Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 02:25 PM       
that lamb is so hot...
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Good idea. I think we should take this one step further and make the fags wear little dog collars that administer deadly shocks every time they think gay thoughts, too.
Such a small demographic group of people screaming for attention, so much so that you have to make accusation's that I would want you to wear leather collars and have parades
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:10 PM       
no, you're just being an ass about this, and you know it.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:29 PM       
What upsets you more Fartin, the fact of someone in your social circle disappointing you (in your eyes ) by revealing that they're gay with all the negative connotations you place on that or the fear that they may recruit your impressionable children?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
What upsets you more Fartin, the fact of someone in your social circle disappointing you (in your eyes ) by revealing that they're gay with all the negative connotations you place on that or the fear that they may recruit your impressionable children?
Again you have it ass backwards. go back to trying to be funny.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:56 PM       
I'm totally hip to this exciting and dangerous gay lifestyle! Maybe I'll give it a try!

Seriously Fartin, are you one of those people who thinks homosexuality is a conscious choice? Or possibly some kind of social virus? I don't know, I've never heard of straight guys taking a dick up the ass just so people would talk to them.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:03 PM       
Quote:
Seriously Fartin, are you one of those people who thinks homosexuality is a conscious choice? Or possibly some kind of social virus?
I believe people are born with more of there mother or fathers Genes giving them a level of homosexuality. I don't believe that it's a social virus, but I do believe that what I have said before "an arguement for gay's to be responsible and not give possibly lonely or shy impressionable young people the gloss of gay being cool and hip alternative lifestyle that will except them".
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 06:21 PM       
the level of mom's or dad's genes has nothing to do with it. if you're so interested it it, why don't you just go and research it instead of relying on people here to give you the sought-after information.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 06:31 PM       
I'd just like to add that the concept of dad/mom genes is really funny and tha I am henceforth adopting it. I'll be asking people if they're "straight like their dads" or "gay like their moms" and posting the various reactions here. Thank you. I love you.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 06:33 PM       
you actually get your grandparent's genes, technically. that's why a lot of genetically inherited things skip a generation.

and why aren't you on MSN, helm?

da blob is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM       
meiosis.

DUMBASSES.

WHAT THE FUCK?! "

(mburbank)
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:24 PM       
Here's my "I hope you guy's won't hate me" present http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=14135

You know I love you guy's no matter how gay you are
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 12:55 AM       
Honestly, I'd rather not be gay...I didn't really choose it, you know...It's just something I can't help.

It's kinda like telling people you're married or have a girlfriend/boyfriend, people don't need to know it, but it helps give insight into them as a person.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 06:52 AM       
...& it explains why you keep staring at their ass.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:24 AM       
I remember typing "meiosis" in papers I wrote in high school and MS Word never approved of it. I will be a lexicographer someday.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 08:10 AM       
MS Word has some ridiculously exotic words implanted into it (mostly names), but some fairly ordinary words it doesn't recognize at all.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 10:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
you actually get your grandparent's genes, technically. that's why a lot of genetically inherited things skip a generation.
That's a misinterperatation. There are a handful of things like male-pattern baldness and colorblindness that only appears to skip a generation because the parent that it is passed through (the mother) cannot be effected by it (they can only be passed to the opposite gender child as well). Genes like eye color and height come from the family genes. Meaning each parent contains any number of genes that it can pass to its child, whether they show signs of it in themselves or not. For example, both parents may be short, and all the grandparents may be as well, but an uncle may be exceptionally tall so that tallness is in the parent's genes and may be passed along. There is a higher chance if it is from the parent though.
And example is that nobody on both sides of my family has large breasts except for my mother and my sisters, so that was immediately passed on. And on the other side of that coin, my grandparent's on my father's side had rather straight teeth, but I was the only one in my family to have naturally straight teeth without the need of braces.
So there is no distinct place where your attributes come from, it is just randomly inserted from a cache of genes from each parent.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 01:24 PM       
I saw a movie about gay gay people and the hip, cool gay lifestyle looked rather enticing. So much so, as a matter of fact, that I'm thinking about taking a dick up my ass tonight. Does anyone know how to dress and where to go to pick up the homosexuals? Thank you.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 01:56 PM       
Supafly, have you ever worked with Punnet Squares? They're tons of fun, and they prove in short order that your traits are determined by your grandparents. My heart sinks because I can't draw one very easily in a text box.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 03:50 PM       
Actually, when I meet somebody, I don't presuppose anything about his or her sexuality. Maybe it's the generation gap, eh fartin?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 09:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
Supafly, have you ever worked with Punnet Squares? They're tons of fun, and they prove in short order that your traits are determined by your grandparents. My heart sinks because I can't draw one very easily in a text box.
I'll probably have to check them out then.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 08:28 PM       
WHY U CHECKING OUT YOUR MOM AND SISTER'S TITS?
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 10:22 PM       
thank you for the backup on the punnett squares. i forgot the name of them at the time i made the post about grandparents genes, so i didn't being them up :>
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 12:40 PM       
Code:
  X   Y
X XX XY
X XX XY
punnet square for gender shows that you have a 50/50 chance of male/female offspring. they get bigger when you have recessive traits and I haven't studied genetics in years, but saying you get your traits from your grandparents is as true as sayign you get them from your parents and as true as saying you get them from your great grandparents.

chromosomes (your genetic material) come in pairs (normally), and you get one from each parent. [edit - I don't know what possesed me to type this next sentence, as it is totally off] as they got one of each pair from their parent, there is approximately 50% of your grandparents genetic code simply not present in your genes.[/edit - that should be 75% shouldn't it?]

if we represent chromosome pairs as Aa = dad's dad, Bb = dad's mom, Cc = mom's dad, and Dd = mom's mom then your chromosomes will be

Code:
    Aa     Cc
B AB aB  CB cB 
b Ab ab  Cb cb

D AD aD  CD cD
d Ad ad  Cd cd
so you've got 16 possible chromosome pairing outcomes, or a 1/16 predicted chance for any particular pair showing up in a grandchild. BUT once the children of the original generation are conceived, their genetic material is a matter of reality, not probability, so their offspring will NOT have the same chance as the punnet square for having a particular gene pairing.

or i could have just said punnet squares are for predictions of descendent's traits. they don't prove that you get your trait's from your grandparents, except in the sense that your parent's got their traits from your grandparents, and you got your traits from your parents, so yeah, you have a subset of your grandparent's gene pool.

i'm not sure that was very clear at all, and it's been a while so someone correct me if i made mistakes.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM       
Traits are very interesting. I have a mix of traits from my mom and dad that I only have, that my brother and sister didn't get. I'm the only one that is artistic/musical (mom) and mechanical (dad) stubborn (dad).