FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

neojester12 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 10:06 PM        Indigo Prophecy
Play it.

It's really cool.
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 10:45 PM       
Care to enlighten us as to what the game is like, or about? What's the plot, I really didn't catch it from the atari site.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 02:15 AM       
Basically, you black out in a public shitter, kill a guy then set out to find out what exactly happened.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 11:01 AM       
its pretty cool, but the section im at now where you got to find some book is pretty baffling. im sure ill figure out what to do soon

Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 02:55 PM       
I fucking hated it. The production values, if that term applies to video games are good, as is the dialogue, at least when compared to other games. But the flexible storyline they boasted about to sell the game is just an illusion. Nothing you do actually affects the narrative in any significant way. The storyline itself starts out well, but soon becomes muddled and turns into an avalanche of shit towards the end. Seriously, the plot just poops all over its pants in the last part.

Plus, there's no challenge in the adventure parts of the game. Basically, you just need to put two items together and that's that. The only sequences that provide any challenge are the MGS sneaky parts, and that's just because the camera is terrible. And the DDR bits, but if you set them to easy (and there's no reason not to), those are a breeze as well. The game is over in about six hours.

But what bugged me the most was the fact that the 'director' obviously just wanted to make a movie and sacrificed gameplay to do it. There are chapters when all you do is move the mouse in a direction to sit up in bed, do another mouse push to get out of bed, and then watch a cinematic. In the action sequences, it's painfully obvious the guy just felt like making people flip out like in the Matrix, and the only way to get it the way he wanted was to rob you of any chance to actually do something besides playing Simon says with color codes.

As an adventure game, it fails, and as DDR it... well, who the hell wants to combine adventure and DDR anyway? It's a bad movie, and a barely interactive game.

Oh, here's a mild tip if you haven't figured it out already, dudefather: Combine information in the book to two other information sources in the room.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 04:14 PM       
yeah im way past that bit now

yeah the game is in the murky depths of 'interactive-movie' but i terms of entertainment im enjoying it.

the 'sanity' meter (or whatever its called) doent really affect the game much, except when in my game lucas had his down to about 5%, meaning if i looked at a homeless person it resulted in game over

Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 04:17 PM       
Haha, same thing happened to me. It's the one before you climb the fence, right?
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 04:34 PM       
yeah :P

on a side note, its annoying that in the bonus scenes you can play a quick-reaction-button-thing (or QTE event as shenmue would call it) that you havent seen in the actual story yet, so parts of it where ruined for me beofre i had seen the 'properly' in the game

neojester12 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 10:29 PM       
Im serious, when you do it w/ Carla, CARLA DOSEN'T HAVE NIPPLES!

OWWWW

My ass is asleep!

It hurts like hell!
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 05:28 AM       
i believe she does.

anyway, as pjalne says the ending sucks, which is annoying as the game starts so well before it starts to get all retarded towards the end