE lowercase 's'

The teacher came by and was all 'WHAT IS THIS' and I said 'THE WORLD'S LARGEST "S"' and she grabbed my paper, crumpled it up, threw it away, and made me do it all over again.

I think 3rd grade was the last time I wrote in cursive.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM       
That's funny, because 3rd grade was the last time I wrote in print :<
Banned

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM       
Quote:
I eventually learned multiplication for real a bit before 2nd grade I think, when my family bought me 'Number Maze' for Mac and I needed to know that shit to get the horse to the carrot.

I find that throughout my life I'm motivated by all the wrong things.
Oh I learned some multiplication so I could get points in some breakout / pinball type game, every time the ball ran into a ? on the map. I can't remember the name of the game but I can remember this mad-scientist-looking dude saying "YOU BROKE MY ROBOMATIC MACHINE."
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:48 PM       
We had some game on the mac with a mad scientist but I can't remember the name, and I really think I would have remembered arkanoid/breakout being on there :< The story was that you got turned into some hellacious doll and had to get through a bunch of puzzles to get back out. I think tangrams were involved.
Location: The trouble with computers, of course, is that they are very sophisticated idiots.
Et tu is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:48 PM       
BBS rules, I Had a C64 tho instead of an apple II. I had no knowledge of blue boxing so i could only phone local. Cool times.

Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now!

Ooh la la la Ooh la lay
There's a party in Paris Palais
Banned

Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:51 PM       
Quote:
We had some game on the mac with a mad scientist but I can't remember the name, and I really think I would have remembered arkanoid/breakout being on there :< The story was that you got turned into some hellacious doll and had to get through a bunch of puzzles to get back out. I think tangrams were involved.
Dr. Quandary.
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM       
YES.

FUCK THAT GUY.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:53 PM       
AH, this has turned into a memory thread. My first computer was an Apple IIC Not the c+.
My dad had mad cash back then I guess because they were not cheap when they first came out. Fuckers didn't even have a fan. You had to buy one externally after they found out that people left them on for long periods of time.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:54 PM       
Remember the old Super Solvers games

I was always horrified of the one that took place in the radio station, because of the sound effects
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM       
I think it was OutNumbered! or something