Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 11:55 PM       
kikujiro - silly movie about a young kid traveling into the japanese countryside with takeshi kitano. i liked it.

love in the time of cholera - crap garbage. my girlfriend said the book was all about enemas and she's pissed that they didn't have enemas in the movie. instead, they inflated the "one chapter" about dude sleeping around into the bulk of the movie. fuck you, hollywood. also, oh my god just make a spanish movie instead of having all the actors speak with spanish accents.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 12:55 AM       
Wow, I need to reread that book because I remember nothing about enemas. I remember some long, graphic description of how the doctor loved to smell his own asparagus piss.

Anything with Beat Takeshi is great.

Went and saw Despicable Me 2 in the theater tonight. It was cute. I missed huge chunks of it because I had my young kid there and I was paranoid as fuck about her making noise. I picked an aisle seat and the second she started about bathroom or drink or something I had her out of there. At one point she wanted to stand up and I shushed her and tried to reposition her in the seat and she stood up and said BUT I HAVE A WEDGIE.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 04:48 PM       
if you haven't seen kikujiro, you should watch it! when you're in the mood for something... pastoral.

kitsa i think about you a lot because any time i've posted a picture of a mushroom you've IDed it. i see mushrooms a lot and wish i had somebody to ID them (and tell me which ones i can eat).

ohyaku: the female demon aka legends of the poisonous seductress: female demon ohyaku. this one disappointed me because i thought the plot was that she dies and comes back as a demon. instead she gets raped and then everybody else tries to rape her and she kills some of them.

are there any japanese action movies that doesn't involve women being raped?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 04:14 AM       
Mostly google. I'd never eat a mushroom that I just came upon in the woods; don't trust myself enough. I did find some weird mushroom in the Michigan Dunes that I couldn't even begin to identify. Wasn't even sure if it was plant or fungus.

I've been wanting to rewatch Happiness of the Katakuris.
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM       
there's a log in my yard that has grown a ton of mushrooms in the past couple of days. they look like oysters. the neighbors said some edible mushrooms grow on that log. i guess they're oysters. they're also apparently popular breeding sites for flies, as they're full of larvae.

i started watching attenborough's life in cold blood. sweeeeeeet.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM       
Still wouldn't eat 'em.

Watched Hitchcock today, with Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren. Pretty good, although Anthony Hopkins waddling around in a fat suit was a little disconcerting. I kept thinking that he was going to break into some ridiculous Eddie Murphy/Tyler Perry shit.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:35 PM       
Hunter. Hunter?
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM       
the idiot - kurosawa's adaptation of the book. too long for what it was, but apparently the original cut (now lost forever) had 100 more minutes. jesus.

i think mostly i'm annoyed because of the ending.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM       
Wolverine was not good.

The heat with Sandra bullock and Molly from that mike and Molly show was great. Mostly because of Molly.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 09:55 PM       
Aarg have you seen this?

It's like the Django against Sartanna of Samurai movies; I liked it.

I'm dling Coffee Town, Glenn Howerton's new movie right now. Can't wait to see him come down on the snooty starbucks drinkers LIKE THE HAMMER OF THOR!
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM       
Nope! Sweet cover + sweet Mifune. It's in my Netflix queue, so someday! I think I've only seen one Zatoichi movie.

I've been reeeewatchin' things

Fargo - still a great movie
Shaun of the Dead - still a great movie
It's Alive III: Island of the Alive + Larry Cohen commentary - Cohen's commentaries are great. Also his movies.
Howling III: The Marsupials + Philippe Mora commentary - I've had this movie for over a decade and have seen it like 7 times and I didn't realize there was a commentary track. NEAT.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 03:18 PM       
scandal - old kurosawa just isn't the same. pretty good, but not much to it.
four flies on grey velvet - old argento is weird. this one was silly, and it lacked the music (goblin) that makes argento movies good.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM       
God Bless America

Very flawed movie, but therapeutic at the same time. I really like some of the monologues and I like the idea of some republicans and fundamentalist christians tearing their assholes to shreds for being so mad at this movie. Watchable, but nothing special.

Cloud Atlas

Watched this for the second time. Still good. I don't know why this was getting so negative reviews. Best sci-fi in a long time. This and "Moon" gives me hope that good sci-fi isn't dead.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:22 PM       
El Topo.

Fucking. Amazing.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 05:18 PM       
I thought Wolverine was solid enough when I went to see it. The same goes for Elysium.
When was this made free?
SuperYuriGagarin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 11:40 PM       
Hell comes to Frogtown. I don't know what to say about it.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM       
The first Hellboy is solid. The old Mummy from 1932 is, to be honest, boring in spite of the atmospheric imagery.

Last edited by WhiteRoseBrian : Aug 24th, 2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Adding words to clarify
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM       
the french connection-really, really good

need to see the sequel now
When was this made free?
SuperYuriGagarin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM       
The Ideon movies.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 01:46 AM       
Magician 1958 with Max Von Sydow was really good.

Then Kowala Executive. This was out there but about the range of King Kung Fu.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM       
Just stumbled upon the imdb page of Godfrey Ho: http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0387301/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Holy shit. Watched Undefeatable with a couple of friends. Amazingly bad. Zombie vs. Ninja is up next.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM       
been watching a lot of early kurosawa. boring.

sanshiro sugata
sanshiro sugata pt. 2
no regrets for our youth
men who tread on the tiger's tail

i liked the last one.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM       
night of the creeps

first time i've seen it in over 20 years, and it's still good
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM       
Watched Star Trek Into the Darkness last night.

It was 9-11 and the movie had suicide bombings and a giant ship aimed directly at what looked like Manhattan. lol

Also watched Chasing Ice and Frankensteins Army.
I called the pizza dude!
Ricky Butler is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 05:13 PM       
Friday The 13th Part 3, in honor of the day. It's not the best of the series, but it has a certain charm.

Star Trek Into Darkness: Tadao, you hit the nail on the head. It was cool, but I was shifting in my seat with the suicide attack.

Monsters, Inc.: I still enjoy this; my son loves it too.