Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Fuck you and your tips. Go do construction or something else if carrying food to people is just impossible without them paying more than the price of their food and drinks.
Bro, during the 2 weeks I worked as a waiter, I witnessed my trainer collect a check for negative 15 cents. Your tips are taxed in addition to your server income (which is about $2/hr), and is literally the only money you collect in that job. In the US anyway, maybe your confusion is due to some antisocial Canadian customs I'm unfamiliar with.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:14 AM       
Your tips were taxed? I'm not sure if they do that here. What is minimum wage there? I get the impression that American servers have it rougher than Canadian ones, but that's maybe just because I've never worked at that kind of job.

That was very funny. Well done.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:17 AM       
minimum wage varies by state but is usually about $7.50. thing is, regular minimum wage doesn't apply to waiters, so for them it's about $2 before taxes.

tips are taxed but no one reports them, so the restaurant instead assumes your tips based on a lowballed average. it's still usually more than enough to erase your hourly pay from income tax, though.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 12:18 PM       
Maybe next time unions and workers rights come around you wont be so quick to dismiss them, people of the USA.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM       
I'm pretty sure our laws here prohibit that kind of unfair treatment. I know that for unions, especially, Canada is more open to them. Poor working class Americans

That was very funny. Well done.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 12:59 PM       
Don't pity them, or else they'll never learn.

Maybe all you waiting staff should come to Australia, the minimum wage is $AU15.51 per hour here. That's big dollars.

God, that's all we need. Fat, lazy Americans taking all our jobs.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM       
It's shitty the way this country treats servers, yes, but I prefer it here over anywhere else. That's pretty awesome that Australian servers make that kind of money, but you have to live in Australia. I can make a bill in five hours and be perfectly satisfied that I don't live in Australia.
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM       
Good thing we are both right where we want to be then, because I would sever limbs for the chance to live in this country.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM       
Then again, I could also make thirty bucks in five hours.