Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM       
What the fuck? You hate hearing kids talk about toys that they didn't grow up with? How often does that pop up in life? How often do you come across someone who tells you that they played with Transformers toys when they actually DIDN'T? How would you KNOW that they didn't?

Just because they stop producing the toys doesn't mean that they all disappear from the world; people play with old toys.

HOW WOULD THEY KNOW TO TELL YOU THAT THESE TOYS WERE COOL IF THEY HAVE NEVER 'even seen them'?
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot Kukuro View Post
Of threads/postings pertaining to all the crap from the 80's (He-Man, Cabbage Patch Kids, glo-worm, real arcades, etc.) labeled as ''nostalgic to me'' by someone who wasn't even alive in the damn 80's? Or even, for that matter, most of the 90's?

Does it annoy the shit out of you when peeps follow with, "I remember that!", and "Wow, I had one of those!", when the toy was discontinued or pulled from the market about 10 years before they were born? You'd know this, cuz you were the one playing with them. This is the crap you got for Xmas the year they were released, and it was the same crap that got taken away or canceled due to that little girl whose hair got eaten, or the fact that music had taken a turn, thus particular toys/shows became marketing bunk...

I'd like some insight on why peeps in my demo are considered old by web brat standards - but do a gallery on crappy board games or doll collectibles circa '86 and suddenly every 16 year old has to jump on the bandwagon and exclaim that he had 4 of them... about 8 years after it fell from grace, about the same time he was maybe a stain in his dad's underpants.
This is what you posted. I suggest you read it.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM       
Quote:
lol. Now I hate teenagers?

Have you ever considered reading the 25 Most Common Argumentative Fallacies? No, because if you had you wouldn't be beating a dead horse. You and your fucking presence makes me sick.
I hate it when people talk about argumentative or logical fallacies and they don't actually know what they are.
hot Kukuro is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I hate it when people talk about argumentative or logical fallacies and they don't actually know what they are.
That's almost as bad as peeps that try to save by committing a second fallacy after being called out on the first one...

I don't think it's so much reading the material that's there... you just have a problem with the processing of information part of it.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:27 PM       
The Leader you don't know who my avatar is, you don't know what the top 25 most common argumentative fallacies are, you don't know what He-Man is, nor have you been to a real life arcade.

Just kill yourself.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
That's almost as bad as peeps that try to save by committing a second fallacy after being called out on the first one...

I don't think it's so much reading the material that's there... you just have a problem with the processing of information part of it.
HOW MANY FALLACIES CAN YOU SEE HERE?
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
The Leader you don't know who my avatar is, you don't know what the top 25 most common argumentative fallacies are, you don't know what He-Man is, nor have you been to a real life arcade.

Just kill yourself.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
What the fuck? You hate hearing kids talk about toys that they didn't grow up with? How often does that pop up in life? How often do you come across someone who tells you that they played with Transformers toys when they actually DIDN'T? How would you KNOW that they didn't?

Just because they stop producing the toys doesn't mean that they all disappear from the world; people play with old toys.

HOW WOULD THEY KNOW TO TELL YOU THAT THESE TOYS WERE COOL IF THEY HAVE NEVER 'even seen them'?

Meh, sorry zhukov, I know it prolly sounds weird at first, but the thing of it is when you DO know people that have never had a Cabbage Patch, or played with Mousetrap, or seen a single episode of Gem/MCoG suddenly butt into your convo cuz 80's memorabilia has lately been a hot button subject. It's on some site you all frequent, so right there is an opportunity to jump in and try to join the crowd.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM       
Quote:
Meh, sorry zhukov, I know it prolly sounds weird at first, but the thing of it is when you DO know people that have never had a Cabbage Patch, or played with Mousetrap, or seen a single episode of Gem/MCoG suddenly butt into your convo cuz 80's memorabilia has lately been a hot button subject. It's on some site you all frequent, so right there is an opportunity to jump in and try to join the crowd.
YOU DON'T THINK THAT THEY STILL MAKE CABBAGE PATCH DOLLS OR MOUSETRAP? YOU IGNORANT FUCK
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
HOW MANY FALLACIES CAN YOU SEE HERE?

Just one, my friend.... unfortunately, just one...
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM       
How do you know someone hasn't played with that stuff? Especially since it's most likely over the internet and you don't know anything about them.

But really, when has anyone encountered this problem? 16 year olds jumping on the cabbage patch kids bandwagon?! When did this occur? Why would it occur?
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:34 PM       
Quote:
Just one, my friend.... unfortunately, just one...
So you see a fallacy in your own post? You're just really inarticulate aren't you?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:36 PM       
There's a mention in the rules and guidelines about "trying to be funny" and how you're not supposed to. Part of the rules you know. Take a chill pill.

<3,
MLE
Super Moderator of I-Mockery
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM       
Consider it a verbal warning.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM       
I'm breathlessly waiting for his reply.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM       
There isn't one.

Man, I hate kids that say they played with 80s toys! They stopped making that stuff ages ago!

Uh, what about if they were given the toys by someone else rather than buy them brand new?

Oh, I'm not talking about those genuine ones, just the ones that pretend! I hate that shit!

How do you know that they are pretending?

Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:50 PM       
Seriously though, I really want to see his amazing answer. He's been posting for ten minutes so I know it's going to be good.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM       
He's trying to be funny, edgy, cool, and above all else, better at fighting on the internet than us vets.

Won't work, brah.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM       
Man, we are just too fucking cool.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Consider it a verbal warning.

Can I ask how I was trying to be funny? Or maybe, since you're certain I was trying, why I didn't get this warning when I made this post, instead of after the crap I'm not responsible for?

Because I wasn't.

I don't know if this is pure reprimand for my response to your attempt to be funny by calling someone you don't know lame, for apparently... calling people they don't know lame, or if there's some kind of seniority/popularity aspect I can't seem to find in the rules section, but... I'm sure you do what you feel is necessary in the interest of a pleasant and respectful forum experience that has absolutely nothing to do with nuturing the wrong peoples' rudeness, ego-mania, ill-logic, and unwarranted assumptions.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
Do not reply to everything.
If you absolutely must reply after everyone's posts, do it in the Chat Room thread in General Blabber. Otherwise this will be seen as an extreme nuisance. One of the first things an admin looks for when investigating a nuisance is the number of times they post in a day. New people should keep it under 10 posts per day. If you're registered as hot Kukuro, your post limit will be 5 a day (so make them count, son!)
This is not a flame board.
Nor is this a place to start your future stand-up comedy career. Be yourself. Unless you are obnoxious, in which case you should try to be someone less obnoxious. Do not try to impress us all with how funny you think you are. You're not, and we will remove you if you can't cut it out.
You have posted thirteen times today. Seriously, cool your jets.

Last edited by MLE : Nov 27th, 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM       
He wasn't trying to be funny. The funny just comes naturally.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM       
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM       
I'm not replying to ''everything''

I'm not flaming anyone - unless you didn't notice, it's been the other way around.

I'm neither ''trying'' to be funny or obnoxious. I'm posting in response to my own thread. The problem is not ''being myself''. Others not handling it too well is what gets annoying.

No, I'm not trying to be ''funny'', ''edgy'', ''cool'', or ''better at argument''. As far as I've read, that's what you're trying to avoid - which is why I'm confused as to why you seem to be reveling in the idea that you'd be better at it, anyway, as a ''vet'' on one website...brah.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 10:07 PM       
I'll check in on you in a few hours. If you haven't slowed your rolls by then, I'll help you out.