Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 09:13 PM        The WTF Bus....in spaaaaaace.
I bet you thought you'd heard the last of the WTF bus. Surely there couldn't be more out there. Surely there was nowhere else for this theme to go. Surely we've exhausted the possibilities for small green novelty buses with a badly-rendered and somehow inappropriate assortment of passengers.

Well, a few ladies and mostly gentlemen, I'm pleased and frankly astonished to inform you that my Fleet of the Damned has been expanded.

I got a package from Dextire. I'm including a partial scan of the letter because he needs credit for what he did here.

That's right, I give you the WTF Bus....in spaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Crack open the box, you say? Try and stop me!

At first glance, this incarnation beats the others hands down on execution. There may be lead paint, but at least it's quality lead. I probably won't get tetanus/hepatitis/hemmorrhagic fever from mishandling it. It's compact, it's shiny, and the passengers in the bus actually match the ones on the box...something I wasn't aware was possible. Plus....it's got a key.

That's right, this bus isn't just a little bewildering to look at. If it's going to defy the laws of physics, it's gonna go all the way. It....does something. With bumpers.

Right! Right! It will return when meets an object. The theory is that the front bumper will hit a wall and knock backwards, so that the bus will travel in the opposite direction. I can't see the specifics because this version of the WTF bus has a fully functional bottom to keep prying eyes away. None of your repurposed tin cans from Calcutta gutters here! Or at least, if that's what they are, there's a thick coat of lead paint over them. The lead has something to do with cosmic radiation.

We'll get back to the key, though. First order of business, wonder what the hell makes them think this thing could simply drive through space. These creators are operating at a level a few rungs under the Great Space Coaster people. I could bend my mind around the bumper issue, I guess...slightly. I wasn't a physics major. I was a biology major and I was thinking more of what's gonna happen when this redheaded kid gets off at his space-stop without a helmet:

I'm picturing something like this, only smaller and cuter. But with the same music.

As you can see, besides him you've got the usual group of cosmonauts, 50s b-movie extras, characters from M.A.S.K. and I think some guy who grew up with Rosie from the Jetsons.

Although, seeing the font in which they've scrawled "Space Bus" on the side, maybe they're just a shitty space-themed metal band and they're trying to do the gwar thing with the only stuff left at the costume rental place.

A passenger in a yellow tracksuit and flu mask is ready to give someone what-for with a transistor stun gun thingy, and the scuba diver behind her is just content to stare placidly ahead. She knows what's up. On the WTF Spacebus, you don't ask questions.

Especially about that guy.

This guy's name is Yuri and the woman behind him is Petra. I haven't fleshed out their backstory yet but it's coming. Something about a hot space affair and no-tell motels with self-contained gravitational fields, like the buses. And radio-knobs-for-eyes in front of him is in on it. He likes to watch.

DESTINATION: SPAAAAAAACE.

Here's something that to me was an immediate indicator of the jump in quality. Look how the passengers in the back window are (roughly) the same as the passengers in the back side windows. They didn't, you know, bother to make them point the same direction (because let's not be ridiculous here), but they are the same characters.

But what I think we all want to know is, will it return when meets an object?

Click below to see the WTF Spacebus in action.

We are here to serve you!

Last edited by Kitsa : Jun 10th, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added a link to the original wtf bus post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM       
Loves it.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM       
Next, it will be the WTF Submarine.
You may already be there.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 10:22 PM       
Quote:
this guy looks like one of the indians from the original wtf bus in a space suit
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 10:27 PM       
That video made me crack the fuck up.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 10:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Next, it will be the WTF Submarine.
So many of them looked like displaced divers that I did, in fact, wonder if dyslexia was rampant in space and they all thought they were boarding the WTF sub.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 11:25 PM       
The backs at the back of the bus, are actually the backs of the people at the front of the bus.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 11:42 PM       
I thought you said the blacks are at the back of the bus so I spent like 3 minutes trying to find black people in the pics.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM       
I love that video.
Glad to see it actually (sort of) works.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 08:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
The backs at the back of the bus, are actually the backs of the people at the front of the bus.
I thought this for a moment, too, but there are subtle differences. I think you're right in regard to that being what they might have been going for (through some weird optical illusion that makes perfect sense in space).

However, the features of the robot (yellow ear thingies, for starters, and lack of antennae) match the robot in the back more than the robot in the front. The robot in the back window is gray, like the one up front...but the robot in the side window is sort of purplish. The scuba diver up front has two loops coming out of her head, but the one in back has only two small loops above her tanks in back.

I used to be good at those "spot the differences" puzzles, and I'm glad they prepared me for this.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
What stuck out for me was the steering wheel is behind the doors

Is it? I only saw it in the front window. It struck me as odd that there a)appeared to be a second driver, although in space I guess you need a copilot, even if you don't give her a steering wheel, and b)that there are doors on both sides of the bus. It might be some sort of airlock situation, but either the driver sits in the airlock or they're wafer-thin.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM       
I was referring to this pic

But on further review that is perhaps not a steering wheel, it may be something far more disturbing. It may be someone's head. So there may be a dude's head in the driver's lap. Is there some sort of weird space BJ action going on in this bus? Is this a space psychopath who is so brazen a killer that he carries the severed head of his victim around in space public transportation? A more innocent observation may suggest that it is a space helmet, but one has to wonder how safe you are being if you are holding it in your lap instead of wearing it.

I truly hope it is a steering wheel though

EDIT: The more I look at this though the more I see. Look at the right hand side of the bus, there's a missile equipped on the side. That's multitasking, you shuttle people across the universe and on the way between stops, you make a tactical strike on Omicron Persei 8. That's real innovation for you
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM       
I think he's getting ready to disembark, taking his helmet off. I can't figure out why they have their helmets on IN the bus and take their helmets off to get OFF the bus.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 09:00 AM       
I got a kick out of this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
We are here to serve you!
The space bus route sign says 'Space' I love that! It is delightfully vague
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM       
That video had me on the edge of my seat. This is amazing.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM       
These should be collected for an official I-Mockery article.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 05:07 PM       
Haha I think this is easily the best bus so far. I just love the concept of a bus that drives around in space, let alone the people and robots who are riding in it. Awesome find Dextire, and great write-up Kitsa! And yeah, somebody needs to find a WTF Submarine next... there's gotta be one out there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM       
So many WTF vehicles ... so little time.
You may already be there.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:21 PM       
You are the best at space
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM       
Weird, I always thought I kinda sucked at space.