Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:33 AM       
guys do you think the ep. of samurai jack that portrayed the persians as robotic minotaurs was racist too
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:07 AM       
I honestly don't think anybody goes to an action flick ready to overanalyze. Could be why you're having a problem finding one person to agree with you. :/
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:31 AM       
YOU CAN TALK
YOU CAN TALK
YOU CAN TALK

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:44 AM       
300 stinks

Boo to 300
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 06:29 AM       
Hooray Beer!
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 06:42 AM       
Zomboid I didn't read yer post. LAST WORD NANANANANANAAAAAAAA
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM       
even if i tried my darn hardest to take this as a "highly-stylized action packed cool fighting/dying sparta sparta bruhaha don't take this seriously guys it's JUST an action flick what do you expect the Last Samurai?" flick, i sensed no attempt at immersing the audience to it as a work of fantasy. what i saw was frank miller's dick all over the silver screen for a hour and some minutes with people walking out ready to do their ab workouts because they were inspired by a horse junk of a storyline with laughably milked portrayal of honor at expense of dumbed-down portrayal of spartans' enemies, which is supposedly justified by miller's "artistic license". BOOOOOOOOOOOO
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
Mocker
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM       
LOOOOOOOOOO seriously fuck this movie UGH UGH god
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:14 PM       
Mate, i know you're trying to delve deeper into the 'mind of miller', but believe me, there is nothing so serious and outrageous to find. He is a talented artist, and many people like his style. When he creates a film, not even he would be stupid enough to put subliminal 'racist' messages and meanings, that'd just be a complete retard thing to do.
Anything you look at can be psychoo-analyzed to a greater extent, but that doesn't mean that the 'message' you picked on is meant to be there.

The America reference is completely relevant. I was saying how in every American film, America is shown as the 'Hero', whilst in most cases they arte the opposite. It is the same in this film - it is meant to be on the greek side, showing how they saw the Persians as monsters and evil beasts, if the film showed them as normal they'd be too alike the Greeks, so would lose the 'knight vs. dragon' aspect to it.

Sort out your head.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
300 isn't racist, that's what so insane about this.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM       
God this argument is tedious and boring.
Mocker
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:54 PM       
GOD this argument is so boring and TEDIOUS that i am going to MENTION IT TO YOU ALL, as you can see! you fucking ponce the movie sucked and you know it but you just fight fight fight against the dying of light until you just don't CARE anymore enough, you tell me you don't.

FUCKIN PONCE

PONCE
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vagiclean View Post
GOD this argument is so boring and TEDIOUS that i am going to MENTION IT TO YOU ALL, as you can see! you fucking ponce the movie sucked and you know it but you just fight fight fight against the dying of light until you just don't CARE anymore enough, you tell me you don't.

FUCKIN PONCE

PONCE
I'm sorry - did I miss something here? I DON'T like the movie now? The very same movie I'm getting on DVD the minute it is out? Oh, I wasn't aware.

Ponce? Is that your only insult? I hope this is a piss-take because I seriously hope you don't talk like that normally.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM       
Madness? THIS IS STUPID!

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 04:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Zomboid I didn't read yer post. LAST WORD NANANANANANAAAAAAAA
I have the last word and it's "yalls got butthurt cause I called you a dumb fuck".

:D

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:09 AM       
lol Ive seen it like 4 times now, via internet and the script basically repeats itself both in the narration, and in the action. The first thing I noticed is that the Spartans are portrayed as pissed off strippers. You know because Frank miller loves the buttsecks and he cant jerk to men in 40-50 pound armor. I heard someone walk out of the theater saying "Its cool that they didn't have any armor back then." It was WAR not the fucking Olympics.

I still think its one of the best directed, and stylized movies in recent times even if the source material and the script shits itself out of its own penis.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM       
Yeah

have you seen the original? They wear armor in that one.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM       
The movie is full of ridiculous things because it's a god damned story being told by a Spartan soldier in order to rally the rest of Greece to fight Xerxes. It's not meant to be racist. The movie does not claim to be historically accurate in any way beyond "These 300 guys fought an invading army of Persians for 3 days and beat the shit out of thousands of them. Also here are some names of some guys who fought there."

That's it. Everything else is the obvious dramatic license of a Spartan soldier.

And it has no political meaning. At least, the director didn't intend for it to have any political meaning. He has publicly stated this numerous times.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 01:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X View Post
The movie is full of ridiculous things because it's a god damned story being told by a Spartan soldier in order to rally the rest of Greece to fight Xerxes. It's not meant to be racist. The movie does not claim to be historically accurate in any way beyond "These 300 guys fought an invading army of Persians for 3 days and beat the shit out of thousands of them. Also here are some names of some guys who fought there."

That's it. Everything else is the obvious dramatic license of a Spartan soldier.

And it has no political meaning. At least, the director didn't intend for it to have any political meaning. He has publicly stated this numerous times.
Thank You!
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 03:02 PM       
That makes ALOT of sense, Spectre! It also makes sense why the 1 Immortal who had his mask taken off looked like a mutant, he probably never saw any of their faces & he just assumed they had to be mutants under those helmets. Because they were so scary or something, he just imagined that's what they had to be under the armor :o

I forgot that the 1 spartan sent back to greece was the narrator, I didn't even think about that after I left the theatres!

I think you people pick movies like this apart for no reason.. It's like watching BAD BOYS 2 and claiming it's UNREALISTIC & STUPID :o
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM       
Oh, my brother just pointed out that the excessive use of mutants could of been due to the excessive amount of inbreeding they did back then
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 04:00 PM       
YEAH I HAVE A FRIEND WHO FUCKED HIS SISTER NOW HIS BABY SON HAS RAZORS FOR ARMS
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM       
No - if you looked closely you could see there was all stitches etc. on his arms holding them on
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 04:06 PM       
Oh, and just for the record, this version kicked ass!

bad acting, shit sets (some are paintings) and loads of really stupid lines! Woo!
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM       
Spectre, that's a really good observation, I didn't even think about that. Whether it was the director's intention or not I'm unsure but, damn, it's a very nice cover.

The blade-armed guy was probably was how they envisioned the executions, and the mutant feller prolly wasn't nearly as mutated, Xerxes prolly wasn't twelve-foot tall, etc. That really does put things into perspective :O